TB 1.5RC2

I'm having trouble with TB 1.5rc2 not remembering my settings (e.g. the
window layout, customized toolbar, etc) when I restart it. I've tried
creating a new profile already, which didn't fix it. So I was planning
to wipe the program and my old profile and do a completely clean install
to see if this fixes it. But every link I've found on the web for the
"Thunderbird Setup 1.5rc2.exe" install file fails to connect to the
file. Thus, I can't seem to download the RC2 installation file (I
initially got RC2 via the automatic update tool).

Any ideas?

Thanks,	Kris
0
Kris
1/11/2006 2:31:16 PM
mozilla.support.thunderbird 21736 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

Kris Sedmera wrote:

> I'm having trouble with TB 1.5rc2 not remembering my settings (e.g. the
> window layout, customized toolbar, etc) when I restart it. I've tried
> creating a new profile already, which didn't fix it. So I was planning
> to wipe the program and my old profile and do a completely clean install
> to see if this fixes it. But every link I've found on the web for the
> "Thunderbird Setup 1.5rc2.exe" install file fails to connect to the
> file. Thus, I can't seem to download the RC2 installation file (I
> initially got RC2 via the automatic update tool).
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Thanks, Kris

Have seen notes to the effect that TB 1.5 is about to be final.  Maybe they
have pulled the earlier stuff.

Lou

0
Lou
1/11/2006 2:38:12 PM

Kris Sedmera wrote:
> I'm having trouble with TB 1.5rc2 not remembering my settings (e.g. the
> window layout, customized toolbar, etc) when I restart it. I've tried
> creating a new profile already, which didn't fix it. So I was planning
> to wipe the program and my old profile and do a completely clean install
> to see if this fixes it. But every link I've found on the web for the
> "Thunderbird Setup 1.5rc2.exe" install file fails to connect to the
> file. Thus, I can't seem to download the RC2 installation file (I
> initially got RC2 via the automatic update tool).
>
> Any ideas?

http://www.mozilla.org/products/thunderbird/releases/1.5.html

Regards,

Bob

--
Remove "x" from address to reply by email
0
Bob Henson wrote:

> Kris Sedmera wrote:
>> I'm having trouble with TB 1.5rc2 not remembering my settings (e.g. the
>> window layout, customized toolbar, etc) when I restart it. I've tried
>> creating a new profile already, which didn't fix it. So I was planning
>> to wipe the program and my old profile and do a completely clean install
>> to see if this fixes it. But every link I've found on the web for the
>> "Thunderbird Setup 1.5rc2.exe" install file fails to connect to the
>> file. Thus, I can't seem to download the RC2 installation file (I
>> initially got RC2 via the automatic update tool).
>>
>> Any ideas?
>
> http://www.mozilla.org/products/thunderbird/releases/1.5.html
>
> Regards,
>
> Bob

==>	I've tried this several times, as well as the links from many other
sites. All of them give me a network error message, and won't download
the file. It's like I'm jinxed.

Kris
0
Kris
1/11/2006 3:00:13 PM

Kris Sedmera wrote:
> Bob Henson wrote:
>> Kris Sedmera wrote:
>>> I'm having trouble with TB 1.5rc2 not remembering my settings (e.g. the
>>> window layout, customized toolbar, etc) when I restart it. I've tried
>>> creating a new profile already, which didn't fix it. So I was planning
>>> to wipe the program and my old profile and do a completely clean install
>>> to see if this fixes it. But every link I've found on the web for the
>>> "Thunderbird Setup 1.5rc2.exe" install file fails to connect to the
>>> file. Thus, I can't seem to download the RC2 installation file (I
>>> initially got RC2 via the automatic update tool).
>>>
>>> Any ideas?
>> http://www.mozilla.org/products/thunderbird/releases/1.5.html
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Bob
>>
> ==>	I've tried this several times, as well as the links from many other
> sites. All of them give me a network error message, and won't download
> the file. It's like I'm jinxed.

Odd, it works fine form here. Something your end, no doubt.

