What does this error message mean? (I get it when trying to send a message that has embedded graphics)

How am I supposed to check the temp settings, and what am I supposed to
change? "Sending of message failed.
Unable to open the temporary file
C:\Users\Storm\AppData\Local\Temp\nsmail.tmp. Check your 'Temporary
Directory' setting."
0
Restorm

Restorm wrote:
> How am I supposed to check the temp settings, and what am I supposed to
> change? "Sending of message failed.
> Unable to open the temporary file
> C:\Users\Storm\AppData\Local\Temp\nsmail.tmp. Check your 'Temporary
> Directory' setting."

This poster to the m'zine forum investigated the Temp and found a huge
nsmail file http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?f=39&t=2702063

This Mac user posting in the linux forum commented in another's thread
about investigating the Temp and found a locked file (last message in
the thread)
http://fixunix.com/mozilla/423073-sending-message-failed-unable-open-temporary-file.html

I would say to investigate (open and inspect) the Temp folder and see
what is in there and if anything looks 'funky'.

--
Mike Easter
0
On 6/1/2013 2:09 PM, Mike Easter wrote:
> Restorm wrote:
>> How am I supposed to check the temp settings, and what am I supposed to
>> change? "Sending of message failed.
>> Unable to open the temporary file
>> C:\Users\Storm\AppData\Local\Temp\nsmail.tmp. Check your 'Temporary
>> Directory' setting."
>
> This poster to the m'zine forum investigated the Temp and found a huge
> nsmail file http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?f=39&t=2702063
>
> This Mac user posting in the linux forum commented in another's thread
> about investigating the Temp and found a locked file (last message in
> the thread)
> http://fixunix.com/mozilla/423073-sending-message-failed-unable-open-temporary-file.html
>

> I would say to investigate (open and inspect) the Temp folder and see
> what is in there and if anything looks 'funky'.

Thanks, Mike. I found one file that was 111-meg and deleted it, but the
problem. I wouldn't know a "locked" file if I tripped over one, but I
didn't see anything wonky. Then again, I don't know what wonky looks
like either. Do I need those temp files? What would happen if I just
deleted everything in the folder?
0
Restorm
6/1/2013 7:22:22 PM
Restorm wrote:
> On 6/1/2013 2:09 PM, Mike Easter wrote:
>> Restorm wrote:
>>> How am I supposed to check the temp settings, and what am I supposed to
>>> change? "Sending of message failed.
>>> Unable to open the temporary file
>>> C:\Users\Storm\AppData\Local\Temp\nsmail.tmp. Check your 'Temporary
>>> Directory' setting."
>>
>> This poster to the m'zine forum investigated the Temp and found a huge
>> nsmail file http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?f=39&t=2702063
>>
>> This Mac user posting in the linux forum commented in another's thread
>> about investigating the Temp and found a locked file (last message in
>> the thread)
>> http://fixunix.com/mozilla/423073-sending-message-failed-unable-open-temporary-file.html
>>

>> I would say to investigate (open and inspect) the Temp folder and see
>> what is in there and if anything looks 'funky'.
>>

> Thanks, Mike. I found one file that was 111-meg and deleted it, but the
> problem. I wouldn't know a "locked" file if I tripped over one, but I
> didn't see anything wonky. Then again, I don't know what wonky looks
> like either. Do I need those temp files? What would happen if I just
> deleted everything in the folder?

Disclaimer: I'm guessing

  - You are Win7; I have no familiarity with Win7, I'm various linux,
XP, occsl Vista
  - I would *assume* that anything in a temp folder could be safely deleted
  - The temp directory you have named isn't familiar to me as a Tb
directory per se (it has cache directories on my system) but I have a
Temp directory in XP resembling the path you described
  - The links I gave earlier addressed two different Temp folders, one
on the root of C and the other in the path you described; on my XP
system which was recently 'cleaned up' for space currently (or
consequently) has no files in either of its Temp directories.

