Theme font and size changer

Before I hop over to the developer's page, has anyone else just have
this extension go away in their Thunderbird

Reinstalling does nothing, it doesn't eve show up in the Extensions list.

--
Ken
Mac OS X 10.11.6

On 9/12/16 4:01 PM, Ken Springer wrote:
> Before I hop over to the developer's page, has anyone else just have
> this extension go away in their Thunderbird
>
> Reinstalling does nothing, it doesn't eve show up in the Extensions list.

It's now showing in the Extensions list as installed

--
Ken
Mac OS X 10.11.6
On 9/12/2016 6:01 PM, Ken Springer wrote:
> Before I hop over to the developer's page, has anyone else just have
> this extension go away in their Thunderbird
>
> Reinstalling does nothing, it doesn't eve show up in the Extensions list.

In both Thunderbird and Firefox the Theme & Font Size Changer icon has
disappeared.  In both programs the extension is showing as active in the
extension list.
Dave Pyles
0
Dave
--------------7D357E9B14D8F95F3961ED77

Dave Pyles wrote on 9/12/2016 6:18 PM:
> On 9/12/2016 6:01 PM, Ken Springer wrote:
> > Before I hop over to the developer's page, has anyone else just have
> > this extension go away in their Thunderbird
> >
> > Reinstalling does nothing, it doesn't eve show up in the Extensions list.
> >

> In both Thunderbird and Firefox the Theme & Font Size Changer icon has
> disappeared.  In both programs the extension is showing as active in the
> extension list.
> Dave Pyles
You are correct, the icon has disappeared... didn't notice until after I
responded a few minutes ago, to Ken Springer's post.

--------------7D357E9B14D8F95F3961ED77

  <head>
      http-equiv="Content-Type">
  </head>
      type="cite">
      <pre wrap="">On 9/12/2016 6:01 PM, Ken Springer wrote:
&gt; Before I hop over to the developer's page, has anyone else just have
&gt; this extension go away in their Thunderbird
&gt;
&gt; Reinstalling does nothing, it doesn't eve show up in the Extensions list.
&gt;
&gt;
In both Thunderbird and Firefox the Theme &amp; Font Size Changer icon has
disappeared.  In both programs the extension is showing as active in the
extension list.
Dave Pyles</pre>
    You are correct, the icon has disappeared... didn't notice until
    after I responded a few minutes ago, to Ken Springer's post.<br>

--------------7D357E9B14D8F95F3961ED77--
0
Al
9/12/2016 10:31:36 PM
On 9/12/2016 3:01 PM, Ken Springer wrote:
> Before I hop over to the developer's page, has anyone else just have
> this extension go away in their Thunderbird
>
> Reinstalling does nothing, it doesn't eve show up in the Extensions list.

YES!!  I had that today with version 48.4.  It disappeared after
increaing my font sizes even larger than I had set them.

And when I used Add-ons Manager to remove the extension, I got a series
of error popups.  Furthermore, reverting to version 48.3 was affected
the same way.  I was able to get the capability by reverting to version
48.1.

And, yes, I submitted a feedback on the extension's Web site about this.

--
Donald Trump claims everyone likes him.  Does that
include his ex-wives?  How about the students who
On 9/12/16 6:23 PM, David E. Ross wrote:
> On 9/12/2016 3:01 PM, Ken Springer wrote:
>> Before I hop over to the developer's page, has anyone else just have
>> this extension go away in their Thunderbird
>>
>> Reinstalling does nothing, it doesn't eve show up in the Extensions list.
>>

> YES!!  I had that today with version 48.4.  It disappeared after
> increaing my font sizes even larger than I had set them.
>
> And when I used Add-ons Manager to remove the extension, I got a series
> of error popups.  Furthermore, reverting to version 48.3 was affected
> the same way.  I was able to get the capability by reverting to version
> 48.1.
>
> And, yes, I submitted a feedback on the extension's Web site about this.

Where did you find 48.1, David?

--
Ken
Mac OS X 10.11.6
On 09/12/2016 09:28 PM, Ken Springer wrote:
> On 9/12/16 6:23 PM, David E. Ross wrote:
>> On 9/12/2016 3:01 PM, Ken Springer wrote:
>>> Before I hop over to the developer's page, has anyone else just have
>>> this extension go away in their Thunderbird
>>>
>>> Reinstalling does nothing, it doesn't eve show up in the Extensions
>>> list.
>>>

>> YES!!  I had that today with version 48.4.  It disappeared after
>> increaing my font sizes even larger than I had set them.
>>
>> And when I used Add-ons Manager to remove the extension, I got a series
>> of error popups.  Furthermore, reverting to version 48.3 was affected
>> the same way.  I was able to get the capability by reverting to version
>> 48.1.
>>
>> And, yes, I submitted a feedback on the extension's Web site about this.
>
> Where did you find 48.1, David?

Or a 48.4? Not even a 45.4.0 out yet is there?

Ubuntu 16.04.1 LTS

0
WaltS48
9/13/2016 2:52:23 AM
On 9/12/2016 7:52 PM, WaltS48 wrote:
> On 09/12/2016 09:28 PM, Ken Springer wrote:

>>> YES!!  I had that today with version 48.4.  It disappeared after
>>> increaing my font sizes even larger than I had set them.
>>>
>>> And when I used Add-ons Manager to remove the extension, I got a series
>>> of error popups.  Furthermore, reverting to version 48.3 was affected
>>> the same way.  I was able to get the capability by reverting to version
>>> 48.1.
>>>
>>> And, yes, I submitted a feedback on the extension's Web site about this.
>>
>> Where did you find 48.1, David?
>>

> Or a 48.4? Not even a 45.4.0 out yet is there?