Regards,

Bob

--
Remove "x" from address to reply by email
0
Bob
1/11/2006 3:14:31 PM
On 01/11/06 09:31, Kris Sedmera wrote:
> I'm having trouble with TB 1.5rc2 not remembering my settings (e.g. the
> window layout, customized toolbar, etc) when I restart it. I've tried
> creating a new profile already, which didn't fix it. So I was planning
> to wipe the program and my old profile and do a completely clean install
> to see if this fixes it. But every link I've found on the web for the
> "Thunderbird Setup 1.5rc2.exe" install file fails to connect to the
> file. Thus, I can't seem to download the RC2 installation file (I
> initially got RC2 via the automatic update tool).
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Thanks,    Kris

<URL:http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/thunderbird/releases/1.5rc2/win32/en-US/Thunderbird%20Setup%201.5rc2.exe>
(<URL:http://snurl.com/lhbz>)

That doesn't work?
--
Yay!
0
Matt Nordhoff wrote:
> On 01/11/06 09:31, Kris Sedmera wrote:
>> I'm having trouble with TB 1.5rc2 not remembering my settings (e.g.
>> the window layout, customized toolbar, etc) when I restart it. I've
>> tried creating a new profile already, which didn't fix it. So I was
>> planning to wipe the program and my old profile and do a completely
>> clean install to see if this fixes it. But every link I've found on
>> the web for the "Thunderbird Setup 1.5rc2.exe" install file fails to
>> connect to the file. Thus, I can't seem to download the RC2
>> installation file (I initially got RC2 via the automatic update tool).
>>
>> Any ideas?
>>
>> Thanks,    Kris
>
> <URL:http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/thunderbird/releases/1.5rc2/win32/en-US/Thunderbird%20Setup%201.5rc2.exe>
>
> (<URL:http://snurl.com/lhbz>)
>
> That doesn't work?

I get a typical network error no matter what site I try to download it
from, i.e:

"The connection was reset

The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading.

     *   The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try
again in a few moments.

     *   If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's
network connection.

     *   If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or
proxy, make sure that Firefox is permitted to access the Web."

==>	I guess it must be some sort of firewall issue, but I don't know why
it only picks on Mozilla.

Kris
0
Kris
1/11/2006 4:59:32 PM
On 01/11/06 11:59, Kris Sedmera wrote:
> Matt Nordhoff wrote:
>> On 01/11/06 09:31, Kris Sedmera wrote:
>>> I'm having trouble with TB 1.5rc2 not remembering my settings (e.g.
>>> the window layout, customized toolbar, etc) when I restart it. I've
>>> tried creating a new profile already, which didn't fix it. So I was
>>> planning to wipe the program and my old profile and do a completely
>>> clean install to see if this fixes it. But every link I've found on
>>> the web for the "Thunderbird Setup 1.5rc2.exe" install file fails to
>>> connect to the file. Thus, I can't seem to download the RC2
>>> installation file (I initially got RC2 via the automatic update tool).
>>>
>>> Any ideas?
>>>
>>> Thanks,    Kris
>>
>> <URL:http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/thunderbird/releases/1.5rc2/win32/en-US/Thunderbird%20Setup%201.5rc2.exe>
>>
>> (<URL:http://snurl.com/lhbz>)
>>
>> That doesn't work?
>
> I get a typical network error no matter what site I try to download it
> from, i.e:
>
> "The connection was reset
>
> The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading.
>
>     *   The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again
> in a few moments.
>
>     *   If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's
> network connection.
>
>     *   If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy,
> make sure that Firefox is permitted to access the Web."
>
> ==>    I guess it must be some sort of firewall issue, but I don't know
> why it only picks on Mozilla.
>
> Kris

You can download fine in IE? I'd say it's a firewall issue, then.
Reconfigure Firefox in your firewall.
--
Yay!
0
Kris Sedmera wrote:
> Matt Nordhoff wrote:
>> On 01/11/06 09:31, Kris Sedmera wrote:
>>> I'm having trouble with TB 1.5rc2 not remembering my settings (e.g.
>>> the window layout, customized toolbar, etc) when I restart it. I've
>>> tried creating a new profile already, which didn't fix it. So I was
>>> planning to wipe the program and my old profile and do a completely
>>> clean install to see if this fixes it. But every link I've found on
>>> the web for the "Thunderbird Setup 1.5rc2.exe" install file fails to
>>> connect to the file. Thus, I can't seem to download the RC2
>>> installation file (I initially got RC2 via the automatic update tool).
>>>
>>> Any ideas?
>>>
>>> Thanks,    Kris
>>
>> <URL:http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/thunderbird/releases/1.5rc2/win32/en-US/Thunderbird%20Setup%201.5rc2.exe>
>>
>> (<URL:http://snurl.com/lhbz>)
>>
>> That doesn't work?
>
> I get a typical network error no matter what site I try to download it
> from, i.e:
>
> "The connection was reset
>
> The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading.
>
>     *   The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again
> in a few moments.
>
>     *   If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's
> network connection.
>
>     *   If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy,
> make sure that Firefox is permitted to access the Web."
>
> ==>    I guess it must be some sort of firewall issue, but I don't know
> why it only picks on Mozilla.
>
> Kris

