TB304 Bypasses "Trash" on Delete?

I just accidentally deleted a draft message by pressing the Delete key
and found that the message simply disappeared.  I was shocked to
discover it was *not* in my Trash folder.

I often use the down arrow key to navigate in email, and I accidentally
pressed Delete instead.  That particular draft message had data in it
that I couldn't afford to lose.  As I'd already received a number of
emails this morning, in order to retrieve the deleted draft I had to:

1. Move my Thunderbird profile to a safe area.
2. Copy my backed up Thunderbird profile to my profile location.
3. Run Thunderbird and mail the draft message to myself.
4. Exit TB and delete the restored  TB profile.
5. Move my *real* TB profile from the safe area back to my profile location.
6. Run TB and download the deleted draft message so I could edit and
send it as originally intended.

I suppose I could have simply restored the Mail folder or even the
drafts folder, but... If draft messages were deleted to Trash, I could
have simply moved the deleted msg back to the Drafts folder without
having to restore anything.

TB allows me to configure Junk removal so it's deleted to Trash, why
can't I do this for Drafts?  Or *why* doesn't it delete to Trash by default?

BTW, I'm running TB 3.04 on Win7-64.

TIA!

Margaret
0
Margaret
4/26/2010 3:29:44 PM
mozilla.support.thunderbird 21738 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

On Apr 26, 11:29=A0am, Margaret <twokat...@gmailx.invalid> wrote:
> I just accidentally deleted a draft message by pressing the Delete key
> and found that the message simply disappeared. =A0I was shocked to
> discover it was *not* in my Trash folder.
>
> I often use the down arrow key to navigate in email, and I accidentally
> pressed Delete instead. =A0That particular draft message had data in it
> that I couldn't afford to lose. =A0As I'd already received a number of
> emails this morning, in order to retrieve the deleted draft I had to:
>
> 1. Move my Thunderbird profile to a safe area.
> 2. Copy my backed up Thunderbird profile to my profile location.
> 3. Run Thunderbird and mail the draft message to myself.
> 4. Exit TB and delete the restored =A0TB profile.
> 5. Move my *real* TB profile from the safe area back to my profile locati=
on.
> 6. Run TB and download the deleted draft message so I could edit and
> send it as originally intended.
>
> I suppose I could have simply restored the Mail folder or even the
> drafts folder, but... If draft messages were deleted to Trash, I could
> have simply moved the deleted msg back to the Drafts folder without
> having to restore anything.
>
> TB allows me to configure Junk removal so it's deleted to Trash, why
> can't I do this for Drafts? =A0Or *why* doesn't it delete to Trash by def=
ault?

> BTW, I'm running TB 3.04 on Win7-64.
>
> TIA!
>
> Margaret

If you didn't close the session, sometimes you can "undo" a delete
operation (<CTRL>+Z).
0
gabor

No "Update" or "Delete"!
Hi,I am using the dataset wizard to connect to a SQL database. The wizard creates my dataset and generates  "Select" and "Insert" statements but no "Update" or "delete". What can be the reason? By the way, this happens only on certain tables and not on others. I just can't figure out what the difference between these tables is. And, they all have a primary key. Actually I found this error before, running the configuration for the table again gives me that, sometimes I had to delete the table and start again. Hope this helps, let me...

.ALLCOL("%COLUMN%", " ", ", ", ", ")

Get "delete" answer before delete "File" in GridView
Hi,   I got a Image gridview in a page. There is one delete button column to delete record. It is no problem to delete data in the database, but what I need is delete the image file as well if user click "OK" from the confirmation dialog. How can I get the "answer" whether user is click "OK" button or "Cancel" button? This is my code for delete the image record. OnClientClick="return confirm('Are you sure you want to delete this record?');" So, what method I should use for delete the image file? RowDeleting or RowDeleted. Protected Sub GridView1_RowDeleted(ByVal sender As Obj...

