Unwanted junk mail control

I do NOT want TB to decide about junk mail and I have NOT turned junk
mail controls on for any of my accounts or in security/preferences.
I've checked "When I mark messages as junk, move them to the account's
'junk' folder."  I seem to remember that somewhere there's a setting to
NOT move messages from anyone in my addressbook to the Junk folder, but
I can't find it now.

Nonetheless, every once in a while email from a good friend or relative
with whom I correspond regularly gets automatically deposited in the
Junk folder.  Needless to say, this is maddening.  WTF is happening and
how can I stop it?

I looked through the filters for that account, and the only ones that
might be implemented innocently (subject contains 'clinton', for
instance -- a friend might send me a Hillary joke or something) direct
that the message be deleted rather than moved to the Junk folder.

I just checked the 'enable adaptive junk filter logging' box.  Now
watch, this annoyance will never happen again :-(

--
Cheers, Bev
   "Do not try to solve all life's problems at once -- learn to

On 2018-06-11 12:42, The Real Bev wrote:
> I do NOT want TB to decide about junk mail and I have NOT turned junk
> mail controls on for any of my accounts or in security/preferences. I've
> checked "When I mark messages as junk, move them to the account's 'junk'
> folder."� I seem to remember that somewhere there's a setting to NOT
> move messages from anyone in my addressbook to the Junk folder, but I
> can't find it now.
>
> Nonetheless, every once in a while email from a good friend or relative
> with whom I correspond regularly gets automatically deposited in the
> Junk folder.� Needless to say, this is maddening.� WTF is happening and
> how can I stop it?
>
> I looked through the filters for that account, and the only ones that
> might be implemented innocently (subject contains 'clinton', for
> instance -- a friend might send me a Hillary joke or something) direct
> that the message be deleted rather than moved to the Junk folder.
>
> I just checked the 'enable adaptive junk filter logging' box.� Now
> watch, this annoyance will never happen again :-(

Tools/Preferences -> Account/Local Folders -> Junk Settings -> Do not
automatically mark...
--
Wolf K
kirkwood40.blogspot.com
On 6/11/18 12:42 PM, The Real Bev wrote:
> I do NOT want TB to decide about junk mail and I have NOT turned junk
> mail controls on for any of my accounts or in security/preferences. I've
> checked "When I mark messages as junk, move them to the account's 'junk'
> folder."� I seem to remember that somewhere there's a setting to NOT
> move messages from anyone in my addressbook to the Junk folder, but I
> can't find it now.
>
> Nonetheless, every once in a while email from a good friend or relative
> with whom I correspond regularly gets automatically deposited in the
> Junk folder.� Needless to say, this is maddening.� WTF is happening and
> how can I stop it?
>
> I looked through the filters for that account, and the only ones that
> might be implemented innocently (subject contains 'clinton', for
> instance -- a friend might send me a Hillary joke or something) direct
> that the message be deleted rather than moved to the Junk folder.
>
> I just checked the 'enable adaptive junk filter logging' box.� Now
> watch, this annoyance will never happen again :-(

<https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/thunderbird-and-junk-spam-messages#w_per-account-settings>

<https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/thunderbird-and-junk-spam-messages>

RAM: 8 GiB
Graphics: GeForce GT 630/PCIe/SSE2
OS: Ubuntu Linux 16.04LTS - Unity Desktop
0
WaltS48
6/11/2018 5:52:48 PM
The Real Bev <bashley101+moz@gmail.com> Wrote in message:
> I do NOT want TB to decide about junk mail and I have NOT turned junk
> mail controls on for any of my accounts or in security/preferences.

In fact, it is you who decides what TB considers as a junk what it
 does not.

> Nonetheless, every once in a while email from a good friend or relative
> with whom I correspond regularly gets automatically deposited in the
> Junk folder.  Needless to say, this is maddening.  WTF is happening and
> how can I stop it?

