TB 45.8.0 locking up for a few seconds at a time

I do not know if this could  be your problem but I found that disabling
McAfee anti spam extension to solve the Thunderbird lock ups.

  wrote:
block quote
Nope, somebody else with the TB hangs problem. There are many of us.
block quote end
No, there are actually very few, and far fewer who experience this
for any length of time before figuring out and resolving the cause.
block quote
Really, don't bother. WFC.
block quote end
Exactly.
block quote end
Right, and it's not 'two seconds at a time', it is often into the
minutes.
TB has turned into a POS build that I suspect cannot handle a RAID
mail spool.
block quote end
What is a RAID mail spool and are you using one with your hanging
Thunderbird?
Does it hang without the RAID mail spool?
Looks like Lynn solved her problem by rebooting her computer after
having 21 days of uptime. Do you reboot or is it on all the time?
block quote end
The WKS operates on RAID storage, for a reason. Not unwinding it for TB.
Periodic reboots, typically weekly or when required by software updates.
block quote end

WKS?

I guess we found the cause of your lockups.

--
Visit Pittsburgh
<http://www.visitpittsburgh.com/>

Coexist
<https://www.coexist.org/>

National Popular Vote
<http://www.nationalpopularvote.com/>

Ubuntu 16.04LTS

0
anna
3/10/2017 3:44:08 PM
mozilla.support.thunderbird 21744 articles. 1 followers. Post Follow