Sounds like a firewall issue. If you have Norton "Security" with their
firewall it could easily be "picking on" Mozilla ..it does it all the
time at my wife's office. I am constantly going in and finding several
entries for Moz ..some with "permit", some with "automatically
configure" and some with "always block"!! I remove them all and let
Norton "rediscover" Moz (same applies to FF) ....as you can tell Norton
has a *TERRIBLE* firewall ...POC! I actually have one machine at that
office that doesn't find a new install of Mozilla and decides to block
it without asking...GRRR.

--
Brian

.. http://www.mozilla.org

.. http://ilias.ca/mozilla/

.. http://ilias.ca/

..  No keyboard found. Press F1 to continue.
0
Brian
1/11/2006 6:06:52 PM
Matt Nordhoff wrote:
> On 01/11/06 11:59, Kris Sedmera wrote:
>> Matt Nordhoff wrote:

>>> <URL:http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/thunderbird/releases/1.5rc2/win32/en-US/Thunderbird%20Setup%201.5rc2.exe>
>>>
>>> (<URL:http://snurl.com/lhbz>)
>>>
>>> That doesn't work?
>>
>> I get a typical network error no matter what site I try to download it
>> from, i.e:
>>
>> "The connection was reset
>>
>> The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading.
>>
>>     *   The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try
>> again in a few moments.
>>
>>     *   If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's
>> network connection.
>>
>>     *   If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or
>> proxy, make sure that Firefox is permitted to access the Web."
>>
>> ==>    I guess it must be some sort of firewall issue, but I don't
>> know why it only picks on Mozilla.
>>
>> Kris
>
> You can download fine in IE? I'd say it's a firewall issue, then.
> Reconfigure Firefox in your firewall.
==>	I've tried loading it in Firefox and IE. Both are no go's. I'm
wondering if a proxy would help with that, if it's my ISP firewall(?). I
haven't found one that works, though, with my Google search. I have
McAfee AV, not sure of the firewall brand though, and I can't change it.
	I guess if nothing else, I can try downloading it from a friend's
machine and bringing it over on a jump drive.

Kris
0
Kris
1/11/2006 6:33:49 PM
Kris Sedmera wrote:
> I'm having trouble with TB 1.5rc2 not remembering my settings (e.g. the
> window layout, customized toolbar, etc) when I restart it. I've tried
> creating a new profile already, which didn't fix it. So I was planning
> to wipe the program and my old profile and do a completely clean install
> to see if this fixes it. But every link I've found on the web for the
> "Thunderbird Setup 1.5rc2.exe" install file fails to connect to the
> file. Thus, I can't seem to download the RC2 installation file (I
> initially got RC2 via the automatic update tool).
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Thanks,    Kris
==>	OK, guys. I seem to have fixed the saved settings problem without a
complete re-install (I just had to abandon all my profile data; I was
copying too much of my old profile back again before), but I'm still
peeved about not being able to download install files from Mozilla.

Kris
0
Kris
1/11/2006 6:37:52 PM
On 01/11/06 13:37, Kris Sedmera wrote:
> Kris Sedmera wrote:
>> I'm having trouble with TB 1.5rc2 not remembering my settings (e.g.
>> the window layout, customized toolbar, etc) when I restart it. I've
>> tried creating a new profile already, which didn't fix it. So I was
>> planning to wipe the program and my old profile and do a completely
>> clean install to see if this fixes it. But every link I've found on
>> the web for the "Thunderbird Setup 1.5rc2.exe" install file fails to
>> connect to the file. Thus, I can't seem to download the RC2
>> installation file (I initially got RC2 via the automatic update tool).
>>
>> Any ideas?
>>
>> Thanks,    Kris
> ==>    OK, guys. I seem to have fixed the saved settings problem without
> a complete re-install (I just had to abandon all my profile data; I was
> copying too much of my old profile back again before), but I'm still
> peeved about not being able to download install files from Mozilla.
>
> Kris

