Thunderbird will not give option to re-enable all addons and restart after being in addons disabled mode.

Thunderbird will not give option to re-enable all addons and restart
after being in addons disabled mode.

Go to help > and click "restart with addons disabled". Then dialog box
comes up and I select "Disable all addons", and then I click "make
changes and restart". Thunderbird restarts but when I go to help > at
the bottom of the menu it just says "restart with addons disabled",
again, when they are already disabled. So the only thing I can do is to
enable all addons one by one as there is no option under the help menu
to reenable all the addons or restart with the addons enabled.

Here are the details of the installed app.

Name     Thunderbird
Version     54.0b3
Build ID     20170531163242
Update Channel     beta
User Agent     Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.12; rv:54.0)
Gecko/20100101 Thunderbird/54.0
OS     Darwin 16.6.0

I wasn't sure whether to report this issue on bugzilla or
Github.com/mozilla/addons as it does seem to be a problem with
Thunderbird in general, not a particular addon, so thought I'd make a
query here first.

--
Dean Edridge - @deanedridge
dean@dean.kiwi - https://dean.kiwi

On 6/17/2017 6:27 PM, Dean Edridge wrote:
> Thunderbird will not give option to re-enable all addons and restart
> after being in addons disabled mode.
>
> Go to help > and click "restart with addons disabled". Then dialog box
> comes up and I select "Disable all addons", and then I click "make
> changes and restart". Thunderbird restarts but when I go to help > at
> the bottom of the menu it just says "restart with addons disabled",
> again, when they are already disabled. So the only thing I can do is to
> enable all addons one by one as there is no option under the help menu
> to reenable all the addons or restart with the addons enabled.
>
> Here are the details of the installed app.
>
> Name     Thunderbird
> Version     54.0b3
> Build ID     20170531163242
> Update Channel     beta
> User Agent     Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.12; rv:54.0)
> Gecko/20100101 Thunderbird/54.0
> OS     Darwin 16.6.0
>
> I wasn't sure whether to report this issue on bugzilla or
> Github.com/mozilla/addons as it does seem to be a problem with
> Thunderbird in general, not a particular addon, so thought I'd make a
> query here first.

When you select [Help > Restart with Add-ons Disabled], you effectively
terminate Thunderbird and then automatically relaunch it in Safe Mode.
You then get the Thunderbird Safe Mode popup dialogue.

Note that the text just above the checkboxes in the popup dialogue says
"You can make some or all of these changes permanent".  If you select
(put a checkmark in) the checkbox for "Disable all add-ons" and then
select the "Make Changes and Restart" button, you indeed indicate that
you want to keep all your add-ons disabled even after you terminate
Thunderbird and later launch it again.

If you do NOT intend to keep all your add-ons disabled, you should not
check either of the two checkboxes; and you should not select the "Make
Changes and Restart" button.  Instead, you should select the "Continue
in Safe Mode" button.  Then you will TEMPORARILY disable all add-ons:
extensions, plugins, and themes.

--
David E. Ross
<http://www.rossde.com>

Consider:
*  Most state mandate that drivers have liability insurance.
*  Employers are mandated to have worker's compensation insurance.
*  If you live in a flood zone, flood insurance is mandatory.
*  If your home has a mortgage, fire insurance is mandatory.

Why then is mandatory health insurance so bad??
0
David
6/18/2017 2:21:19 AM
On 6/18/17 2:21 PM, David E. Ross wrote:
> On 6/17/2017 6:27 PM, Dean Edridge wrote:
>> Thunderbird will not give option to re-enable all addons and restart
>> after being in addons disabled mode.
>>
>> Go to help > and click "restart with addons disabled". Then dialog box
>> comes up and I select "Disable all addons", and then I click "make
>> changes and restart". Thunderbird restarts but when I go to help > at
>> the bottom of the menu it just says "restart with addons disabled",
>> again, when they are already disabled. So the only thing I can do is to
>> enable all addons one by one as there is no option under the help menu
>> to reenable all the addons or restart with the addons enabled.
>>
>> Here are the details of the installed app.
>>
>> Name     Thunderbird
>> Version     54.0b3
>> Build ID     20170531163242
>> Update Channel     beta
>> User Agent     Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.12; rv:54.0)
>> Gecko/20100101 Thunderbird/54.0
>> OS     Darwin 16.6.0
>>
>> I wasn't sure whether to report this issue on bugzilla or
>> Github.com/mozilla/addons as it does seem to be a problem with
>> Thunderbird in general, not a particular addon, so thought I'd make a
>> query here first.
>>
> When you select [Help > Restart with Add-ons Disabled], you effectively
> terminate Thunderbird and then automatically relaunch it in Safe Mode.
> You then get the Thunderbird Safe Mode popup dialogue.
>
> Note that the text just above the checkboxes in the popup dialogue says
> "You can make some or all of these changes permanent".  If you select
> (put a checkmark in) the checkbox for "Disable all add-ons" and then
> select the "Make Changes and Restart" button, you indeed indicate that
> you want to keep all your add-ons disabled even after you terminate
> Thunderbird and later launch it again.
>
> If you do NOT intend to keep all your add-ons disabled, you should not
> check either of the two checkboxes; and you should not select the "Make
> Changes and Restart" button.  Instead, you should select the "Continue
> in Safe Mode" button.  Then you will TEMPORARILY disable all add-ons:
> extensions, plugins, and themes.

Yes, I see that now, thanks. You are correct. Thanks for that.