--
Mike Easter
0
On 6/1/2013 4:53 PM, Mike Easter wrote:
> Restorm wrote:
>>>
>>> This poster to the m'zine forum investigated the Temp and found a huge
>>> nsmail file http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?f=39&t=2702063
>>>
>>> This Mac user posting in the linux forum commented in another's thread
>>> about investigating the Temp and found a locked file (last message in
>>> the thread)
>>> http://fixunix.com/mozilla/423073-sending-message-failed-unable-open-temporary-file.html
>>>

>>> I would say to investigate (open and inspect) the Temp folder and see
>>> what is in there and if anything looks 'funky'.
>>>

>> Thanks, Mike. I found one file that was 111-meg and deleted it, but the
>> problem. I wouldn't know a "locked" file if I tripped over one, but I
>> didn't see anything wonky. Then again, I don't know what wonky looks
>> like either. Do I need those temp files? What would happen if I just
>> deleted everything in the folder?
>
> Disclaimer: I'm guessing
>
>   - You are Win7; I have no familiarity with Win7, I'm various linux,
> XP, occsl Vista
>   - I would *assume* that anything in a temp folder could be safely deleted
>   - The temp directory you have named isn't familiar to me as a Tb
> directory per se (it has cache directories on my system) but I have a
> Temp directory in XP resembling the path you described
>   - The links I gave earlier addressed two different Temp folders, one
> on the root of C and the other in the path you described; on my XP
> system which was recently 'cleaned up' for space currently (or
> consequently) has no files in either of its Temp directories.

Thanks, Mike. Yeah: I should have mentioned I'm on W7. Cheers! - Storm
0
Restorm
6/2/2013 11:29:57 AM
On 6/1/2013 2:09 PM, Mike Easter wrote:
> Restorm wrote:
>> How am I supposed to check the temp settings, and what am I supposed to
>> change? "Sending of message failed.
>> Unable to open the temporary file
>> C:\Users\Storm\AppData\Local\Temp\nsmail.tmp. Check your 'Temporary
>> Directory' setting."
>
> This poster to the m'zine forum investigated the Temp and found a huge
> nsmail file http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?f=39&t=2702063
>
> This Mac user posting in the linux forum commented in another's thread
> about investigating the Temp and found a locked file (last message in
> the thread)
> http://fixunix.com/mozilla/423073-sending-message-failed-unable-open-temporary-file.html
>

> I would say to investigate (open and inspect) the Temp folder and see
> what is in there and if anything looks 'funky'.

I've now noticed that I can often click "save" (to Drafts) a few times,
or "Send" a few times, and it will open that Temp folder and allow the
email to got through. Sure would like to know what's going on behind the
scenes, so I'd have an idea of how to fix it. I deleted everything in
the Temp folder, but the problem persists (only with emails that have
embedded graphics). I'm on W7, by the way.
0
Restorm
6/3/2013 5:05:52 PM
Restorm wrote:
> Mike Easter wrote:
>> Restorm wrote:
>>> How am I supposed to check the temp settings, and what am I
>>> supposed to change? "Sending of message failed.

>>> Unable to open the temporary file

>> I would say to investigate (open and inspect) the Temp folder and
>> see what is in there and if anything looks 'funky'.

> I've now noticed that I can often click "save" (to Drafts) a few
> times, or "Send" a few times, and it will open that Temp folder and
> allow the email to got through. Sure would like to know what's going
> on behind the scenes, so I'd have an idea of how to fix it. I deleted
> everything in the Temp folder, but the problem persists (only with
> emails that have embedded graphics). I'm on W7, by the way.

Maybe there is some kind of corruption or congestion with your Sent or
Drafts folderfile.  You might R click each of those and compact them.

If Tb is having trouble moving the item from its composing condition to
the sent condition, it might be exercising some temp function to help
itself out.