48.1 and 48.4 are versions of the Theme Font & Size Changer extension,
not versions of Thunderbird.  According to the extension's Web page at
addons.mozilla.org, version 48.4 was released on 8 September 2016.

I found version 48.1 on the flash drive where I archive all software
that I install on my PC.

--
Donald Trump claims everyone likes him.  Does that
include his ex-wives?  How about the students who
discovered that their education at Trump University
was worthless?  And how about the contractors,
suppliers, and employees he stiffed in his several
bankruptcies?
0
David
9/13/2016 4:40:40 AM
In article
<mailman.3160.1473718757.18164.support-thunderbird@lists.mozilla.org>,
   Dave Pyles <dnpyles@user.invalid> wrote:
> On 9/12/2016 6:01 PM, Ken Springer wrote:
> > Before I hop over to the developer's page, has anyone else just have
> > this extension go away in their Thunderbird
> >
> > Reinstalling does nothing, it doesn't eve show up in the Extensions
> > list.
> >

> In both Thunderbird and Firefox the Theme & Font Size Changer icon has
> disappeared.  In both programs the extension is showing as active in the
> extension list.
> Dave Pyles

Strange business, having just looked closer, I see my T&FSC icon has
indeed gone missing.

Any ideas where it might have gone, and particularly who or what nicked
(Stole) it?

Dave

--

Dave Triffid
0
On 12-Sep-2016 9:28 PM, Ken Springer wrote:
> On 9/12/16 6:23 PM, David E. Ross wrote:
>> On 9/12/2016 3:01 PM, Ken Springer wrote:
>>> Before I hop over to the developer's page, has anyone else just have
>>> this extension go away in their Thunderbird
>>>
>>> Reinstalling does nothing, it doesn't eve show up in the Extensions
>>> list.
>>>

>> YES!!  I had that today with version 48.4.  It disappeared after
>> increaing my font sizes even larger than I had set them.
>>
>> And when I used Add-ons Manager to remove the extension, I got a series
>> of error popups.  Furthermore, reverting to version 48.3 was affected
>> the same way.  I was able to get the capability by reverting to version
>> 48.1.
>>
>> And, yes, I submitted a feedback on the extension's Web site about this.
>
> Where did you find 48.1, David?

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/thunderbird/addon/theme-font-size-changer/versions/?page=1#version-48.1
0
Delrio
9/13/2016 1:01:54 PM
On 12-Sep-2016 6:01 PM, Ken Springer wrote:
> Before I hop over to the developer's page, has anyone else just have
> this extension go away in their Thunderbird
>
> Reinstalling does nothing, it doesn't eve show up in the Extensions list.

New version 48.5 is out and working fine.
0
Delrio
9/13/2016 1:54:04 PM
On 2016-09-12 18:01, Ken Springer wrote:
> Before I hop over to the developer's page, has anyone else just have
> this extension go away in their Thunderbird
>
> Reinstalling does nothing, it doesn't eve show up in the Extensions list.

It disappeared, but reappeared when I uninstalled it and reinstalled it.

In article
<mailman.3191.1473775085.18165.support-thunderbird@lists.mozilla.org>,
   Delrio <Delrio@invalid.invalid> wrote:
> On 12-Sep-2016 6:01 PM, Ken Springer wrote:
> > Before I hop over to the developer's page, has anyone else just have
> > this extension go away in their Thunderbird
> >
> > Reinstalling does nothing, it doesn't eve show up in the Extensions
> > list.
> >

> New version 48.5 is out and working fine.

Damnably weird, here, update the extension to 48.5 and suddenly the icon
re-appeared.

Dave

--

Dave Triffid
0

Dave Symes wrote on 9/13/2016 12:56 PM:
> In article
> <mailman.3191.1473775085.18165.support-thunderbird@lists.mozilla.org>,
>     Delrio <Delrio@invalid.invalid> wrote:
> > On 12-Sep-2016 6:01 PM, Ken Springer wrote:
> > > Before I hop over to the developer's page, has anyone else just have
> > > this extension go away in their Thunderbird
> > >
> > > Reinstalling does nothing, it doesn't eve show up in the Extensions
> > > list.
> > >

> > New version 48.5 is out and working fine.
>
> Damnably weird, here, update the extension to 48.5 and suddenly the icon
> re-appeared.

Very wierd indeed..
Installing 48.5 now shows the app in the tools menu but no icon on the
bottom line of the TB screen

--------------549691D7DC175B8AB39EB4D5

  <head>
      http-equiv="Content-Type">
  </head>
      <pre wrap="">In article
<a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E" href="mailto:mailman.3191.1473775085.18165.support-thunderbird@lists.mozilla.org">&lt;mailman.3191.1473775085.18165.support-thunderbird@lists.mozilla.org&gt;</a>,
   Delrio <a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E" href="mailto:Delrio@invalid.invalid">&lt;Delrio@invalid.invalid&gt;</a> wrote:
&gt; On 12-Sep-2016 6:01 PM, Ken Springer wrote:
&gt; &gt; Before I hop over to the developer's page, has anyone else just have
&gt; &gt; this extension go away in their Thunderbird
&gt; &gt;
&gt; &gt; Reinstalling does nothing, it doesn't eve show up in the Extensions
&gt; &gt; list.
&gt; &gt;
&gt; &gt;

&gt; New version 48.5 is out and working fine.

Damnably weird, here, update the extension to 48.5 and suddenly the icon
re-appeared.

