Thunderbird keeps marking good mail as spam

Even when I have a message filter in place for the sender. Is there any
good way to fix this?

Thunderbird 52.9.1 on Fedora 28.

Thanks!

Leam
0
Leam

Leam Hall wrote:

> Thunderbird keeps marking good mail as spam
> Even when I have a message filter in place for the sender.
Have you set the filter to run before or after junk classification?

If the filter is set to match multiple conditions, have you set it to
"one of" or "all of" them?
0
Andy
8/1/2018 3:23:27 PM
On 08/01/2018 11:23 AM, Andy Burns wrote:
> Leam Hall wrote:
>
>> Thunderbird keeps marking good mail as spam
>> Even when I have a message filter in place for the sender.
> Have you set the filter to run before or after junk classification?
>
> If the filter is set to match multiple conditions, have you set it to
> "one of" or "all of" them?
Hey Andy, I appreciate any help you can give. I have several mail
filters and they usually work. I do not have any specific Junk
classifier, as far as I know.

For example, a payment service e-mail got tossed into junk a couple of
days ago, yet hundreds of them have been properly put in the right
folder for the past few years.

I did just move to a new desktop and brought my Thunderbird with me.
However, the misfiling has been going on for a while. I had assumed the
old machine did it because the Thunderbird version was pretty old.

Leam
0
Leam
8/1/2018 3:35:15 PM
On 2018-08-01 11:17, Leam Hall wrote:
> Even when I have a message filter in place for the sender. Is there any
> good way to fix this?
>
> Thunderbird 52.9.1 on Fedora 28.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Leam

a) Mark the false spam as "Not Junk". After some number of doing this
the filter will be reset
or
b) Check the filter log, and see which filter was used to for the false
spam mark. Either delet that filter, or fiddle with it till it works
correctly.

Good luck,

--
Wolf K
kirkwood40.blogspot.com
On 08/01/2018 11:35 AM, Leam Hall wrote:
> On 08/01/2018 11:23 AM, Andy Burns wrote:
>> Leam Hall wrote:
>>
>>> Thunderbird keeps marking good mail as spam
>>> Even when I have a message filter in place for the sender.
>> Have you set the filter to run before or after junk classification?
>>
>> If the filter is set to match multiple conditions, have you set it to
>> "one of" or "all of" them?
> Hey Andy, I appreciate any help you can give. I have several mail
> filters and they usually work. I do not have any specific Junk
> classifier, as far as I know.
>
> For example, a payment service e-mail got tossed into junk a couple of
> days ago, yet hundreds of them have been properly put in the right
> folder for the past few years.
>
> I did just move to a new desktop and brought my Thunderbird with me.
> However, the misfiling has been going on for a while. I had assumed the
> old machine did it because the Thunderbird version was pretty old.
>
> Leam
Stupid question but do you have the senders email address in your
address book.   That seems to be the first suggestion by most websites.
I have an entire address book called "subscriptions" that is all the web
pages, email senders, subscribed newsleters etc.   Seems to work pretty
good for me.   Between that and just marking "not junk" which trains the
junk filter.

Al
0
Big
8/1/2018 3:54:04 PM
Leam Hall wrote:

> I have several mail
> filters and they usually work. I do not have any specific Junk
> classifier, as far as I know.

The junk classifier is part of TB, for each message filter you create,
you can tell it to run before or after junk, so for a whitelist you
ought to set it as 'before'
0
Andy
8/1/2018 5:08:19 PM
On 08/01/2018 01:08 PM, Andy Burns wrote:
> Leam Hall wrote:
>
>> I have several mail filters and they usually work. I do not have any
>> specific Junk classifier, as far as I know.
>
> The junk classifier is part of TB, for each message filter you create,
> you can tell it to run before or after junk, so for a whitelist you
> ought to set it as 'before'

So, here's a funny. This message got put into Junk. The filter is set to
"Filter before Junk Classification", the domain is in the "Match any of
the following" list for "From, To, CC, or BCC". From the log:

[08/01/2018 01:34:46 PM] Applied filter "Dive" to message from Mark's
Daily Apple <mark@marksdailyapple.com> - Diet For Menopause | Mark's
Daily Apple at 08/01/2018 01:32:30 PM moved message id =
lh5PnbOfSuuixgImHlPFsA@ismtpd0050p1mdw1.sendgrid.net to
mailbox://leamhall@pop.gmail.com/Inbox/Focus/Dive
0
Leam