Thunderbird 1.5 Feature Question

Quick question, does TB 1.5 have the ability to automatically strip
attachments and save them to an external folder?

I can do this manually in TB 1.0.7, but I would rather have it done
automatically.  One reason is for convenience.  The second is so that any
anti-virus does not have any reason to have to clean (and potentially
corrupt) my email messages.

TIA,

mikkl
0
mikkl
1/12/2006 12:39:33 PM
mozilla.support.thunderbird 21694 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

_mikkl_ spoke thusly on 12/01/2006 7:39 AM:
> Quick question, does TB 1.5 have the ability to automatically strip
> attachments and save them to an external folder?
>
> I can do this manually in TB 1.0.7, but I would rather have it done
> automatically.  One reason is for convenience.  The second is so that any
> anti-virus does not have any reason to have to clean (and potentially
> corrupt) my email messages.

If by "automatically", you mean using a message filter, then the answer
is no.
--
Chris Ilias - Mozilla Champion
Mozilla Help <http://mozillahelp.com>
Chris Ilias wrote in news:HICdnQwV9Pp_QlvenZ2dnUVZ_smdnZ2d@mozilla.org:

> If by "automatically", you mean using a message filter, then the answer
> is no.

What I mean is that as a message comes into the mailbox, the attachments
are removed from the message and stored in a seperate location.

Thanks,

mikkl
0
mikkl