</pre>
    Very wierd indeed..<br>
    Installing 48.5 now shows the app in the tools menu but no icon on
    the bottom line of the TB screen<br>

--------------549691D7DC175B8AB39EB4D5--
0
Al
9/13/2016 6:52:59 PM
On 9/13/2016 2:52 PM, Al Lawrence wrote:

> Dave Symes wrote on 9/13/2016 12:56 PM:
>> In article
>> <mailman.3191.1473775085.18165.support-thunderbird@lists.mozilla.org>,
>>    Delrio <Delrio@invalid.invalid> wrote:

>> > New version 48.5 is out and working fine.
>>
>> Damnably weird, here, update the extension to 48.5 and suddenly the icon
>> re-appeared.
>>
> Very wierd indeed..
> Installing 48.5 now shows the app in the tools menu but no icon on the
> bottom line of the TB screen
Look on the right-hand side of the Mail Toolbar at the top of the window.
Dave Pyles
0
Dave
--------------A8E96CF926210674882447F1

Dave Pyles wrote on 9/13/2016 3:46 PM:
> On 9/13/2016 2:52 PM, Al Lawrence wrote:
> >

> > Dave Symes wrote on 9/13/2016 12:56 PM:
> >> In article
> >> <mailman.3191.1473775085.18165.support-thunderbird@lists.mozilla.org>,

> >> Damnably weird, here, update the extension to 48.5 and suddenly the icon
> >> re-appeared.
> >>
> > Very wierd indeed..
> > Installing 48.5 now shows the app in the tools menu but no icon on the
> > bottom line of the TB screen
> Look on the right-hand side of the Mail Toolbar at the top of the window.
> Dave Pyles

No indication on the right-hand side.. I use the Walnut theme and
installed the default theme and no indication

--------------A8E96CF926210674882447F1

  <head>
      http-equiv="Content-Type">
  </head>
      type="cite">
      <pre wrap="">On 9/13/2016 2:52 PM, Al Lawrence wrote:
&gt;
&gt;
&gt; Dave Symes wrote on 9/13/2016 12:56 PM:
&gt;&gt; In article
&gt;&gt; <a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E" href="mailto:mailman.3191.1473775085.18165.support-thunderbird@lists.mozilla.org">&lt;mailman.3191.1473775085.18165.support-thunderbird@lists.mozilla.org&gt;</a>,
&gt;&gt;    Delrio <a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E" href="mailto:Delrio@invalid.invalid">&lt;Delrio@invalid.invalid&gt;</a> wrote:
&gt;&gt; &gt; On 12-Sep-2016 6:01 PM, Ken Springer wrote:
&gt;&gt; &gt; &gt; Before I hop over to the developer's page, has anyone else just have
&gt;&gt; &gt; &gt; this extension go away in their Thunderbird
&gt;&gt; &gt; &gt;
&gt;&gt; &gt; &gt; Reinstalling does nothing, it doesn't eve show up in the Extensions
&gt;&gt; &gt; &gt; list.
&gt;&gt; &gt; &gt;
&gt;&gt; &gt; &gt;
&gt;&gt;
&gt;&gt; &gt; New version 48.5 is out and working fine.
&gt;&gt;
&gt;&gt; Damnably weird, here, update the extension to 48.5 and suddenly the icon
&gt;&gt; re-appeared.
&gt;&gt;
&gt; Very wierd indeed..
&gt; Installing 48.5 now shows the app in the tools menu but no icon on the
&gt; bottom line of the TB screen
Look on the right-hand side of the Mail Toolbar at the top of the window.
Dave Pyles

</pre>
    No indication on the right-hand side.. I use the Walnut theme and
    installed the default theme and no indication<br>

--------------A8E96CF926210674882447F1--
0
Al
9/13/2016 7:57:14 PM
On 9/13/16 7:01 AM, Delrio wrote:
> On 12-Sep-2016 9:28 PM, Ken Springer wrote:

>>> YES!!  I had that today with version 48.4.  It disappeared after
>>> increaing my font sizes even larger than I had set them.
>>>
>>> And when I used Add-ons Manager to remove the extension, I got a series
>>> of error popups.  Furthermore, reverting to version 48.3 was affected
>>> the same way.  I was able to get the capability by reverting to version
>>> 48.1.
>>>
>>> And, yes, I submitted a feedback on the extension's Web site about this.
>>
>> Where did you find 48.1, David?
>>

> https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/thunderbird/addon/theme-font-size-changer/versions/?page=1#version-48.1

Thank you, thank you, thank you, Delrio.  It's installed and working.
I've turned the updates off, and when I have the time to work with it,
I'll upgrade to the latest version.

--
Ken
Mac OS X 10.11.6
On 13-Sep-2016 4:56 PM, Ken Springer wrote:
> On 9/13/16 7:01 AM, Delrio wrote:

>>> Where did you find 48.1, David?
>>>

>> https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/thunderbird/addon/theme-font-size-changer/versions/?page=1#version-48.1
>>

> Thank you, thank you, thank you, Delrio.  It's installed and working.
> I've turned the updates off, and when I have the time to work with it,
> I'll upgrade to the latest version.

YW
The latest version 48.5 is working fine.
0
Delrio
9/13/2016 9:05:48 PM
On 9/13/2016 3:57 PM, Al Lawrence wrote:

> Dave Pyles wrote on 9/13/2016 3:46 PM:

>> > Very wierd indeed..
>> > Installing 48.5 now shows the app in the tools menu but no icon on the
>> > bottom line of the TB screen
>> Look on the right-hand side of the Mail Toolbar at the top of the window.
>> Dave Pyles
>>
> No indication on the right-hand side.. I use the Walnut theme and
> installed the default theme and no indication
I just let the extension install itself and didn't see the icon.  Once I
uninstalled the defective version and installed the new one, that's
where it put the icon.  The Walnut theme is one that is listed as having
compatibility issues at http://barisderin.com/?p=286 (The author's web
site.)