You might be able to just delete or rename the "localstore.rdf" file in
your profile instead of abandoning the whole thing. That file stores
window layout configuration, and it could be corrupt or read-only or
something.
--
Yay!
0
On 01/11/06 13:33, Kris Sedmera wrote:
> ==>    I've tried loading it in Firefox and IE. Both are no go's. I'm
> wondering if a proxy would help with that, if it's my ISP firewall(?). I
> haven't found one that works, though, with my Google search. I have
> McAfee AV, not sure of the firewall brand though, and I can't change it.
>     I guess if nothing else, I can try downloading it from a friend's
> machine and bringing it over on a jump drive.
>
> Kris

Well, that's definitely not Firefox's fault, then. Sounds like a crappy
firewall or Internet connection.

A proxy wouldn't help if it's with your ISP, since you still have to go
through your ISP's servers. Unless maybe you used a different port and
maybe encrypted the data to the proxy, if your ISP is messing with
HTTP/port 80 stuff.
--
Yay!
0
Matt Nordhoff wrote:
> On 01/11/06 13:37, Kris Sedmera wrote:
>> Kris Sedmera wrote:
>>> I'm having trouble with TB 1.5rc2 not remembering my settings (e.g.
>>> the window layout, customized toolbar, etc) when I restart it. I've
>>> tried creating a new profile already, which didn't fix it. So I was
>>> planning to wipe the program and my old profile and do a completely
>>> clean install to see if this fixes it. But every link I've found on
>>> the web for the "Thunderbird Setup 1.5rc2.exe" install file fails to
>>> connect to the file. Thus, I can't seem to download the RC2
>>> installation file (I initially got RC2 via the automatic update tool).
>>>
>>> Any ideas?
>>>
>>> Thanks,    Kris
>> ==>    OK, guys. I seem to have fixed the saved settings problem
>> without a complete re-install (I just had to abandon all my profile
>> data; I was copying too much of my old profile back again before), but
>> I'm still peeved about not being able to download install files from
>> Mozilla.
>>
>> Kris
>
> You might be able to just delete or rename the "localstore.rdf" file in
> your profile instead of abandoning the whole thing. That file stores
> window layout configuration, and it could be corrupt or read-only or
> something.
==>	I think I tried that, although I'm not absolutely sure. This time I
only transferred my address book and training file, though, and it's
working fine now. But if I have that problem again, I'll try it.

Thanks,	Kris
0
Kris
1/11/2006 7:29:21 PM
On 01/11/06 14:29, Kris Sedmera wrote:
> Matt Nordhoff wrote:

>>> ==>    OK, guys. I seem to have fixed the saved settings problem
>>> without a complete re-install (I just had to abandon all my profile
>>> data; I was copying too much of my old profile back again before),
>>> but I'm still peeved about not being able to download install files
>>> from Mozilla.
>>>
>>> Kris
>>
>> You might be able to just delete or rename the "localstore.rdf" file
>> in your profile instead of abandoning the whole thing. That file
>> stores window layout configuration, and it could be corrupt or
>> read-only or something.
> ==>    I think I tried that, although I'm not absolutely sure. This time
> I only transferred my address book and training file, though, and it's
> working fine now. But if I have that problem again, I'll try it.
>
> Thanks,    Kris

Well, I'm glad everything is working for you now...

And yes, it would be a good idea to try that in the future. It's a
pretty small loss if you delete it and it doesn't work, and no loss at
all if you just rename it.
--
Yay!
0
On 01/11/06 16:28, gwtc wrote:
> BTW:  How did we get from a TB problem to a FF problem?

