Welcome to mozilla.support.thunderbird

0
Dave
1/10/2006 6:04:57 AM
mozilla.support.thunderbird 21886 articles. 2 followers. Post Follow

On 1/10/2006 1:04 AM, Dave Miller wrote:

> Welcome to mozilla.support.thunderbird

Glad to be here.

--
Best regards
Gord McFee

> On 1/10/2006 1:04 AM, Dave Miller wrote:
>
>> Welcome to mozilla.support.thunderbird
>
> Glad to be here.

Me too.  8-)

--
LJ
My Best Friend Is My Wife!!

0
DynaBMan
1/11/2006 2:30:54 AM
Dave Miller wrote:
> Welcome to mozilla.support.thunderbird

Happy to be here ... hoping for some good tips :-)

--
Regards

Steve G
0
SteveG
1/11/2006 10:59:40 AM
Dave Miller wrote:
> Welcome to mozilla.support.thunderbird

Likewise!
Good to be here!
--
ac
0
Dave Miller wrote:
> Welcome to mozilla.support.thunderbird
Thank you. Hope to make use of the place a LOT.
0
Donald
1/12/2006 7:28:24 PM
Donald Cook wrote:
> Dave Miller wrote:
>> Welcome to mozilla.support.thunderbird
> Thank you. Hope to make use of the place a LOT.

OK I made it over here OK too. Just installed 1.5 so far so good.
0
Joe
1/12/2006 11:43:28 PM
Dave Miller wrote:
> Welcome to mozilla.support.thunderbird
hello i,m new how do you delete pics in newsgroup..thank
0
andre
11/9/2006 1:03:29 PM
On 11/9/2006 5:03 AM andre opined:

> Dave Miller wrote:
>> Welcome to mozilla.support.thunderbird
> hello i,m new how do you delete pics in newsgroup..thank

you can't - they aren't your postings to edit.
change your view settings to /not/ view attachments in line via toolbar
view>
0
goodwin
11/9/2006 3:00:03 PM
goodwin wrote:
> On 11/9/2006 5:03 AM andre opined:
>
>> Dave Miller wrote:
>>> Welcome to mozilla.support.thunderbird
>> hello i,m new how do you delete pics in newsgroup..thank
>
> you can't - they aren't your postings to edit.
> change your view settings to /not/ view attachments in line via toolbar
> view>

Try downloading everything again and see.
0
Bob
11/10/2006 10:56:26 AM
Dave Miller wrote:
> Welcome to mozilla.support.thunderbird
got a problem sir, just downloaded thunderbird, but every time i try to
set it up it keeps sending me to a now defunct email server that i used
to have but no longer have. It keeps trying to send me to
selenafan@peoplepc.com, and this account no longer exists. How do i
change it to tejanoselenafan@msn.com so i can use thunderbird?

Respectfully

Carl Williams
0
carl
3/19/2007 5:31:54 PM
* carl williams wrote:
> Dave Miller wrote:
>> Welcome to mozilla.support.thunderbird
> got a problem sir, just downloaded thunderbird, but every time i try to
> set it up it keeps sending me to a now defunct email server that i used
> to have but no longer have. It keeps trying to send me to
> selenafan@peoplepc.com, and this account no longer exists. How do i
> change it to tejanoselenafan@msn.com so i can use thunderbird?
>
> Respectfully
>
> Carl Williams