Dave Pyles
0
Dave
--------------0A3DDD7F35EFC11C8F5DEE70

Dave Pyles wrote on 9/13/2016 5:42 PM:
> On 9/13/2016 3:57 PM, Al Lawrence wrote:
> >

> > Dave Pyles wrote on 9/13/2016 3:46 PM:

> >> Look on the right-hand side of the Mail Toolbar at the top of the window.
> >> Dave Pyles
> >>
> > No indication on the right-hand side.. I use the Walnut theme and
> > installed the default theme and no indication
> I just let the extension install itself and didn't see the icon.  Once I
> uninstalled the defective version and installed the new one, that's
> where it put the icon.  The Walnut theme is one that is listed as having
> compatibility issues at http://barisderin.com/?p=286 (The author's web
> site.)
>

> I appreciate the response. Since I also tried it with the default
> theme and it too did not display the icon, I will leave things as
> threy are since the font, et al is just fine and the icon is
> irrelavant, at least to me.
We will see how things go in the future

--------------0A3DDD7F35EFC11C8F5DEE70

  <head>
      http-equiv="Content-Type">
  </head>
      type="cite">
      <pre wrap="">On 9/13/2016 3:57 PM, Al Lawrence wrote:
&gt;
&gt;
&gt; Dave Pyles wrote on 9/13/2016 3:46 PM:
&gt;&gt; On 9/13/2016 2:52 PM, Al Lawrence wrote:
&gt;&gt; &gt;
&gt;&gt; &gt;
&gt;&gt; &gt; Dave Symes wrote on 9/13/2016 12:56 PM:
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; In article
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; <a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E" href="mailto:mailman.3191.1473775085.18165.support-thunderbird@lists.mozilla.org">&lt;mailman.3191.1473775085.18165.support-thunderbird@lists.mozilla.org&gt;</a>,
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt;    Delrio <a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E" href="mailto:Delrio@invalid.invalid">&lt;Delrio@invalid.invalid&gt;</a> wrote:
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt; On 12-Sep-2016 6:01 PM, Ken Springer wrote:
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt; &gt; Before I hop over to the developer's page, has anyone else just have
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt; &gt; this extension go away in their Thunderbird
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt; &gt;
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt; &gt; Reinstalling does nothing, it doesn't eve show up in the Extensions
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt; &gt; list.
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt; &gt;
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt; &gt;
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt;
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt; New version 48.5 is out and working fine.
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt;
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; Damnably weird, here, update the extension to 48.5 and suddenly the icon
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; re-appeared.
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt;
&gt;&gt; &gt; Very wierd indeed..
&gt;&gt; &gt; Installing 48.5 now shows the app in the tools menu but no icon on the
&gt;&gt; &gt; bottom line of the TB screen
&gt;&gt; Look on the right-hand side of the Mail Toolbar at the top of the window.
&gt;&gt; Dave Pyles
&gt;&gt; _______________________________________________
&gt;&gt;
&gt; No indication on the right-hand side.. I use the Walnut theme and
&gt; installed the default theme and no indication
I just let the extension install itself and didn't see the icon.  Once I
uninstalled the defective version and installed the new one, that's
where it put the icon.  The Walnut theme is one that is listed as having
compatibility issues at <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://barisderin.com/?p=286">http://barisderin.com/?p=286</a> (The author's web
site.)

</pre>
      type="cite">I appreciate the response. Since I also tried it with
      the default theme and it too did not display the icon, I will
      leave things as threy are since the font, et al is just fine and
      the icon is irrelavant, at least to me.</blockquote>
    We will see how things go in the future<br>
      type="cite">
      <pre wrap="">
</pre>

--------------0A3DDD7F35EFC11C8F5DEE70--
0
Al
9/13/2016 10:08:18 PM
On 9/13/2016 6:08 PM, Al Lawrence wrote:

> Dave Pyles wrote on 9/13/2016 5:42 PM:

>> > No indication on the right-hand side.. I use the Walnut theme and
>> > installed the default theme and no indication
>> I just let the extension install itself and didn't see the icon.  Once I
>> uninstalled the defective version and installed the new one, that's
>> where it put the icon.  The Walnut theme is one that is listed as having
>> compatibility issues at http://barisderin.com/?p=286 (The author's web
>> site.)
>>

>> I appreciate the response. Since I also tried it with the default
>> theme and it too did not display the icon, I will leave things as
>> threy are since the font, et al is just fine and the icon is
>> irrelavant, at least to me.
> We will see how things go in the future

Just to clarify any confusion, the version of Theme font & size changer
that I am referring to is 48.5 which was just released today.  (48.8
does not work properly.)
Dave Pyles

0
Dave
--------------64A6BAE94731F9D2D3FB61DF

Dave Pyles wrote on 9/13/2016 7:37 PM:
> On 9/13/2016 6:08 PM, Al Lawrence wrote:
> >

> > Dave Pyles wrote on 9/13/2016 5:42 PM:

> >> I just let the extension install itself and didn't see the icon.  Once I
> >> uninstalled the defective version and installed the new one, that's
> >> where it put the icon.  The Walnut theme is one that is listed as having
> >> compatibility issues at http://barisderin.com/?p=286 (The author's web
> >> site.)
> >>

> >> I appreciate the response. Since I also tried it with the default
> >> theme and it too did not display the icon, I will leave things as
> >> threy are since the font, et al is just fine and the icon is
> >> irrelavant, at least to me.
> > We will see how things go in the future
> >

> Just to clarify any confusion, the version of Theme font & size changer
> that I am referring to is 48.5 which was just released today.  (48.8
> does not work properly.)
> Dave Pyles