Separate "Delete" and "Junk" more
Name: John J. Puccio Email: pucciojatcomcastdotnet Product: Thunderbird Summary: Separate "Delete" and "Junk" more Comments: Love the Thunderbird product. I had been using Netscape's old e-mail program for years until it went under. Anyway, the suggestion I have is to separate the "Delete" and "Junk" buttons at the top of the page by a few other buttons. Every time I go to click on "Delete," I'm afraid I'm going to mistakenly hit "Junk" instead. John J. Puccio 4935 Thatcher Drive Martinez, CA...

quotes, quotes, quotes...

no "enable editing" "enable deleting" "enable updating"
In my visual studio 2005 beta1,there is no "enable editing", "enable deleting", "enable updating"options. why? is the vision wrong??thanks! Which control are you talking about?/Fredrik Normén - fredrikn @ twitterMicrosoft MVP, MCSD, MCAD, MCTASPInsidersMy Blog "gridview" control!! I have, so you should also have it if you create a data source for the GridView control in the design view and make sure you have specified the Insert and Update Command for the DataSource. You can also add a CommandField to the GridView columns <asp:CommandFi...

"Save all" "Detach all" and "Delete all" always appear greyed out
Something went wrong with my TB and suddenly a couple of attachment-related options always appear greyed out when I read an email with an attachment! "Save all" "Detach all" and "Delete all" I am sure I have used these in the past. Either an update or an addon must have screwed things up. Any sugesstions? -- Rahul Rahul wrote, On Saturday 07 February 2009 02:57 AM: > Something went wrong with my TB and suddenly a couple of attachment-related > options always appear greyed out when I read an email with an attachment! > > "...

the "Windows Live" "Help Center" "does not support" Firefox
Name: ets3rodamar@hotmail.com Email: ets3rodamarathotmaildotcom Product: Minefield Summary: the "Windows Live" "Help Center" "does not support" Firefox Comments: I received the following info when I tried to access the "Help Central" service of "Windows Live" "http://g.live.com/9uxp9en-us/ftr2?productkey=wlhomepage"...: https://account.live.com/error.aspx?errcode=1047&mkt=de-de [quote] Browser wird nicht unterstützt Versuchen Sie, Ihren Browser auf eine neuere Version zu aktualisieren, um sich be...

How to set "Compact Folders" when you exit Thunderbird, like "Empty Trash" does. Do Both at same time when exiting.
Name: Chuck Houser Email: triangle_at_cyberspot.net Product: Thunderbird Summary: How to set "Compact Folders" when you exit Thunderbird, like "Empty Trash" does. Do Both at same time when exiting. Comments: There are two sections under "File" .. They are 1) Compact Folders 2) Empty Trash .. There is a setting that when you "Exit Thunderbird" that the Trash is Emptied... Would be nice if when you Exit that both #1 and #2 would exicute when you leave Thunderbird. Is there a way to also have "Compact Folders" work like &quo...

How to set "Compact Folders" when you exit Thunderbird, like "Empty Trash" does. Do Both at same time when exiting. #2
Name: Chuck Houser Email: triangle_at_cyberspot.net Product: Thunderbird Summary: How to set "Compact Folders" when you exit Thunderbird, like "Empty Trash" does. Do Both at same time when exiting. Comments: There are two sections under "File" .. They are 1) Compact Folders 2) Empty Trash .. There is a setting that when you "Exit Thunderbird" that the Trash is Emptied... Would be nice if when you Exit that both #1 and #2 would exicute when you leave Thunderbird. Is there a way to also have "Compact Folders" work like &quo...

Why I cannot use "delete" and "edit" functions ???
Hi all,This application was hosted at remote site.  I had a problem when I try to delete or edit or rename  my Album or Photo  after I logged in as  administrator.  I already checked all parameters for matching from both PhotoManager.cs class and all store procedures from Personal.mdf database.  Each parameter is matching each other.  But I still do not know why I got those problems above.  But when I add a new album, it is ok. There is no problem for adding a new album.   I use C# version.  I hosted this application at www.vwdhosting.ne...

Index on "insrted" and "deleted" in a Trigger
Hi, I have a trigger on a table A that maintains redundancy. It updates columns in a table B when the primary table A (that contains the values for the column in B) is updated I do updae B on a join of B and "insrted" and "deleted" "tables" "inserted" and "deleted" tables are virtual tables built by scanning the log and only contain changes for that trigger firing within that session - consequently, the tables will only contain the number of rows affected by the statement. Since you are copying the rows to another table, you wo...

"To" and "From" missing

Web resources about - TB304 Bypasses "Trash" on Delete? - mozilla.support.thunderbird