--
Mike Easter
0
On 6/1/2013 1:52 PM, Restorm wrote:
> How am I supposed to check the temp settings, and what am I supposed to
> change? "Sending of message failed.
> Unable to open the temporary file
> C:\Users\Storm\AppData\Local\Temp\nsmail.tmp. Check your 'Temporary
> Directory' setting."
Seems many other folks have had this same problem (based on Google
search). I just noticed that McAfee's real-time scanning was turned on
(I had turned it off some time ago due to other TBird problems it was
causing). Don't know how it got turned back on, but I turned it off
again, and the problem with TBird not being able to open the Local Temp
folder when sending messages with embedded graphics went away. Thanks
for your help, all.
0
Restorm

Why get I 'Acces denided' message from powersoft.public.jaguar.cts when I try to send a message?
A really general question: Why get I 'Acces denided' message from powersoft.public.jaguar.cts when I try to send a message? Outlook Express could not post your message. Subject 'Asynchronous problem', Account: 'forums.sybase.com', Server: 'forums.sybase.com', Protocol: NNTP, Server Response: '441 (502) Article Rejected -- Access Denied.', Port: 119, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 441, Error Number: 0x800CCCA9 thanks, Lenus Use the newsgroup news://powersoft.public.easerver instead. HTH ------- Met vriendelijke groet - ...

trying to send email getting error Could not access 'CDO.Message'
Im trying to send a newsletter and I have done this before but this is the first time I have come across this error: Could not access 'CDO.Message'   Does anyone have any suggestions in how I could fix this. Hi,there's a dedicated site for emailing from .NET: http://www.systemwebmail.com/. There's also a FAQ over there where questions like these are answered.Grz, Kris.Read my blog. Handy Firefox plugins for web developers.Workaround for non working Mark as answer buttons....

Error message: sending of message failed
Hi all.. WHen I try to send email, I get the following message? Sending of message failed. Error writing temporary file. This is my first time trying to send messages. I have windows vista home basic edition. Can you please help me? Yours truly Casper. Casper said the following On 03/01/2008 10:28 AM: > Hi all.. > > WHen I try to send email, I get the following message? > > Sending of message failed. > Error writing temporary file. > > This is my first time trying to send messages. > I have windows vista home basic edition. > &g...

Systems bombs out trying to display error message rather than displaying error message
Hi I am using the following method to display error messages in my asp.net c# system: currentPage.Controls.Add(new LiteralControl("<script language='javascript'> window.alert('" + strMsg + "')</script>")); However, at certain times this falls over with the message: The control collection cannot be modified during DataBind, Init, Load, PreRender or Unload phases Is there a way round this, like maybe using a deferred message? Stapes hi stapes, Try using the ClientScriptManager to manage your javascript instead of adding it using a...

When I click "get messages" no new messages come through... but lots of people are sending me messages!!! Help!
So, I've had thunderbird for a while, and I sorta remember this happening before... but I can't remember how it fixed itself, or what I did to fix the situation... When I send myself a message from my thunderbird account to my hotmail account, I get the message... but when I send a message from my hotmail account to thunderbird (or if someone else sends a message to my thunderbird), I don't receive the message. What is happening and what can I do? No one knows I'm not getting their messages, and I need to get my messages! Help me please! ~Sarah On Or About ...

Thunderbird slow to download messages or send message
We now use Thunderbird for our e-mail on three Windows XP systems (with SP2) in our house and all three do the same thing. First of all, when I start up Thunderbird, I cannot download any new messages until I get a pop-up in the lower right-hand corner telling me I have new mail. Then, when I click on "Get Mail", the following happens: I see "Connected to mail.(isp provider).ca..." at the bottom of the window, the system seems to wait for 30-40 seconds, then I see "Connect: Host contacted, sending login information", followed by "Downloading m...

Signing Message in Thunderbird Results in Error Message
Hi, I hope this is the right location to post this message. I already asked in the mozillazine forum at http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?p=2987006 and was asked to re-post this question for the experts in this group. The problem is that I cannot sign a mail using S/MIME. I generated a certificate using StartCom's service and imported it into Thunderbird. When trying to send an email signed with this certificate I receive the following error: <quote> Sending of message failed. Unable to sign message. Please check that the certificates specified in Mail ...

Error sending message
My dbremote setup has gone well for a while. Today dbremote on the remote site stopped with the following msg: 'Error sending message � message larger than maximum allowed' 'Sending message interupted' 'Execution completed' I added the switch -l 20000 to dbremote startup, started dbremote again and everything seems to be ok. (-l 20000 means : 20 kb as maximum msg length). For this remote user I use ccMail mobile v6 for Win31, OP Win95, SQLAny 5.5.0.4. Message type is VIM. Is there a maximum message size for the different message types VIM, FILE, SMT...