Click on your account so that it is highlighted, then in the right-hand
pane chose ""View Settings for this Account."   Then go to "server
settings" and change the server's name.   Not certain if you also need
to do that in the main account name "outgoing server (SMTP)" or whether
that will automatically change.
Miles
0
Miles
3/19/2007 5:45:17 PM
On 3/19/2007 12:45 PM, Tbird Leader Miles radioed the tower to announce:
> * carl williams wrote:
>> Dave Miller wrote:
>>> Welcome to mozilla.support.thunderbird
>> got a problem sir, just downloaded thunderbird, but every time i try
>> to set it up it keeps sending me to a now defunct email server that i
>> used to have but no longer have. It keeps trying to send me to
>> selenafan@peoplepc.com, and this account no longer exists. How do i
>> change it to tejanoselenafan@msn.com so i can use thunderbird?
>>
>> Respectfully
>>
>> Carl Williams
>
> Click on your account so that it is highlighted, then in the
> right-hand pane chose ""View Settings for this Account."   Then go to
> "server settings" and change the server's name.   Not certain if you
> also need to do that in the main account name "outgoing server (SMTP)"
> or whether that will automatically change.
> Miles
The outgoing SMTP server needs to be added manually and any entry for
the old server deleted so your outgoing mail will be processed
correctly.  You do need to configure the Incoming account to use the
correct SMPT server.

--
Ron K.
Don't be a fonted, it's just type casting

I am trying to install Thunderbird.  I am also 3 days off going live with
TalkTalk broadband (replacing Pipex as my server)
I have reached the point in installation where I am prompted to insert my
Password for pamela.slade@tiscali.co.uk.
I used tiscali for a while last year, and the address seems to have stuck!
How can I get the address right in my PC?
should I wait until TalkTalk is up and running before installing
Thunderbird?

Thanks

Pam

0
pamela
5/16/2008 7:21:58 PM
Dave Miller wrote:
> Welcome to mozilla.support.thunderbird

So, Dave---somehow I got into this "newsgroup"(?)  And I now have
60-some-thousand e-mails in my Inbox!!!

I'm looking for tech support for T-bird stuff---
is this a good source to get some info?

Thanx for your help!!

Art

0
user
7/30/2008 11:58:29 PM
user@domain.invalid wrote:
> Dave Miller wrote:
>> Welcome to mozilla.support.thunderbird
>

> So, Dave---somehow I got into this "newsgroup"(?)  And I now have
> 60-some-thousand e-mails in my Inbox!!!
>
> I'm looking for tech support for T-bird stuff---
> is this a good source to get some info?
>
> Thanx for your help!!
>
> Art

Yes
0
Lou
7/31/2008 12:55:15 AM
* pamela slade wrote, On 5/16/2008 12:21:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to install Thunderbird.  I am also 3 days off going live with
> TalkTalk broadband (replacing Pipex as my server)
> I have reached the point in installation where I am prompted to insert my
> Password for pamela.slade@tiscali.co.uk.
> I used tiscali for a while last year, and the address seems to have stuck!
> How can I get the address right in my PC?
> should I wait until TalkTalk is up and running before installing
> Thunderbird?
>
> Thanks
>
> Pam

Best you start a new thread with a subject descriptive of your question.
Miles
0
Miles
7/31/2008 1:40:38 AM
On 1/9/2006 11:04 PM, Dave Miller wrote:
> Welcome to mozilla.support.thunderbird

thanks... just had to resubscribe... so nice to be thanked each time... ;>)

--
A paradigms will only buy you a cliche or two these days

  ** taglines brought to you by tagzilla 0.066.2
0
sean
12/4/2010 1:35:53 AM
On 7/30/2008 4:58 PM, user@domain.invalid wrote:
> Dave Miller wrote:
>> Welcome to mozilla.support.thunderbird
>

> So, Dave---somehow I got into this "newsgroup"(?) And I now have
> 60-some-thousand e-mails in my Inbox!!!
>
> I'm looking for tech support for T-bird stuff---
> is this a good source to get some info?
>
> Thanx for your help!!
>
> Art

you only got 60K? dang... i got just over 90K ;>)

sean

--
In the 60's, people took acid to make the world appear weird...
....Now the world is weird and people take Prozac to make it appear normal.

