Thunderbird won't open

Thunderbird won't open up for me. I'm using the latest version 31.0 and Windows 7. I've tried opening in Safe Mode but it doesn't work.
0
anthony
8/7/2014 5:24:52 PM
mozilla.support.thunderbird 21694 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

On 8/7/2014 1:24 PM, anthony.m.spinella@gmail.com wrote:
> Thunderbird won't open up for me. I'm using the latest version 31.0 and Windows 7. I've tried opening in Safe Mode but it doesn't work.

So... you launch it, and nothing whatsoever happens?

I've seen rogue processes cause this... check the Task Manager
(CTRL-SHIFT-ESC) and see if you have a rogue thunderbird.exe process -
if so, kill it, and try launching it again.
2
Tanstaafl
8/7/2014 6:25:12 PM
On Thursday, August 7, 2014 2:25:12 PM UTC-4, Tanstaafl wrote:
> On 8/7/2014 1:24 PM, anthony.m.spinella@gmail.com wrote:
>
> > Thunderbird won't open up for me. I'm using the latest version 31.0 and Windows 7. I've tried opening in Safe Mode but it doesn't work.
>

> So... you launch it, and nothing whatsoever happens?
>

> I've seen rogue processes cause this... check the Task Manager
>
> (CTRL-SHIFT-ESC) and see if you have a rogue thunderbird.exe process -
>
> if so, kill it, and try launching it again.

Yup. It won't open. No dialog box saying an error or something like that.

I've just removed any thunderbird.exe process in Task Manager and tried opening it up. It worked! Thanks.

Now I need to solve the link problem...
0
Superluigi6
8/7/2014 6:41:28 PM
On 8/7/14 2:25 PM, Tanstaafl wrote:
> On 8/7/2014 1:24 PM, anthony.m.spinella@gmail.com wrote:
>> Thunderbird won't open up for me. I'm using the latest version 31.0
>> and Windows 7. I've tried opening in Safe Mode but it doesn't work.
>
> So... you launch it, and nothing whatsoever happens?
>
> I've seen rogue processes cause this... check the Task Manager
> (CTRL-SHIFT-ESC) and see if you have a rogue thunderbird.exe process -
> if so, kill it, and try launching it again.

I am seeing something similar in Thunderbird 31 on OS X (10.9.4).  It
would not do the first launch after an install.
0
Paul

Thunderbird won't store passwords, won't quit checking every 10 minutes.
This has happened before with the Mozilla Suite, and I hoped Thunderbird would solve the problem. I have unchecked the box (Tools/Account Settings/) to check mail and have even tried setting it to 120 minutes. It still keeps asking for a password every 10 minutes or so. There are no passwords stored for any POP accounts, only SMTP. -- Sharpening Made Easy: A Primer on Sharpening Knives and Other Edged Tools by Steve Bottorff www.sharpeningmadeeasy.com Remove REMOVE from address when replying Steve B. wrote: > This has happened before with the Mozilla Suite, and I hoped...

2007 version of firefox won't start! & version 2006 of thunderbird won't start
Name: Robert Calhoon Email: rjcalhoonatcomcastdotnet Product: Firefox Summary: 2007 version of firefox won't start! & version 2006 of thunderbird won't start Comments: sip these two go back to earlier version wait till starting gets fixed broke on office machine and home 4 pc's broke too. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.4) Gecko/20070515 Firefox/2.0.0.4 ...

Thunderbird 2.0.0.6 "Search Messages" won't accept input
Name: John Email: LoveLearnatcableonedotnet Product: Thunderbird Summary: Thunderbird 2.0.0.6 "Search Messages" won't accept input - won't work Comments: I've been using Mozilla Mail for more than a decade, dating to early Netscape versions, using the "Search Messages" function regularly. Now, having installed Thunderbird 2.0.0.6, that functionality is suddenly lost. It doesn't display a box into which search strings may be entered, and doesn't appear to offer choice of searching message bodies. This is a huge loss to me. Will reinst...

