Weird chat problem

I am using Thunderbird Chat to mirror conversations with work colleagues
that originated in Google Hangouts. This has worked fine for two years.
A few minutes ago, the conversation I was in suddenly blanked out.
Nothing that was in the conversation was visible any more and nothing I
typed from that point on appeared either. I checked Hangouts on my phone
and everything was appearing fine there. In an effort to restore Tbird
Chat to normal, I closed and reopened Tbird and everything is *almost*
fine now. The big exception is that I get an hourglass in the window
where I am supposed to type. I have waited patiently for 15 or 20
minutes now and I *still* get the hourglass.

What the heck is going on and how do I get this hourglass to go away so
that I can talk to my colleagues again?

I've checked Task Manager and there's no particular high levels of disk
usage or CPU or memory so why won't that hourglass go away?

--
Rhino
0

On 2018-01-03 1:53 PM, Rhino wrote:
> I am using Thunderbird Chat to mirror conversations with work colleagues
> that originated in Google Hangouts. This has worked fine for two years.
> A few minutes ago, the conversation I was in suddenly blanked out.
> Nothing that was in the conversation was visible any more and nothing I
> typed from that point on appeared either. I checked Hangouts on my phone
> and everything was appearing fine there. In an effort to restore Tbird
> Chat to normal, I closed and reopened Tbird and everything is *almost*
> fine now. The big exception is that I get an hourglass in the window
> where I am supposed to type. I have waited patiently for 15 or 20
> minutes now and I *still* get the hourglass.
>
> What the heck is going on and how do I get this hourglass to go away so
> that I can talk to my colleagues again?
>
> I've checked Task Manager and there's no particular high levels of disk
> usage or CPU or memory so why won't that hourglass go away?

Wouldn't you know it? Thirty seconds after I gave up on it, the
hourglass finally shut itself off and I can type messages again.

--
Rhino
0