  ** taglines brought to you by tagzilla 0.066.2
0
sean
12/4/2010 1:37:00 AM
sean bean wrote:
> you only got 60K? dang... i got just over 90K ;>)

No you don't need to download all those messages because some of them
are likely to be very old that applies to old products.  Also, it is
impossible to read all of them by humans!.  I suggest reconfigure your
TB so that you only download 300 messages at a time.  Look at this
picture to give you an idea:

<http://picasaweb.google.com/xfsgpr/TBNewsgroup#slideshow/5546653907459222498>

hth

0
Good
12/4/2010 2:54:05 AM
Good Guy wrote:
> sean bean wrote:
>> you only got 60K? dang... i got just over 90K ;>)
>>

> No you don't need to download all those messages because some of them
> are likely to be very old that applies to old products.  Also, it is
> impossible to read all of them by humans!.  I suggest reconfigure your
> TB so that you only download 300 messages at a time.  Look at this
> picture to give you an idea:
>
> <http://picasaweb.google.com/xfsgpr/TBNewsgroup#slideshow/5546653907459222498>
>

> hth

If you need to search for anything then your first port-of-call should
be this link:

<http://groups.google.com/group/mozilla.support.thunderbird/topics?lnk=srg&hl=en>

hth

0
Good
12/4/2010 2:57:59 AM
On 12/3/2010 7:54 PM, Good Guy previously wrote the following...::
> sean bean wrote:
>> you only got 60K? dang... i got just over 90K ;>)
>>

> No you don't need to download all those messages because some of them
> are likely to be very old that applies to old products. Also, it is
> impossible to read all of them by humans!. I suggest reconfigure your TB
> so that you only download 300 messages at a time. Look at this picture
> to give you an idea:
>
> <http://picasaweb.google.com/xfsgpr/TBNewsgroup#slideshow/5546653907459222498>
>

> hth

thanks for your concern good guy,

but i really only downloaded them all just to see what i'd posted and
when, trying to ascertain when certain problems first appeared in my own
timeline... no intention of reading all 112K that downloaded this last
time...

sean

--
Calvin "People think it must be fun to be a super genius, but they don't
realize how hard it is to put up with all the idiots in the world"

Hobbes  "Isn't your pants' zipper supposed to be in the front?"

  ** taglines brought to you by tagzilla 0.066.2
0
sean

Does Thunderbird support
64 bit Windows Home Premium Vista? Asking for a friend who doesn't use news groups well. On 04/28/2009 09:22 PM sharon scribbled: > 64 bit Windows Home Premium Vista? Asking for a friend who doesn't use > news groups well. That makes 2 of you that don't use news groups well. Your subject is half a question when it should be a subject. "64 bit Windows Home Premium Vista?" isn't a properly formed question. And Thunderbird doesn't support operating systems, its the other way around. goodwin wrote: > On 04/28/2009 09:22 PM sharon s...

support/what support
Name: William Johnson Email: william0992atsbcglobaldotnet Product: Firefox Summary: support/what support Comments: your support? department for Firefox issues is nothing but a circular maze of unbelievably confusing information that is of no use for the layman and I would dump this piece of trash if I didn't need it for certain websites. I don't know how to reprogram the many bugs or fix the many websites broken by this thing and its "error console" with no directions as to what to do with it. What is it's purpose if there is no help function for it? ...

Thunderbird to Thunderbird
Our laptop went bad but hard drive is good and have accessed it. How do I transfer the email etc. from the old laptop to a desktop computer with a fresh install of thunderbird? Thank you! zparky wrote: > Our laptop went bad but hard drive is good and have accessed it. How do > I transfer the email etc. from the old laptop to a desktop computer with > a fresh install of thunderbird? > Thank you! Find your profile folder on the old drive. (This will help you find it: http://kb.mozillazine.org/Profile_folder_-_Thunderbird Use the instructions for Vista if you are...

