Thunderbird is not responding

I have tried re-installing Thunderbird on Win10 laptop but I can't do anyth=
ing with the program as it freezes pretty much on starting. I wonder if my =
Inbox is too large or is corrupted or fragmented. Also wonder if there is s=
ome problem with my mail server because it downloaded almost one thousand r=
ead messages but is not downloading new messages. Help!
Thanks,
Richard
0
rbuist
1/3/2018 3:26:48 AM
mozilla.support.thunderbird 22299 articles. 2 followers. Post Follow

On 1/2/2018 at 10:26 PM, rbuist@mts.net created this epitome of digital
genius:
> I have tried re-installing Thunderbird on Win10 laptop but I can't do anything with the program as it freezes pretty much on starting. I wonder if my Inbox is too large or is corrupted or fragmented. Also wonder if there is some problem with my mail server because it downloaded almost one thousand read messages but is not downloading new messages. Help!
> Thanks,
> Richard

How large is your Inbox?

Have you compacted folders?

As for your mail server we'd need more info.  Have you changed any
account/server settings?

--
Ed Mullen
http://edmullen.net/