TB v57

Is TB57 staying with Gecko, or moving to Quantum/Servo?
0
Andy
11/13/2017 9:40:43 AM
mozilla.support.thunderbird 22135 articles. 2 followers. Post Follow

On 11/13/17 4:40 AM, Andy Burns wrote:
> Is TB57 staying with Gecko, or moving to Quantum/Servo?

AIUI, Quantum/Servo are just components of Gecko. Thunderbird 57.0 has
many improvements, including some of the Photon styling.

<https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/thunderbird/57.0beta/releasenotes/>

Coexist <https://www.coexist.org/>
Ubuntu 16.04LTS - Unity Desktop
0
WaltS48
11/13/2017 1:52:41 PM
WaltS48 wrote:

> Andy Burns wrote:
>
>> Is TB57 staying with Gecko, or moving to Quantum/Servo?
>
> AIUI, Quantum/Servo are just components of Gecko.

I guess I meant is it staying with the "old" CSS or moving to the "new"
CSS and will it therefore move to the webrender stuff in due course, so
more generally is TB falling behind FF, or keeping up with it?

0
Andy
11/14/2017 7:54:21 AM
Andy Burns wrote:
> WaltS48 wrote:
>
>> Andy Burns wrote:
>>
>>> Is TB57 staying with Gecko, or moving to Quantum/Servo?
>>
>> AIUI, Quantum/Servo are just components of Gecko.
>
> I guess I meant is it staying with the "old" CSS or moving to the "new"
> CSS and will it therefore move to the webrender stuff in due course, so
> more generally is TB falling behind FF, or keeping up with it?

TB is based off the ESR version of Firefox.  I'm guessing that when
Firefox 59 ESR is released next year is when we'll see Thunderbird
(eventually) switch over as well.

--
Jaime A. Cruz
President

AMA District 34
http://www.AMADistrict34.com/
Freddy's Run
http://www.freddysrun.org/
0
Cruz
11/16/2017 1:15:54 PM
Cruz, Jaime wrote:

> TB is based off the ESR version of Firefox.  I'm guessing that when
> Firefox 59 ESR is released next year is when we'll see Thunderbird
> (eventually) switch over as well.

OK, makes sense, thanks.
0
Andy