TBird Ignores My Setting

NON-Junk eMails still go into Junk Folder.

Weeks ago I clicked on the Star * for the eMail sender to add to the
address list BUT TBird still puts those eMails in the JUNK folder.

What now ???

Why do these app have to fight me !  Stupid programming.

Why is there NOT a single button to tell TBird that I want these eMails
and not have to fiddle with TBird all the time.

Ergonomics please !!!

Don't the Mozilla programmers use these programs.  What do they use ?

Cheese Louise.
0
Mozillian
5/15/2017 8:33:31 PM
mozilla.support.thunderbird 21886 articles. 2 followers. Post Follow

Mozillian wrote:
> NON-Junk eMails still go into Junk Folder.
>
> Weeks ago I clicked on the Star * for the eMail sender to add to the
> address list BUT TBird still puts those eMails in the JUNK folder.

This article has some useful fine points

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/1035377  How do I stop an
e-mail address from going into junk

(The 'devil' is in some detail, such as /which/ address list, or using
the junk filter log.)

Note: the 'chosen' helpful answer appears twice and refers to an
attached screenshot; only the second occurrence of that answer actually
has the helpful screenshot.

--
Mike Easter
0
Mozillian wrote on 5/15/2017 3:33 PM:
> NON-Junk eMails still go into Junk Folder.
>
> Weeks ago I clicked on the Star * for the eMail sender to add to the
> address list BUT TBird still puts those eMails in the JUNK folder.
>
> What now ???
>
> Why do these app have to fight me !  Stupid programming.
>
> Why is there NOT a single button to tell TBird that I want these eMails
> and not have to fiddle with TBird all the time.
>
> Ergonomics please !!!
>
> Don't the Mozilla programmers use these programs.  What do they use ?
>
> Cheese Louise.

You have to train the junk filter with both Ham and Spam. It is not
immediate clearance if formerly there was only spam in the filter database
for a particular sender. Not stupid programing.  Bayesian filters are
actually effective when used correctly.  The TB version was tweaked to
clear some one time entries to keep performance up.
--
Ron K.
Thunderbird user since May, 2003

0
Mozillian
5/15/2017 10:43:54 PM
Mozillian wrote:
> The whole point of writing software is to provide EASY functionality for
> users.

Sometimes developers think some function is important which function the
user is not expecting to 'exist', such as the user thinking there is but
one/single addressbook while the developer thinks that /this/
addressbook is not at all the same thing as /that/ address book.

There are a number of features of Tb which one might consider to be
'non-intuitive'.

--
Mike Easter
0
Mozillian wrote on 5/15/2017 5:43 PM:
> Stupid programming BECAUSE it should not take an IT professional to change
> this.
> It should be a simple menu selection or button to tell TBird to not treat
> an eMail as JUNK !!!
> We are not in the market for a mail app that requires weeks of study to use.
> The whole point of writing software is to provide EASY functionality for
> users.

The Junk status selector is right in the thread pane as a toggle when the
user adds the Col for it. What can be easer than that.
--
Ron K.
Thunderbird user since May, 2003
0
Ron
5/16/2017 2:52:52 AM
On 05/16/2017 04:52 AM, Ron K. wrote:
> Mozillian wrote on 5/15/2017 5:43 PM:
>> Stupid programming BECAUSE it should not take an IT professional to
>> change this.
>> It should be a simple menu selection or button to tell TBird to not
>> treat an eMail as JUNK !!!
>> We are not in the market for a mail app that requires weeks of study
>> to use.
>> The whole point of writing software is to provide EASY functionality
>> for users.
>>

> The Junk status selector is right in the thread pane as a toggle when
> the user adds the Col for it. What can be easer than that.
Actually it's even easier, it's there when the user hasn't removed it.
0
dillinger