Thunderbird won't open links
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------010301050108070600000509 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii; format=flowed Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit I am presently running T-Bird 0.3 & F-Bird 0.7 with Win'98 on my old laptop. I recently ran Norton's System Works '01, did a complete system sweep. Unfortunately it swept away the ability to open links in my email, T-Bird is my default setting for mail/news and F-Bird is my default browser. Both Birds worked fine together till the sweep. I can open links in Firebird on a web page; I just can...

Thunderbird links won't open in Firefox
Name: Christopher Mankiewicz Email: mankatroadrunnerdotnet Product: Thunderbird Summary: Thunderbird links won't open in Firefox Comments: What do I do to make all Thunderbird links open in Firefox? I can't believe that you are unaware of this and haven't corrected this terrible flaw. If there is a fix please advise me. If there isn't, let me know too so I can stop losing time hunting for one. Thank you. Christopher Mankiewicz Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.0; en-US; rv:1.8.1.9) Gecko/20071025 Firefox/2.0.0.9 ...

Thunderbird links won't open browser
Thunderbird just quit activating the links in mail messages. The links are underlined and I get the 'pointing finger' when I mouse over them, but clicking does not open a browser. Anyone know how I can fix this? TIA. anti-spam a �crit : > Thunderbird just quit activating the links in mail messages. > > The links are underlined and I get the 'pointing finger' when I mouse > over them, but clicking does not open a browser. > > Anyone know how I can fix this? Add the following lines in file prefs.js (or user.js): user_pref("network....

Firefox won't close after being opened in Thunderbird
Name: Email: atr345attpgdotcomdotau Product: Firefox Summary: Firefox won't close after being opened in Thunderbird Comments: Sometimes lately, when I open a link in an Email (Thunderbird 3.1.4), Firefox (3.6.10) opens the link ok,and it closes. But after I quit Thunderbird and try to open Firefox, I get the message that Firefox is still running (though it does not show when I "Ctrl/Alt/Del"). The only way I can get into Firefox is via a Restart. I have posted this in a forum, but I don't know if it is a bug or not. Cheers. Arthur Browser Details: Mozill...

Emails in Thunderbird won't open in Firefox
I know this has been discussed a few times on various Linux boards, but I've tried those fixes and they don't work. I'm trying to get my links within Thunderbird to open in Firefox. It worked at one time on this same install, and at some point it quit working. I'm not sure when or if anything changed (upgraded to Firefox 3 is all). I go so long without rebooting that I wondered if it was just a memory leak or glitch. But alas, no, a logoff or reboot doesn't help. Just to give you some background info, I have openSUSE 11. I've got Firefox 3.0.4 and Thunderb...

Clicking a link in Thunderbird won't open Firefox
Problem: Regardless of whether there are none or many instances of FF open, nothing happens in response to left-clicking on an email link (or right-clicking and selecting Open Link In Browser). In reviewing Google searches about this problem, this has been an ongoing problem for years, for many revisions of TB and FF. I went through the usual recommendations about checking that TB is the default mail client and various others things, including adjusting the some network.protocol.... settings using the Config Editor. Since my problem just started today, weeks after downloading ...

Thunderbird won't open after installing 1.5
I'm running Winxp SP2. Just installed TB 1.5 and now TB won't open at all. I can see the TB process appear and quickly dissapear in the process list (task mgr). Any help is appreciated. (Before installing TB 1.5 I did NOT uninstall the previous version) thanks in advance. KC Cooper wrote: > I'm running Winxp SP2. Just installed TB 1.5 and now TB won't open at all. > I can see the TB process appear and quickly dissapear in the process list > (task mgr). Any help is appreciated. > > (Before installing TB 1.5 I did NOT uninstall the prev...

Problem: Thunderbird won't open while Firefox is running
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------020202020402060705080501 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1; format=flowed Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Both Firefox and Thunderbird recently updated automatically. Now Thunderbird refuses to open if Firefox is open. The following error message is display when this is attempted: "Thunderbird is already running, but is not responding. To open a new window, you must first close the existing Thunderbird process or restart your system". If Thunderbird is open and I try to open Firefox, the same happe...