48.5 is the one i installed, today

--------------64A6BAE94731F9D2D3FB61DF

  <head>
      http-equiv="Content-Type">
  </head>
      type="cite">
      <pre wrap="">On 9/13/2016 6:08 PM, Al Lawrence wrote:
&gt;
&gt;
&gt; Dave Pyles wrote on 9/13/2016 5:42 PM:
&gt;&gt; On 9/13/2016 3:57 PM, Al Lawrence wrote:
&gt;&gt; &gt;
&gt;&gt; &gt;
&gt;&gt; &gt; Dave Pyles wrote on 9/13/2016 3:46 PM:
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; On 9/13/2016 2:52 PM, Al Lawrence wrote:
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt; Dave Symes wrote on 9/13/2016 12:56 PM:
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; In article
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; <a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E" href="mailto:mailman.3191.1473775085.18165.support-thunderbird@lists.mozilla.org">&lt;mailman.3191.1473775085.18165.support-thunderbird@lists.mozilla.org&gt;</a>,
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt;    Delrio <a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E" href="mailto:Delrio@invalid.invalid">&lt;Delrio@invalid.invalid&gt;</a> wrote:
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt; On 12-Sep-2016 6:01 PM, Ken Springer wrote:
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt; &gt; Before I hop over to the developer's page, has anyone else just have
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt; &gt; this extension go away in their Thunderbird
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt; &gt;
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt; &gt; Reinstalling does nothing, it doesn't eve show up in the Extensions
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt; &gt; list.
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt; &gt;
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt; &gt;
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt;
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt; New version 48.5 is out and working fine.
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt;
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; Damnably weird, here, update the extension to 48.5 and suddenly the icon
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; re-appeared.
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt;
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt; Very wierd indeed..
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt; Installing 48.5 now shows the app in the tools menu but no icon on the
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt; bottom line of the TB screen
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; Look on the right-hand side of the Mail Toolbar at the top of the window.
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; Dave Pyles
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; _______________________________________________
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt;
&gt;&gt; &gt; No indication on the right-hand side.. I use the Walnut theme and
&gt;&gt; &gt; installed the default theme and no indication
&gt;&gt; I just let the extension install itself and didn't see the icon.  Once I
&gt;&gt; uninstalled the defective version and installed the new one, that's
&gt;&gt; where it put the icon.  The Walnut theme is one that is listed as having
&gt;&gt; compatibility issues at <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://barisderin.com/?p=286">http://barisderin.com/?p=286</a> (The author's web
&gt;&gt; site.)
&gt;&gt;
&gt;
&gt;&gt; I appreciate the response. Since I also tried it with the default
&gt;&gt; theme and it too did not display the icon, I will leave things as
&gt;&gt; threy are since the font, et al is just fine and the icon is
&gt;&gt; irrelavant, at least to me.
&gt; We will see how things go in the future
&gt;
&gt;
Just to clarify any confusion, the version of Theme font &amp; size changer
that I am referring to is 48.5 which was just released today.  (48.8
does not work properly.)
Dave Pyles

</pre>
    48.5 is the one i installed, today<br>

--------------64A6BAE94731F9D2D3FB61DF--
0
Al
9/13/2016 11:59:26 PM
On 9/13/16 7:54 AM, Delrio wrote:
> On 12-Sep-2016 6:01 PM, Ken Springer wrote:
>> Before I hop over to the developer's page, has anyone else just have
>> this extension go away in their Thunderbird
>>
>> Reinstalling does nothing, it doesn't eve show up in the Extensions list.
>>

> New version 48.5 is out and working fine.

Updated to 48.5, minor glitch for me.

Get Messages, Write, and Tag have drop down menus.  When I hover over
and entry in the drop down menu, the menu entry disappears.

--
Ken
Mac OS X 10.11.6
On 9/12/2016 3:01 PM, Ken Springer wrote:
> Before I hop over to the developer's page, has anyone else just have
> this extension go away in their Thunderbird
>
> Reinstalling does nothing, it doesn't eve show up in the Extensions list.

This is happening again, this time with version 48.5.  I installed that
version of Theme Font & Size Changer on 13 September in both SeaMonkey
and Thunderbird.  It disappeared when I booted up and launched
Thunderbird 45.3.0 and SeaMonkey 2.40.

Yes, I have already reported the problem to the developer.

--
--------------E56AD0B379F7F61B9691200B

David E. Ross wrote on 9/20/2016 11:22 AM:
> On 9/12/2016 3:01 PM, Ken Springer wrote:
> > Before I hop over to the developer's page, has anyone else just have
> > this extension go away in their Thunderbird
> >
> > Reinstalling does nothing, it doesn't eve show up in the Extensions list.
> >

> This is happening again, this time with version 48.5.  I installed that
> version of Theme Font & Size Changer on 13 September in both SeaMonkey
> and Thunderbird.  It disappeared when I booted up and launched
> Thunderbird 45.3.0 and SeaMonkey 2.40.
>
> Yes, I have already reported the problem to the developer.
Happened here, checked for updates and lo and behold an update... now at
48.6...
Guess he "heard" you  :)

--------------E56AD0B379F7F61B9691200B

  <head>
      http-equiv="Content-Type">
  </head>
      AM:<br>
      type="cite">
      <pre wrap="">On 9/12/2016 3:01 PM, Ken Springer wrote:
&gt; Before I hop over to the developer's page, has anyone else just have
&gt; this extension go away in their Thunderbird
&gt;
&gt; Reinstalling does nothing, it doesn't eve show up in the Extensions list.
&gt;
&gt;

This is happening again, this time with version 48.5.  I installed that
version of Theme Font &amp; Size Changer on 13 September in both SeaMonkey
and Thunderbird.  It disappeared when I booted up and launched
Thunderbird 45.3.0 and SeaMonkey 2.40.