Thunderbird, get Text Message (Body) from selected message
Hi, I can get the URI of the selected message(s) in Thunderbird. Is there any way I can get the text of the email so I can process it? Thank you for your time. ...

Getting error Message
Does anyone have any idea what this message means? I have it scrolling through my messages window. You are probably using SQL Anywhere. If you are on a busy network this can occur. What happens is that the packets are sent out from the client in a specific order. Somewhere between the server and the client a packet got dropped (or vice-versa). The server will request a resend when that occurs. It can also be an indicator that you may have some hardware that either can't keep up or isn't working properly. If you have this with great frequency that you may want ...

Error message when I try to send an email
I'm getting this error message when I try to send an email: ---------------------------------------------------------------------- The "SendUsing" configuration value is invalid. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: The "SendUsing" configuration value is invalid. Source Error: Line 48: Line 49: SmtpMail.Send(txtFrom.Te...

How to get rid of warning message "A program is trying to send..." when sending email using Outlook 2007
Hi, How do you find a way to get rid of the warning message "A program is trying to send an e-mail message on your behalf...." when sending an email (using MAPI) using Outlook 2007 from a PowerBuilder application? I would like an email message sent with an attachment automatically without interruption. BusyBeaver There is a setting that your email admin can change to avoid that message. I don't know what it is but I know it exist because we had the same problem years ago. Another option is to ditch mapi and use smtp instead. I just recently changed our syst...

Opening message in Thunderbird default message window, with message header
Hi, I need to find a way to open a message in the default Thunderbird message window. I only have the message header information, but to open the message window i need the messageUri, folderUri and gDBView: window.openDialog( "chrome://messenger/content/messageWindow.xul", "_blank", "all,chrome,dialog=no,status,toolbar", messageUri, folderUri, gDBView ); Is there any other way to open the message window, or how can I get these arguments with just the header information? Trouble is, I'm not in the main thunderbird view when calling my function, ...

Having problems on set up, I keep getting this message. I tried many times. Please Help! :) Or can I get Thunderbird 1.5 back?
Name: Helga Email: sayuridothmatgmaildotcom Product: Thunderbird Summary: Having problems on set up, I keep getting this message. I tried many times. Please Help! :) Or can I get Thunderbird 1.5 back? Comments: Error opening file for writing: \r\n\r\nmozMapi32.dll\r\n\r\nClick Retry to try again, or\r\nCancel to stop the installation. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.4) Gecko/20070515 Firefox/2.0.0.4 ...

Web resources about - What does this error message mean? (I get it when trying to send a message that has embedded graphics) - mozilla.support.thunderbird

Embedded system - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Picture of the internals of an ADSL modem / router . A modern example of an embedded system. Labelled parts include a microprocessor (4), RAM ...

Embedded Instagram Photos on the Web Are Now Bigger, Cleaner
Is bigger better? In the case of embedded photos , Instagram believes the answer to be yes, as Mashable reported that the Facebook-owned photo- ...

Embedded Video Player
Embed Videos from Facebook on your blog or website.

Facebook rolls out embedded posts to everyone
Post by Mumford and Sons . Last month, Facebook ran a test of embedded posts with CNN , Huffington Post , Bleacher Report , PEOPLE and Mashable ...

Embedded-Clovis (@ClovisDuino) on Twitter

Rich photo experience now in embedded Tweets - Twitter Blogs
Every day, publishers and journalists all over the world share the best of Twitter with their readers by embedding Tweets in their articles. ...

Embedded Timelines - Twitter Developers
Overview Embeddable timelines make it easy to syndicate any public Twitter timeline to your website with one line of code. Just like timelines ...

Embedded Systems Conference (ESC)
ESC events provide an educational experience for embedded systems designers and technical professionals involved in designing electronics products ...

App Store - Embedded Computing Design
Get Embedded Computing Design on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

VIA Embedded booth digital home - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Stylish, discreet digital home automation, security and entertainment solutions on show at the VIA Embedded booth at Computex 2009