URL Links from Thunderbird won't open FF3
Since installing FF3 I cannot get URL links in Thunderbird to open FF3. FF3 is set as default browser. Anyone else found this behaviour? Simon Reeves > schrieb: > Since installing FF3 I cannot get URL links in Thunderbird to open FF3. > FF3 is set as default browser. Anyone else found this behaviour? Yes, me too. I am on Linux (Suse 10.3) and declared FF3 as default browser. I also have a preference in TB that handles http requests. network.protocol-handler.app.http and set to the FF binary (/usr/local/firefox/firefox for FF3 or /usr/local/Firefox2/firefox for FF2). ...

update didn't completely install, now I can't open Thunderbird
Name: dave jones Email: dkj1969_at_gmail.com Product: Thunderbird Summary: update didn't completely install, now I can't open Thunderbird Comments: First of all, I'm not sure this is the correct place to send this. I checked the FAQ and didn't find an answer to my question/problem so here I am. I got a message tonight that there were updates. I told it to go ahead, it was supposedly done. I then tried to open Thunderbird - I get an error message "A previous install did not complete. finishing install. It has been saying that for the past 10 minutes ...

thunderbird 1.5.0.4 won't open at all
I had heard that there was a new version of Thunderbird (and FireFox) (FireFox installed well, no problems) Thunderbird 1.5.0.4 will not open. I get no icon on the desktop. I have a shortcut on my taskbar which would not work. The Program icon in the Folder Programs\Thunderbird \thunderbird.exe does not work. I have reinstalled 1.0 and it works. I have Windows XP I use Norton for protection (but got no warnings...) I had heard there are "vulnerabilities" in Thunderbird that have been corrected by the new version. I would like the new protection - Beth Leanza ...

Firefox 3 won't open a hyperlink in a Thunderbird email
Name: dave Email: daveatblacktowndotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Firefox 3 won't open a hyperlink in a Thunderbird email Comments: Firefox 3 won't open a highlighted link in a Thunderbird email, and after clinking the link firefox itself won't open, though it does appear in the list of windows task manager, where it can be closed, then restarted with the firefox desktop icon. We use profile manager for both programs, and with previous versions of FF clicking on the email link would immediately bring up the FF profile manager, where you would select the FF accoun...

won't close, then won't re-open
Name: Murray Product: Firefox Summary: won't close, then won't re-open Comments: For several weeks MF wouldn't completely close and was constantly running in the background, but then wouldn't reopen. I went online looking for a solution, but you don't have one. So. Bye bye. I'm done with you. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US) AppleWebKit/532.5 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/4.1.249.1064 Safari/532.5 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but ...

Thunderbird won't automatically open attached JPEGs in Windows 7
Name: B Email: P Product: Thunderbird Summary: Thunderbird won't automatically open attached JPEGs in Windows 7 Comments: Thunderbird opened all attached JPEGs in Vista but that feature seems to have disappeared in Windows 7. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.4) Gecko/20091016 Firefox/3.5.4 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729) From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wish to provide one you must BCC (not CC) the sender for them to see it. ...

Thunderbird won't automatically open attached JPEGs in Windows 7 #2
Name: BP Email: briandotphelanatcomcastdotnet Product: Thunderbird Summary: Thunderbird won't automatically open attached JPEGs in Windows 7 Comments: Thunderbird opened all attached JPEGs in Vista but that feature seems to have disappeared in Windows 7. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.4) Gecko/20091016 Firefox/3.5.4 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729) From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wish to provide one you must BCC (not CC) the sender for them to ...

Help - Can't log on to News server - it won't accept account name & password
I am new to Thunderbird have just arrived from Outlook express. I have a problem reading news groups as I cannot log on to my news server. "randori news" - news.randori.com The server will not accept my account name and password which are correct exactly same as in outlook express which does allow a connection. I can connect to this group via the mozilla news server help please Peter Jay Peter J wrote: > I am new to Thunderbird have just arrived from Outlook express. > > I have a problem reading news groups as I cannot log on to my new...

Firefox 2.0.0.16 Upgrade; won't open when clicking on a link in Thunderbird
Name: Richard Email: richsharatgmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Firefox 2.0.0.16 Upgrade; won't open when clicking on a link in Thunderbird Comments: After Firefox installed it's latest upgrade, when I click on a link in Thunderbird, Firefox launches and opens the link but doesn't automatically go to the Firefox window. I have to physically click on the Firefox toolbar in order to see the Webpage. Before this upgrade, anytime I clicked on a link in an email, it would launch Firefox and go to the Firefox window automatically. I tried downloading Firefox 3.0 ...