Support for Thunderbird
Name: Ron Giddens Email: monron9attalktalkdotnet Product: Thunderbird Summary: Support for Thunderbird Comments: I have recently changed to broadband supplied by the Carphone Warehouse (don't be fooled by the name - they are very big firm with many products) called Talktalk. I am having difficulty both sending and receiving e-mails and am told by their helpline (which I suspect is based in India) that they do not support Thunderbird. Could you approach them to see if they can develop a support programme as I suspect this affects a lot of British users? Browser Deta...

Support Thunderbird
Tony VAN ACKER email: _vtony@belgacom.net _Support Thunderbird._ _Hello, 1/ I have a problem.... to solve 2/ I ... must search in knowledge base SO..... I have 2 ( two ) PROBLEMS.... I don't like that. My problem: I have a database with all information of my letters, emails and pdf ( information/documentation ) with _/*DELPHI ( Pascal )*/_ I work with Thunderbird. I wish the date, subject and sender of each email in my database... NOW... I should.... ( much work ) 1/ I Save the email with *.eml 2/ I Start notepad.exe and load the *.eml 3/ I stip the date, sub...

Thunderbird Big Wish
Just throwing my two cents in the fountain. J JoshuaCastra wrote: > Just throwing my two cents in the fountain. > > J Hope so, Right now Post done with yenc won't open. -- Lester Stiefel In 2 Timothy 3:1-7, there is a list of the qualities that Unregenerate man will have in the last days. Is your quality found there? If So, don't despair - Christ came to save His people. ----== Posted via Newsfeeds.Com - Unlimited-Uncensored-Secure Usenet News==---- http://www.newsfeeds.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! >100,000 Newsgroups ---= 19 Ea...

[Fwd: Welcome to the "support-thunderbird" mailing list (Digest mode)]
When trying to make a reply on a thread in the subject mailing list Google Accounts requests a sign-on. When I use the password shown below in the enclosed confirmation message I receive an error indication which says that the user name and password do not match. However, I can sign-on with this password at the URL ( https://lists.mozilla.org/options/support-thunderbird/receiver%40gowdygroup.net ) shown in the enclosed confirmation message. I now that I've made this post so can everyone else. The consequence is that I seem to be in a state where I, as well as everyon...

Yenc support in Thunderbird?
Hooraayy! I've gotten access to some binaries groups again. So the natural question arises: How do I view Yenc-coded images the fastest and easiest way (without changing away from Thunderbird...) :-) Explanations in "spoon-fulls" if possible :-) regards from -- Vegard Krog Petersen - Norway http://vegard2.no - Solitaire MahJongg guide, Sarah Michelle Gellar Solitaire, Freeware Logo & symbol, Halma & Chinese Checkers, Pachisi & Ludo, Freeware Solitaire, My fishy site (fishing games), a.c.f.g information, Fredrikshald Havfiskeklubb 18+ sites: F...

Binaries support for Thunderbird
Hi Everyone Does anybody know if there will be ever Binary support in usenet for thunderbird?? Or is there even a plugin for that ? Thanks for any advice Greetz Numer0bis Numer0bis wrote: > Hi Everyone > > Does anybody know if there will be ever Binary support in usenet for > thunderbird?? > > Or is there even a plugin for that ? > > Thanks for any advice > > Greetz Numer0bis Anything is possible, but this one is highly unlikely in my experience with the software going all the way back to Netscape 1.2. I understand that someo...

Thunderbird Thesaurus support
I am attempting to migrate away from Microsoft to Thunderbird and Open Office products. I would like to know if there is an add-on for a = Thesaurus function within Thunderbird. I have read all the posts (most appear to = be a year or so old) regarding this subject and it does not appear to exist. = The instructions for adding Snappy Words or The Thesaurus along with the = other options say download the file. Only when you download nothing happens except the add-on is added to Firefox. The file is an HTML file and not = an XPI file as was suggested. I am trying to get to the ...

Paid support for ThunderBird?
Hello. Are there any places to get high quality paid support for ThunderBird? I know there are many free support alternatives, but I'd like to know if there are any good support options so that one can pay someone to try and figure out different things one might want to know. Tonny Tonny Iversen schrieb: > Hello. Are there any places [...] Do you know what "de" in de.comm.software.mozilla.mailnews stands for? Obviously, you don't. BTW: XP without fup2 is bad. I fixed this for you. Claus ...