Yes, I have already reported the problem to the developer.</pre>
    Happened here, checked for updates and lo and behold an update...
    now at 48.6...<br>
    Guess he "heard" you� :)<br>
      type="cite">
      <pre wrap="">

</pre>

--------------E56AD0B379F7F61B9691200B--
0
Al
9/20/2016 3:26:07 PM
On 9/20/2016 8:26 AM, Al Lawrence wrote:

> David E. Ross wrote on 9/20/2016 11:22 AM:
>> On 9/12/2016 3:01 PM, Ken Springer wrote:
>> > Before I hop over to the developer's page, has anyone else just have
>> > this extension go away in their Thunderbird
>> >
>> > Reinstalling does nothing, it doesn't eve show up in the Extensions list.
>> >

>> This is happening again, this time with version 48.5.  I installed that
>> version of Theme Font & Size Changer on 13 September in both SeaMonkey
>> and Thunderbird.  It disappeared when I booted up and launched
>> Thunderbird 45.3.0 and SeaMonkey 2.40.
>>
>> Yes, I have already reported the problem to the developer.
> Happened here, checked for updates and lo and behold an update... now at
> 48.6...
> Guess he "heard" you  :)

I think I will wait before updating to 48.6.  So far, I have had
problems with at least two of the 48.x series.

--
Donald Trump claims everyone likes him.  Does that
include his ex-wives?  How about the students who
discovered that their education at Trump University
was worthless?  And how about the contractors,
suppliers, and employees he stiffed in his several
bankruptcies?
0
David
9/20/2016 3:52:40 PM
On 9/20/2016 11:52 AM, David E. Ross wrote:
> On 9/20/2016 8:26 AM, Al Lawrence wrote:
>>

>> David E. Ross wrote on 9/20/2016 11:22 AM:

>>> This is happening again, this time with version 48.5.  I installed that
>>> version of Theme Font & Size Changer on 13 September in both SeaMonkey
>>> and Thunderbird.  It disappeared when I booted up and launched
>>> Thunderbird 45.3.0 and SeaMonkey 2.40.
>>>
>>> Yes, I have already reported the problem to the developer.
>> Happened here, checked for updates and lo and behold an update... now at
>> 48.6...
>> Guess he "heard" you  :)
>>>

> I think I will wait before updating to 48.6.  So far, I have had
> problems with at least two of the 48.x series.

48.6 seems to be broken.  -Dave Pyles
0
Dave
9/20/2016 4:01:06 PM
On 2016-09-12 18:01, Ken Springer wrote:
> Before I hop over to the developer's page, has anyone else just have
> this extension go away in their Thunderbird

I had this problem, which was fixed when I reinstalled it.  And now (Sep
20) it has happened again, and I've had to uninstall it again, install
it again, and configure it again.  What the hell is going on with this
extension?  Is there another, similar extension which does not randomly
go away?

Dave Pyles <dnpyles@user.invalid> Wrote in message:
> On 9/20/2016 11:52 AM, David E. Ross wrote:
>>
>> I think I will wait before updating to 48.6.  So far, I have had
>> problems with at least two of the 48.x series.
>>
> 48.6 seems to be broken.  -Dave Pyles

You can do font size management via userChrome.css. See
 http://kb.mozillazine.org/index.php?title=UserChrome.css and then
 follow the link to userChrome-example.css which gives a worked
 example of setting font size. It doesn't take much work to find
 the additional settings for typefaceand style, e.g. bold text,
 foreground and background colours.
--
Chris
0
On 9/20/16 9:22 AM, David E. Ross wrote:
> On 9/12/2016 3:01 PM, Ken Springer wrote:
>> Before I hop over to the developer's page, has anyone else just have
>> this extension go away in their Thunderbird
>>
>> Reinstalling does nothing, it doesn't eve show up in the Extensions list.
>>

> This is happening again, this time with version 48.5.  I installed that
> version of Theme Font & Size Changer on 13 September in both SeaMonkey
> and Thunderbird.  It disappeared when I booted up and launched
> Thunderbird 45.3.0 and SeaMonkey 2.40.

Broken here in 45.3 and version 48.6

> Yes, I have already reported the problem to the developer.

--
Ken
Mac OS X 10.11.6
Firefox 48.0.1
Thunderbird 45.3.0
      and it's gone!"
0
Ken
9/21/2016 1:20:55 AM
On 9/20/2016 12:01 PM, Dave Pyles wrote:
> On 9/20/2016 11:52 AM, David E. Ross wrote:

>>> Happened here, checked for updates and lo and behold an update... now at
>>> 48.6...
>>> Guess he "heard" you  :)
>>>>

>> I think I will wait before updating to 48.6.  So far, I have had
>> problems with at least two of the 48.x series.
>>
> 48.6 seems to be broken.  -Dave Pyles

No troubles here with 48.6 and TB 45.2.0
0
Wayne
--------------936607A82B25774E18D8256B

Wayne wrote on 9/21/2016 7:03 AM:
> On 9/20/2016 12:01 PM, Dave Pyles wrote:

> >> I think I will wait before updating to 48.6.  So far, I have had
> >> problems with at least two of the 48.x series.
> >>
> > 48.6 seems to be broken.  -Dave Pyles
>
> No troubles here with 48.6 and TB 45.2.0

