Thunderbird dont connect to server

I have Xp and TB 2.0016. When I start TB, I get error msg "Coud't connect to
server "server name" Conection prevented" (I have FI -version, so I dont
know how this error msg is in english).

I have uninstalled/install TB many times, use CCleaner and deleted all TB' s
folder. And error msg appears every time I start TB.

Ealier TB works well. And all settings and isp is correct. (And this is not
Firewall problem)

What can I do now? I search older TB versions to install first and to see if
TB works, but there are only the new version to load. (I have the same
problem whit Firefox, and when I installed new version, it beging to work.
Both programs ended working in same day.)

-lt-

0
joku

  On 8/13/2008 joku.muu said
> (And this is not
> Firewall problem)

How do you know it is not a firewall problem?  It sure sounds like one
to me!  Remove all references to TB from your firewall and try TB 2.0016
again.  Does your firewall ask for permission?  If so, allow it.
--
Irwin

Irwin

Thunderbird to Thunderbird
Our laptop went bad but hard drive is good and have accessed it. How do I transfer the email etc. from the old laptop to a desktop computer with a fresh install of thunderbird? Thank you! zparky wrote: > Our laptop went bad but hard drive is good and have accessed it. How do > I transfer the email etc. from the old laptop to a desktop computer with > a fresh install of thunderbird? > Thank you! Find your profile folder on the old drive. (This will help you find it: http://kb.mozillazine.org/Profile_folder_-_Thunderbird Use the instructions for Vista if you are...

Thunderbird and Thunderbird portable
Hi I use thunderbird on my home computer but travel to other friends and family and would like to use thunderbird portable Pleas can someone give an idiot proff step by step on how to transfer my account settings etc to my U3 usb Thanks On 4/23/2009 10:16 AM, user@domain.invalid wrote: > Hi I use thunderbird on my home computer but travel to other friends and > family and would like to use thunderbird portable Pleas can someone give > an idiot proff step by step on how to transfer my account settings etc > to my U3 usb > > Thanks See: http://kb.mozillazin...

Thunderbird To Thunderbird #2
Just downloaded and set up Thunderbird on my PC laptop. I transferred my contacts from Opera to Thunderbird. I set up a bunch of eMail Accounts. I put fresh install on my desktop PC. I see how to get the contacts from the laptop to the desktop. How do I get the eMail account setup from the laptop to the desktop. I do not see any export / import for that. Is there a file to copy over? Some utility to maintain the Accounts? On 06/20/2013 10:56 PM, OldGuy wrote: > Just downloaded and set up Thunderbird on my PC laptop. > I transferred my contacts from Opera to Thunder...

Thunderbird
Hi all, I have a thunderbird install on a pc, I want to transfer all the emails on a new pc, how do I go about it? Thanks Anastassios On 17.10.2007 08:01 UK Time, Anastassios Giannaras wrote: > Hi all, > > I have a thunderbird install on a pc, I want to transfer all the emails > on a new pc, how do I go about it? No need to import - simply move/copy your whole mail folder to the new PC and tell TB where to find it. Please ask again if you need more detailed instructions (or someone else will probably provide them anyway). -- Herbert Eppel www.HETr...

thunderbird cannot connect to SMTP server
Hi Since yesterday my thunderbird client is unable to connect to the SMTP server ... The mozilla mail client is able to perform the operation without problem on the _same_ machine. Any idea ? windows XP SP2 Frank wrote: > Hi > > Since yesterday my thunderbird client is unable to connect to the SMTP > server ... The mozilla mail client is able to perform the operation > without problem on the _same_ machine. Any idea ? > windows XP SP2 Ith has someting to do with security in SP2 Mario wrote: > Frank wrote: > >> Hi >> >> Sin...

Is there any plan to support MS Exchange Server in Thunderbird?
Hi, All, Is there any plan to support MS Exchange server in Thunderbird? I saw some codes in mailnews/mapi. Are they related to this? Thanks Brian On 2/11/09 11:29 PM, Brian.Lu@Sun.COM wrote: > Hi, All, > > Is there any plan to support MS Exchange server in Thunderbird? Not as part of the core, no. The LookOut extension has functionality for handling TNEF attachments, though. There is also code in the tree that contains basic, unfinished support for talking to the Outlook addressbook. Since it's not exposed to the UI and not really maintained, it ...

Thunderbird 0.5 :: Failed to connect to server
Greetings, I have 2 email accounts defined (Personal and Work). Whenever I start Thunderbird, it launches my DUN connectoid to connect me to the Net. So far so good. While the modem dials, Thunderbird's status bar displays "resolving host mail.Work.com" However, as soon as the connection is established, I get a message saying "failed to connect to mail.Personal.com". I click OK and then the email from the Work account get downloaded fine. For the Personal account, I have to manually check it at that time. I hope I'm making sense... I just want to ...

How Do I prevent thunderbird from CONSTANTLY auto-connecting to news server
How Do I prevent thunderbird from CONSTANTLY auto connecting to news server to download. If i so much as open a news server folder, off it goes, I hit stop. Open one of the news groups off it goes again, hit stop, select a different one, off it goes again, like a petulant child at the sweet counter, it's very very annoying. I can set request server authentication before connect, but it still bloody tries to connect and then when it has pops up a window, even more annoying... why cant programmers accept computer are NOT intelligent and stop all this auto-this and auto-other c...