Xforms support in Thunderbird?
I'm developing an extension for Thunderbird and want to render Xforms. Does the Firefox Xforms extension work in Thunderbird or is there any other Xform support? I'm testing with both Thunderbird 2 and Thunderbird 3 beta 2. Have posted this question to the Thunderbird forum / groups and suggested I post here. Hi, I'm sorry, I don't know that much about Thunderbird. However, we are a firefox extension, so the first question to answer is whether Thunderbird handles Firefox extensions. We also have a dependency on XTF so that when the html parser encounters ...

support for Thunderbird #2
Name: Marcus Radisch Email: forumatmarcusradischdotde Product: Thunderbird Summary: support for Thunderbird Comments: Hello, i want donate for Thunderbird, but i cant fiend any information only seamonkey, firefox, .... Where i can send my donation? Many greeting Marcus Radisch Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; de; rv:1.9.1.2) Gecko/20090729 Firefox/3.5.2 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729) From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wish to provide one you must BCC (not...

Not infringing on Thunderbird support
Ideally, I'd like to keep the Mozilla.com banner [1] on sumo. But, if a Thunderbird user goes to www.mozilla.com/thunderbird/ they are going to expect the "Support" link in the banner, to lead them to Thunderbird support, not Firefox support. So what do we do? If we're putting Firefox support at support.mozilla.com/firefox/ , what are we putting at the sumo index? A pick-your-product page, like the products index [2]? If Thunderbird support eventually gets a KB/forum on sumo, are we going to have two separate CMS installations, requiring two separate logins? ...

thunderbird yenc support?
I read that Thunderbird supports yenc. I have 1.5, but yenc binaries don't decode. Does it work or doesn't it? Am I missing some configuration somewhere? ...

Web resources about - Welcome to mozilla.support.thunderbird - mozilla.support.thunderbird

Mozilla Thunderbird
Mozilla Thunderbird is created by a global non-profit dedicated to putting individuals in control and shaping the future of the web for the public ...

Mozilla Thunderbird - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
open source , cross-platform email and news client developed by the Mozilla Foundation . The project strategy is modeled after Mozilla Firefox ...

Edit Logo - Thunderbird - CrunchBase Product Profile
TechCrunch CrunchBase More TechCrunch Europe TechCrunch France TechCrunch Japan Register - Login or Advanced Search Home > Products > Thunderbird ...

bixi-bicycle-20120208-thunderbird-toronto-workweek-010.jpg - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Explore roland's photos on Flickr. roland has uploaded 143376 photos to Flickr.

Thunderbirds Are Go - Introducing The World - YouTube
The world of Thunderbirds Are Go, Tracy Island, miniature sets and craft have been lovingly made by none other than WETA Workshop - the model ...

Thunderbirds are go: First pictures of TV remake
The first images of the upcoming TV reboot of the iconic series Thunderbirds have been released, recasting the iconic puppets from the 1960s ...

Thunderbirds creator Gerry Anderson dies aged 83
... puppet TV shows Captain Scarlet, Stingray and Joe 90 died in his sleep, his son announces. Gerry Anderson, best known as the creator of Thunderbirds ...

Firebirds hold nerve to hold out Thunderbirds
It was another close shave but Queensland Firebirds coach Roselee Jencke was happy for her side to take a second straight win.

Melbourne Cup: Thunderbird One - the last of the dreamers
Francis Finnegan admits it's a bit of a worry that Thunderbird One, the horse he and wife Samantha took on as a baby and love to bits, has been ...

Southerners steal last-gasp draw against Thunderbirds
Southern Steel stole a 53-53 draw in the chaotic final seconds of their trans-Tasman netball league clash against Adelaide Thunderbirds.