Appears to be working here as well.. using 48.6 and TB 45.3.0

--------------936607A82B25774E18D8256B

  <head>
      http-equiv="Content-Type">
  </head>
      type="cite">
      <pre wrap="">On 9/20/2016 12:01 PM, Dave Pyles wrote:
&gt; On 9/20/2016 11:52 AM, David E. Ross wrote:
&gt;&gt; On 9/20/2016 8:26 AM, Al Lawrence wrote:
&gt;&gt;&gt;
&gt;&gt;&gt;
&gt;&gt;&gt; David E. Ross wrote on 9/20/2016 11:22 AM:
&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; On 9/12/2016 3:01 PM, Ken Springer wrote:
&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; Before I hop over to the developer's page, has anyone else just have
&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; this extension go away in their Thunderbird
&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;
&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; Reinstalling does nothing, it doesn't eve show up in the Extensions
&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; list.
&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;
&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;
&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;
&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; This is happening again, this time with version 48.5.  I installed that
&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; version of Theme Font &amp; Size Changer on 13 September in both SeaMonkey
&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; and Thunderbird.  It disappeared when I booted up and launched
&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; Thunderbird 45.3.0 and SeaMonkey 2.40.
&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;
&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; Yes, I have already reported the problem to the developer.
&gt;&gt;&gt; Happened here, checked for updates and lo and behold an update... now at
&gt;&gt;&gt; 48.6...
&gt;&gt;&gt; Guess he "heard" you  :)
&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;
&gt;&gt;&gt;
&gt;&gt;
&gt;&gt; I think I will wait before updating to 48.6.  So far, I have had
&gt;&gt; problems with at least two of the 48.x series.
&gt;&gt;
&gt; 48.6 seems to be broken.  -Dave Pyles

No troubles here with 48.6 and TB 45.2.0

</pre>
    Appears to be working here as well.. using 48.6 and TB 45.3.0<br>

--------------936607A82B25774E18D8256B--
0
Al
9/21/2016 11:22:42 AM
On 9/20/2016 12:55 PM, C A Upsdell wrote:
> On 2016-09-12 18:01, Ken Springer wrote:
>> Before I hop over to the developer's page, has anyone else just have
>> this extension go away in their Thunderbird
>
> I had this problem, which was fixed when I reinstalled it.  And now (Sep
> 20) it has happened again, and I've had to uninstall it again, install
> it again, and configure it again.  What the hell is going on with this
> extension?  Is there another, similar extension which does not randomly
> go away?

Using 45.3.

Same problem with the Theme Font addon.

In addition, TB's addon handler appears to be severely broken.  The
background is black and there appears to be no text.  The top line
appears to have a search window, but it doesn't work; I can't type
anything into it.

When your tools are broken, there's noting to do.  Is this TB's new motto?

0
RussCA
9/21/2016 12:17:32 PM
On 9/21/2016 8:17 AM, RussCA <home.rr@cogeco.ca> wrote:
> When your tools are broken, there's noting to do.  Is this TB's new motto?

You are complaining to/about the wrong entity/person.

Complain to the Addon provider. Mozilla/Thunderbird has nothing to do
about it.

Better yet, take full control and make these kinds of changes with
userChrome.css.
0
Tanstaafl
9/21/2016 1:15:10 PM
On 9/21/2016 9:15 AM, Tanstaafl wrote:
> On 9/21/2016 8:17 AM, RussCA <home.rr@cogeco.ca> wrote:
>> When your tools are broken, there's noting to do.  Is this TB's new motto?
>
> You are complaining to/about the wrong entity/person.
>
> Complain to the Addon provider. Mozilla/Thunderbird has nothing to do
> about it.
>
> Better yet, take full control and make these kinds of changes with
> userChrome.css.

Tanstaafl,

Thanks for your information.

However, I was talking about Thunderbird's "Tools > Add-on" system.

0
RussCA
9/21/2016 5:55:49 PM
On 9/21/2016 1:55 PM, RussCA <home.rr@cogeco.ca> wrote:
> On 9/21/2016 9:15 AM, Tanstaafl wrote:
>> On 9/21/2016 8:17 AM, RussCA <home.rr@cogeco.ca> wrote:
>>> When your tools are broken, there's noting to do.  Is this TB's new motto?

>> You are complaining to/about the wrong entity/person.
>>
>> Complain to the Addon provider. Mozilla/Thunderbird has nothing to do
>> about it.
>>
>> Better yet, take full control and make these kinds of changes with
>> userChrome.css.

> I was talking about Thunderbird's "Tools > Add-on" system.

My apologies for the minor confusion, but my point stands...

Your complaint is still misdirected... Tools > Addons is not broken for
the vast majority of us. I would personally wager, based on your
description, that your brokenness is caused by a problem with whatever
THEME you are using, so my original comment stands - complain to the
Theme maintainer...
0
Tanstaafl
9/21/2016 7:10:12 PM
On 2016-09-21 09:15, Tanstaafl wrote:
> On 9/21/2016 8:17 AM, RussCA <home.rr@cogeco.ca> wrote:
>> When your tools are broken, there's noting to do.  Is this TB's new motto?
>
> You are complaining to/about the wrong entity/person.
>
> Complain to the Addon provider. Mozilla/Thunderbird has nothing to do
> about it.

But I don't know who is responsible for the problem.  It could be the
addon provider; but it could be TB.  In either case it is clear that a
lot of people have experienced the problem, and SOMEONE should
investigate it, determine who is responsible, and get it fixed.

On 9/21/2016 3:10 PM, C A Upsdell wrote:
> On 2016-09-21 09:15, Tanstaafl wrote:
>> On 9/21/2016 8:17 AM, RussCA <home.rr@cogeco.ca> wrote:
>>> When your tools are broken, there's noting to do.  Is this TB's new
>>> motto?
>>
>> You are complaining to/about the wrong entity/person.
>>
>> Complain to the Addon provider. Mozilla/Thunderbird has nothing to do
>> about it.
>
> But I don't know who is responsible for the problem.  It could be the
> addon provider; but it could be TB.  In either case it is clear that a
> lot of people have experienced the problem, and SOMEONE should
> investigate it, determine who is responsible, and get it fixed.

for what it's worth, Theme font & size changes ver. 48.6 is working in
Thunderbird Ver. 45.3, but to get it to work you have to uninstall the
previous version before you update the extension.  Afterward, you have
to recreate your wanted settings.