Firefox won't load, won't open web pages
I've had no trouble with FireFox until recently. Now here is what's happening: Firefox won't load, and won't open web pages. Faulting application firefox.exe, version 1.8.20060.50817, faulting module msctf.dll, version 5.1.2600.2180, fault address 0x000197db. For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp. There is, of course, no help available from Microsoft. _Linda Amar_ spoke thusly on 02/06/2006 8:17 PM: > I've had no trouble with FireFox until recently. Now here is what's > happening: Fire...

Gmail won't load, Reader won't open new tabs
I'm running FF 2.0 on an Intel Mac (10.4.8) with all security and java updates installed. I cannot load into GMail - when I try, the statusbar shows all the data has been transfered and reads done, while the window reads the proper "Gmail - Inbox (x)." I run several Google-related add-ons, including CustomizeGoogle, the Google Toolbar, and GMail skins. I also run NoScript and AdBlock Plus. Google is allowed in the former, and whitelisted in the latter. When I forbid google from running scripts, I can access basic view. This problem *does not happen* in Safari or Shiira - ...

Won't send, won't receive, won't do anything but send me rejection messages!
I keep getting messages such as these: Unable to connect to your IMAP server. You may have exceeded the maximum c= onnections to this server. If so, use the IMAP server settings dialog to re= duce the number of cached connections. Sending of the message failed. The message could not be sent because the connection to Outgoing server (SM= TP) smtp.google.com was lost in the middle of the transaction. Try again. I have used Thunderbird for years, and have really liked it. Sometimes one = of the top of the pages goes up way too high above the top of the screen, s= o there is no way...

Update FUBAR'ed, can't get thunderbird to open
I've never had issues with tbird before... but this is ridiculous. I'm on XP for what it's worth. Last night, my system told me that tbird had downloaded a new update, and needed to install it. I told it to go ahead, and then it told me there was an error, to make sure that I had permissions to update files, close programs, and reopen thunderbird. I clicked okay... and was stuck in this same loop over and over until I tried to kill the process. This morning I dl'ed the newest version, tried to install over the top, no dice. Errors and says that a prior install di...

Web resources about - Thunderbird won't open - mozilla.support.thunderbird

Mozilla Thunderbird
Mozilla Thunderbird is created by a global non-profit dedicated to putting individuals in control and shaping the future of the web for the public ...

Thunderbirds Are Go - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Thunderbirds Are Go is a 1966 British science-fiction film based on Thunderbirds , a 1960s television series starring marionette puppets and ...

Edit - Thunderbird - CrunchBase Product Profile
TechCrunch CrunchBase More TechCrunch Europe TechCrunch France TechCrunch Japan Register - Login or Advanced Search Home > Products > Thunderbird ...

F-16C Thunderbirds Formation - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
USAF Thunderbirds at the 2008 Battle Creek Air Show

Thunderbirds Are Go - Introducing The World - YouTube
The world of Thunderbirds Are Go, Tracy Island, miniature sets and craft have been lovingly made by none other than WETA Workshop - the model ...

Thunderbirds are go: First pictures of TV remake
The first images of the upcoming TV reboot of the iconic series Thunderbirds have been released, recasting the iconic puppets from the 1960s ...

Thunderbirds creator Gerry Anderson dies aged 83
... puppet TV shows Captain Scarlet, Stingray and Joe 90 died in his sleep, his son announces. Gerry Anderson, best known as the creator of Thunderbirds ...

Firebirds hold nerve to hold out Thunderbirds
It was another close shave but Queensland Firebirds coach Roselee Jencke was happy for her side to take a second straight win.

Thunderbirds are go, puppets are gone
Human Thunderbirds? What does this mean, writes James Cockington. - The Age Online

Southerners steal last-gasp draw against Thunderbirds
Southern Steel stole a 53-53 draw in the chaotic final seconds of their trans-Tasman netball league clash against Adelaide Thunderbirds.