upgrade versions

	I use TB 9.0.1 and want to update to 43.0. The download of 43.0 wants
to install on my C: drive. My current 9.0.1 is installed on my E: drive.
How do I install 43.0 on E: and retain my settings/mail etc.? Do I just
install and then transfer my profile? Thanks.
--
Ed Mc
0

On 5/19/2017 10:04 AM, Ed Mc wrote:
>      I use TB 9.0.1 and want to update to 43.0. The download of 43.0
> wants to install on my C: drive. My current 9.0.1 is installed on my E:
> drive. How do I install 43.0 on E: and retain my settings/mail etc.? Do
> I just install and then transfer my profile? Thanks.
Install and transfer the profile.

OR

Install and redirect each account to the E: drive in Account settings.

I remember you uses to be able to direct the install.  I have not done
that for years, and don't remember if the option still exist or not.
0
Keith
5/19/2017 2:09:27 PM
On 5/19/17 10:04 AM, Ed Mc wrote:
>      I use TB 9.0.1 and want to update to 43.0. The download of 43.0
> wants to install on my C: drive. My current 9.0.1 is installed on my E:
> drive. How do I install 43.0 on E: and retain my settings/mail etc.? Do
> I just install and then transfer my profile? Thanks.

There is no official Thunderbird 43.0 release.

Did you mean 43.0b1?

The latest release is 52.1.1.

<https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/thunderbird/all/>

When installing use Custom, then Browse to the location.

--
Go Bucs and Pens!
Coexist <https://www.coexist.org/>
On 5/19/2017 7:04 AM, Ed Mc wrote:
> 	I use TB 9.0.1 and want to update to 43.0. The download of 43.0 wants
> to install on my C: drive. My current 9.0.1 is installed on my E: drive.
> How do I install 43.0 on E: and retain my settings/mail etc.? Do I just
> install and then transfer my profile? Thanks.

Before upgrading, locate the Thunderbird profile.  It will be in a
folder that contains both the file prefs.js and the subfolder Mail.
Copy (not cut) the entire profile folder to another location.  Then
upgrade.

If the upgrade has problems so severe that you want to revert to an
earlier version of Thunderbird, you can then delete the new profile
folder and restore the copied folder.

--
David E. Ross
<http://www.rossde.com>

Consider:
*  Most state mandate that drivers have liability insurance.
*  Employers are mandated to have worker's compensation insurance.
*  If you live in a flood zone, flood insurance is mandatory.
*  If your home has a mortgage, fire insurance is mandatory.

Why then is mandatory health insurance so bad??
0
David
--------------040508090209090003090509

On 19/05/2017 15:04, Ed Mc wrote:
>     I use TB 9.0.1 and want to update to 43.0. The download of 43.0
> wants to install on my C: drive. My current 9.0.1 is installed on my
> E: drive. How do I install 43.0 on E: and retain my settings/mail
> etc.? Do I just install and then transfer my profile? Thanks.

You need to perform what is called "Custom" upgrade.  Just watch the
screen when you are upgrading it as the lettering might not be clear.
Or it might be called "Advanced" and you have the option to change the
drive and folders.

Also, use manual upgrade, i.e. download the full exe file and double
click on it to install it.  Upgrading from version 9 to the latest
version is a big jump so you might have some learning to do to get used
to using TB.

--
With over 500 million devices now running Windows 10, customer

--------------040508090209090003090509

  <head>
  </head>
cite="mid:mailman.1224.1495202684.24901.support-thunderbird@lists.mozilla.org"
      type="cite">    I use TB 9.0.1 and want to update to 43.0. The
      download of 43.0 wants to install on my C: drive. My current 9.0.1
      is installed on my E: drive. How do I install 43.0 on E: and
      retain my settings/mail etc.? Do I just install and then transfer
      my profile? Thanks.
        need to perform what is called "Custom" upgrade.  Just watch the
        screen when you are upgrading it as the lettering might not be
        clear.  Or it might be called "Advanced" and you have the option
        to change the drive and folders.<br>
        Also, use manual upgrade, i.e. download the full exe file and
        double click on it to install it.  Upgrading from version 9 to
        the latest version is a big jump so you might have some learning
        to do to get used to using TB.<br>
          yellow;font-weight: bolder; font-size:150%; text-align:
          center; margin: 30px 5px 30px 5px;">With over 500 million
          devices now running Windows 10, customer satisfaction is
          higher than any previous version of windows.</div>

--------------040508090209090003090509--
0
Good