Dave Pyles

0
Dave
--------------B385D4CC4EA5CD799A96286D

Dave Pyles wrote on 9/21/2016 7:05 PM:
> On 9/21/2016 3:10 PM, C A Upsdell wrote:
> >>
> >> You are complaining to/about the wrong entity/person.
> >>
> >> Complain to the Addon provider. Mozilla/Thunderbird has nothing to do
> >> about it.
> >
> > But I don't know who is responsible for the problem.  It could be the
> > addon provider; but it could be TB.  In either case it is clear that a
> > lot of people have experienced the problem, and SOMEONE should
> > investigate it, determine who is responsible, and get it fixed.
> >

> for what it's worth, Theme font & size changes ver. 48.6 is working in
> Thunderbird Ver. 45.3, but to get it to work you have to uninstall the
> previous version before you update the extension.  Afterward, you have
> to recreate your wanted settings.

Some may have to uninstall and others may not. I fell into the latter
category! Whatever it takes to make it work on each configuration... but
it does work :)

--------------B385D4CC4EA5CD799A96286D

  <head>
      http-equiv="Content-Type">
  </head>
      type="cite">
      <pre wrap="">On 9/21/2016 3:10 PM, C A Upsdell wrote:
&gt; On 2016-09-21 09:15, Tanstaafl wrote:
&gt;&gt; On 9/21/2016 8:17 AM, RussCA <a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E" href="mailto:home.rr@cogeco.ca">&lt;home.rr@cogeco.ca&gt;</a> wrote:
&gt;&gt;&gt; When your tools are broken, there's noting to do.  Is this TB's new
&gt;&gt;&gt; motto?
&gt;&gt;
&gt;&gt; You are complaining to/about the wrong entity/person.
&gt;&gt;
&gt;&gt; Complain to the Addon provider. Mozilla/Thunderbird has nothing to do
&gt;&gt; about it.
&gt;
&gt; But I don't know who is responsible for the problem.  It could be the
&gt; addon provider; but it could be TB.  In either case it is clear that a
&gt; lot of people have experienced the problem, and SOMEONE should
&gt; investigate it, determine who is responsible, and get it fixed.
&gt;
&gt;
&gt;
for what it's worth, Theme font &amp; size changes ver. 48.6 is working in
Thunderbird Ver. 45.3, but to get it to work you have to uninstall the
previous version before you update the extension.  Afterward, you have
to recreate your wanted settings.

</pre>
    Some may have to uninstall and others may not. I fell into the
    latter category! Whatever it takes to make it work on each
    configuration... but it does work :)<br>

--------------B385D4CC4EA5CD799A96286D--
0
Al
9/21/2016 11:20:54 PM
On 9/12/16 4:01 PM, Ken Springer wrote:
> Before I hop over to the developer's page, has anyone else just have
> this extension go away in their Thunderbird
>
> Reinstalling does nothing, it doesn't eve show up in the Extensions list.

Finally downloaded 47.5, a couple of things are broken, but I can
finally change the font size, which is what I needed.

--
Ken
Mac OS X 10.11.6

Chris wrote on 9/20/2016 2:48 PM:
> Dave Pyles <dnpyles@user.invalid> Wrote in message:
> > On 9/20/2016 11:52 AM, David E. Ross wrote:
> >>
> >> I think I will wait before updating to 48.6.  So far, I have had
> >> problems with at least two of the 48.x series.
> >>
> > 48.6 seems to be broken.  -Dave Pyles
> >

> You can do font size management via userChrome.css. See
>  http://kb.mozillazine.org/index.php?title=UserChrome.css and then
>  follow the link to userChrome-example.css which gives a worked
>  example of setting font size. It doesn't take much work to find
>  the additional settings for typefaceand style, e.g. bold text,
>  foreground and background colours.

Do these settings take precedence over the add-on?

0
Peter
9/22/2016 11:09:33 PM
On 09/22/2016 07:09 PM, Peter Holsberg wrote:

> Chris wrote on 9/20/2016 2:48 PM:
>> Dave Pyles <dnpyles@user.invalid> Wrote in message:
>>>>
>>> 48.6 seems to be broken.  -Dave Pyles
>>>
>> You can do font size management via userChrome.css. See
>>   http://kb.mozillazine.org/index.php?title=UserChrome.css and then
>>   follow the link to userChrome-example.css which gives a worked
>>   example of setting font size. It doesn't take much work to find
>>   the additional settings for typefaceand style, e.g. bold text,
>>   foreground and background colours.
> Do these settings take precedence over the add-on?

I set my Display setting to 125% on Windows 10. Solves the problem for
all applications for me.

Ubuntu 16.04.1 LTS

0
WaltS48
9/22/2016 11:24:08 PM

WaltS48 wrote on 9/22/2016 7:24 PM:
> On 09/22/2016 07:09 PM, Peter Holsberg wrote:
> >
> > Chris wrote on 9/20/2016 2:48 PM:

> >> You can do font size management via userChrome.css. See
> >>   http://kb.mozillazine.org/index.php?title=UserChrome.css and then
> >>   follow the link to userChrome-example.css which gives a worked
> >>   example of setting font size. It doesn't take much work to find
> >>   the additional settings for typefaceand style, e.g. bold text,
> >>   foreground and background colours.
> > Do these settings take precedence over the add-on?
> >

> I set my Display setting to 125% on Windows 10. Solves the problem for
> all applications for me.

I have mine set to 150%. OK for most, causes problems with a few, and no
effect on TB.

0
Peter