Tell TB not to mark it as junk.It is simple and there is more
 ways how to do it.

http://kb.mozillazine.org/Junk_Mail_Controls

--
Libor Striz

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/
0
Libor
6/11/2018 6:38:49 PM
On 6/11/18 6:42 PM, The Real Bev wrote:
> I do NOT want TB to decide about junk mail and I have NOT turned junk=20
> mail controls on for any of my accounts or in security/preferences. I'v=
e=20
> checked "When I mark messages as junk, move them to the account's 'junk=
'=20
> folder."=A0 I seem to remember that somewhere there's a setting to NOT =

> move messages from anyone in my addressbook to the Junk folder, but I=20
> can't find it now.
>=20
> Nonetheless, every once in a while email from a good friend or relative=
=20
> with whom I correspond regularly gets automatically deposited in the=20
> Junk folder.=A0 Needless to say, this is maddening.=A0 WTF is happening=
 and=20
> how can I stop it?
>=20
> I looked through the filters for that account, and the only ones that=20
> might be implemented innocently (subject contains 'clinton', for=20
> instance -- a friend might send me a Hillary joke or something) direct =

> that the message be deleted rather than moved to the Junk folder.
>=20
> I just checked the 'enable adaptive junk filter logging' box.=A0 Now=20
> watch, this annoyance will never happen again :-(
>=20

You can use your address book as a whitelist.
If you're using IMAP it could be your providers spam filter, you=20
probably can turn that off.

0
dillinger
6/11/2018 7:22:56 PM
On 06/11/2018 10:52 AM, WaltS48 wrote:
> On 6/11/18 12:42 PM, The Real Bev wrote:
>> I do NOT want TB to decide about junk mail and I have NOT turned junk
>> mail controls on for any of my accounts or in security/preferences. I've
>> checked "When I mark messages as junk, move them to the account's 'junk'
>> folder."  I seem to remember that somewhere there's a setting to NOT
>> move messages from anyone in my addressbook to the Junk folder, but I
>> can't find it now.
>>
>> Nonetheless, every once in a while email from a good friend or relative
>> with whom I correspond regularly gets automatically deposited in the
>> Junk folder.  Needless to say, this is maddening.  WTF is happening and
>> how can I stop it?
>>
>> I looked through the filters for that account, and the only ones that
>> might be implemented innocently (subject contains 'clinton', for
>> instance -- a friend might send me a Hillary joke or something) direct
>> that the message be deleted rather than moved to the Junk folder.
>>
>> I just checked the 'enable adaptive junk filter logging' box.  Now
>> watch, this annoyance will never happen again :-(
>
> <https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/thunderbird-and-junk-spam-messages#w_per-account-settings>
>
> <https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/thunderbird-and-junk-spam-messages>

I don't want ANY junk settings.  I tried it for a while and it was more
trouble than it was worth.  I'm willing -- actually prefer --  to handle
ALL my junk mail myself.  Google does a really nice job of weeding out
the junk, rarely making an error.

Still, since you guys bothered to make suggestions, I'll try it again.
No promises, though.

--
Cheers, Bev
    If god had wanted me to bend over he would
The Real Bev <bashley101+moz@gmail.com> Wrote in message:

> I don't want ANY junk settings.  I tried it for a while and it was more
> trouble than it was worth.  I'm willing -- actually prefer --  to handle
> ALL my junk mail myself.  Google does a really nice job of weeding out
> the junk, rarely making an error.

It sounds rather contradictory.

If you want to handle all your junk yourself,
you should do it by TB way
and not the Google way.

You have much stronger influence on TB than on Google,
how they make the junk decision.

It is as simple as a single mouse click to fix eventual incorrect
 junk marking and to make TB to learn from that. Literally.

--
Libor Striz

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/
0
Libor
6/12/2018 8:36:58 AM
On 06/12/2018 01:36 AM, Libor Striz wrote:
> The Real Bev <bashley101+moz@gmail.com> Wrote in message:
>>
>> I don't want ANY junk settings.  I tried it for a while and it was more
>> trouble than it was worth.  I'm willing -- actually prefer --  to handle
>> ALL my junk mail myself.  Google does a really nice job of weeding out
>> the junk, rarely making an error.
>
> It sounds rather contradictory.
>
> If you want to handle all your junk yourself,
> you should do it by TB way
> and not the Google way.

I don't think I have a choice about google controlling junk.  Given the
hundreds of messages that come in to my 'private' account, I'm unwilling
to give that up.  I use my private account only for friends/relatives
and brokers/banks.  SERIOUS shit.  Even so, the address collects spam.

> You have much stronger influence on TB than on Google,
> how they make the junk decision.

Whatever they do is pretty good.   When businesses send email that needs
a reply before opening an account (ALL businesses should do that, but
they don't) those sometimes end up in the Junk bin at google and I have
to go to the gmail site and hunt.  Doesn't happen that often.

> It is as simple as a single mouse click to fix eventual incorrect
>   junk marking and to make TB to learn from that. Literally.

I know.  I'm giving it a try for a while.

--
Cheers, Bev
   "One's chances of winning the lottery are not appreciably