Support for Thunderbird
Name: Ron Giddens Email: monron9attalktalkdotnet Product: Thunderbird Summary: Support for Thunderbird Comments: I have recently changed to broadband supplied by the Carphone Warehouse (don't be fooled by the name - they are very big firm with many products) called Talktalk. I am having difficulty both sending and receiving e-mails and am told by their helpline (which I suspect is based in India) that they do not support Thunderbird. Could you approach them to see if they can develop a support programme as I suspect this affects a lot of British users? Browser Deta...

Thunderbird Windows to Thunderbird Linux
I have a dual boot system set-up with Windows XP and Fedora Core 2. I use Thunderbird on both platforms; how can I easily import my mail and mail settings (filters, accounts, etc) from Windows XP Thunderbird to Fedora Core 2 Thunderbird?? I have all of my Windows partitions mounted in Fedora, so accessing the Thunderbird settings directory isn't a problem. I'm currently running TB 1.0RC1 on Win XP and TB 0.9 on FC2. Thanks in advance! Richard York wrote: > I have a dual boot system set-up with Windows XP and Fedora Core 2. I > use Thunderbird on both platfor...

How to transfer messages from Thunderbird to Thunderbird
This should be so easy but I cannot seem to find the answer. I have moved from one computer to another (both WinXP) and want to export/import the Tbird messages from the first computer to Tbird on the second. They are not networked, so it will have to be done via a thumb drive. I'd appreciate assistance -- thanks in advance. Lindsay Graham Canberra, Australia h The date and time was Wednesday, March 25, 2009 6:50:13 AM, and on a whim, Lindsay Graham pounded out on the keyboard: > > > > > This should be s...

merge/import from thunderbird into thunderbird
hi all, i'm unable to import and merge several different 'Inbox' files, the only solution I can find is to setup fake accounts and copy the file onto their subdirs... any better solutions? I'm running thunderbird 0.5 (20040902) on bsd. -- sincerely, fondula di carceri fondula di carceri wrote: > hi all, > i'm unable to import and merge several different 'Inbox' files, the only > solution I can find is to setup fake accounts and copy the file onto > their subdirs... any better solutions? I'm running thunderbird 0.5 > (20040...

thunderbird portible and thunderbird desktop.
Hi, How can I sync my emails between thunderbird portable and the desktop version? thanks -- Daniel Dalton http://members.iinet.net.au/~ddalton/ daniel.dalton47@gmail.com Daniel Dalton wrote: > Hi, > > How can I sync my emails between thunderbird portable and the desktop > version? > thanks > with TB Port, it keeps its profile with the program. If you install it to a thumb drive [or whatever], then the profile is also located there. In other words, the profile is fixed and you can't change that. With TB desktop, the profile can be any...

Migrating settings from Thunderbird to Thunderbird
I have a new computer and I would like to move my account settings from Thunderbird on the old computer to Thunderbird on the new computer. Is there anyway to do this? The email is stored on the IMAP server, so doesn't have to be moved. But I have my account set up just how I like it, and I don't want to have to transfer all of those settings all over again. Thanks for your assistance! On 07/30/05 14:54, Evan wrote: > I have a new computer and I would like to move my account settings from > Thunderbird on the old computer to Thunderbird on the new computer. Is &g...

Web resources about - Thunderbird dont connect to server - mozilla.support.thunderbird

Mozilla Thunderbird
Mozilla Thunderbird is created by a global non-profit dedicated to putting individuals in control and shaping the future of the web for the public ...

Mozilla Thunderbird - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
open source , cross-platform email and news client developed by the Mozilla Foundation . The project strategy is modeled after Mozilla Firefox ...

Edit Logo - Thunderbird - CrunchBase Product Profile
TechCrunch CrunchBase More TechCrunch Europe TechCrunch France TechCrunch Japan Register - Login or Advanced Search Home > Products > Thunderbird ...

bixi-bicycle-20120208-thunderbird-toronto-workweek-010.jpg - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Explore roland's photos on Flickr. roland has uploaded 143376 photos to Flickr.

Thunderbirds Are Go - Introducing The World - YouTube
The world of Thunderbirds Are Go, Tracy Island, miniature sets and craft have been lovingly made by none other than WETA Workshop - the model ...

Thunderbirds are go: First pictures of TV remake
The first images of the upcoming TV reboot of the iconic series Thunderbirds have been released, recasting the iconic puppets from the 1960s ...

Thunderbirds creator Gerry Anderson dies aged 83
... puppet TV shows Captain Scarlet, Stingray and Joe 90 died in his sleep, his son announces. Gerry Anderson, best known as the creator of Thunderbirds ...

Firebirds hold nerve to hold out Thunderbirds
It was another close shave but Queensland Firebirds coach Roselee Jencke was happy for her side to take a second straight win.

Melbourne Cup: Thunderbird One - the last of the dreamers
Francis Finnegan admits it's a bit of a worry that Thunderbird One, the horse he and wife Samantha took on as a baby and love to bits, has been ...

Southerners steal last-gasp draw against Thunderbirds
Southern Steel stole a 53-53 draw in the chaotic final seconds of their trans-Tasman netball league clash against Adelaide Thunderbirds.