Thread sorting options

Hello,
  TB v52.6.0

  TB appears to sort mail threads without considering the subject field.
In the case of a few forum posts which do not bother with the References
or In-Reply-To header entries, the messages are not sorted into threads.
  Of course I could change the message pane sort order by
Menu::View::Sort_by::<sort option>. I prefer mail sorted by date; The
Sort By feature does not allow multiple sort options, only one.
  Is there some option in preferences that would allow thread sort that
includes the Subject?

--
James Moe
jmm-list at sohnen-moe dot com

On 03/12/2018 11:04 AM, James Moe wrote:

>   Is there some option in preferences that would allow thread sort that
> includes the Subject?

  Got it.
  It is one (or more) of:
- mail.strict_threading
- mail.thread_without_re
- mailnews.sort_threads_by_root

  I am too lazy to spend the time to discover which one got the thread
sort the way I want it.