The OP mentioned he/she/it couldn't download a new copy of the
Thunderbird 1.5 installer in the OP. Two or three our of five sentences
in the OP are talking about it.
--
Yay!
0
Kris Sedmera wrote:

> Matt Nordhoff wrote:

>>>I get a typical network error no matter what site I try to download it
>>>from, i.e:
>>>
>>>"The connection was reset
>>>
>>>The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading.
>>>
>>>    *   The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try
>>>again in a few moments.
>>>
>>>    *   If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's
>>>network connection.
>>>
>>>    *   If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or
>>>proxy, make sure that Firefox is permitted to access the Web."
>>>
>>>==>    I guess it must be some sort of firewall issue, but I don't
>>>know why it only picks on Mozilla.
>>>
>>>Kris
>>
>>You can download fine in IE? I'd say it's a firewall issue, then.
>>Reconfigure Firefox in your firewall.
>
> ==>	I've tried loading it in Firefox and IE. Both are no go's. I'm
> wondering if a proxy would help with that, if it's my ISP firewall(?). I
> haven't found one that works, though, with my Google search. I have
> McAfee AV, not sure of the firewall brand though, and I can't change it.
> 	I guess if nothing else, I can try downloading it from a friend's
> machine and bringing it over on a jump drive.
>
> Kris
since its happening to IE aswell, then its not a FF issue, but rather
a connection with your ISP.  Give them a call.

BTW:  How did we get from a TB problem to a FF problem?
0
gwtc
1/11/2006 9:28:55 PM
gwtc wrote:
> Kris Sedmera wrote:
>
>> Matt Nordhoff wrote:

>>> You can download fine in IE? I'd say it's a firewall issue, then.
>>> Reconfigure Firefox in your firewall.
>>
>> ==>    I've tried loading it in Firefox and IE. Both are no go's. I'm
>> wondering if a proxy would help with that, if it's my ISP firewall(?).
>> I haven't found one that works, though, with my Google search. I have
>> McAfee AV, not sure of the firewall brand though, and I can't change it.
>>     I guess if nothing else, I can try downloading it from a friend's
>> machine and bringing it over on a jump drive.
>>
>> Kris
> since its happening to IE aswell, then its not a FF issue, but rather a
> connection with your ISP.  Give them a call.
>
> BTW:  How did we get from a TB problem to a FF problem?

That's an "easy" ...the OP can't download a copy of TB 1.5RC2...I
addressed that problem since I had something to offer there ..my version
of TB 1.5RC2 is working flawlessly so I didn't have anything to offer
for the TB problem ...so we morphed into a FF problem. Now if the OP can
get a copy of the TB install file and see if a fresh install makes a
difference we may have the TB problem solved. :)

--
Brian

.. http://www.mozilla.org

.. http://ilias.ca/mozilla/

.. http://ilias.ca/

..  No keyboard found. Press F1 to continue.
0
Brian

enigmail-1.0.1 for TB-3.0.x and enigmail-1.1.2 for TB-3.1.x available
Hi, enigmail-1.0.1 (TB-3.0.x) and enigmail-1.1.2 (TB-3.1.x) are available at http://enigmail.mozdev.org. Note for Seamonkey-2.0.x you can download and install enigmail-1.0.1. Have fun, Walter ...

superreview granted: [Bug 300820] Bump Thunderbird version on aviary1.0.1 branch to 1.0.6 : [Attachment 189343] Bump Tb version to 1.0.6
Brian Ryner <bryner@brianryner.com> has granted Chase Phillips <chase@mozilla.org>'s request for superreview: Bug 300820: Bump Thunderbird version on aviary1.0.1 branch to 1.0.6 https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=300820 Attachment 189343: Bump Tb version to 1.0.6 https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/attachment.cgi?id=189343&action=edit ...

superreview requested: [Bug 300820] Bump Thunderbird version on aviary1.0.1 branch to 1.0.6 : [Attachment 189343] Bump Tb version to 1.0.6
Chase Phillips <chase@mozilla.org> has asked David Baron <dbaron@mozillafoundation.org> for superreview: Bug 300820: Bump Thunderbird version on aviary1.0.1 branch to 1.0.6 https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=300820 Attachment 189343: Bump Tb version to 1.0.6 https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/attachment.cgi?id=189343&action=edit ...

Thunderbird 9.0.1 and Lightning 1.1.1
I'm trying to install lightning 1.1.1 on Thunderbird 9.0.1. It downloads and say Installing on the add-ons page, but nothing happens, it just sits there. I'm using Kubuntu 11.10. Any advice besides downloading again, installing again etc. which I have tried multiple times. Thanks, Ron On 01/30/2012 02:38 AM, Ron Gracia wrote: > I'm trying to install lightning 1.1.1 on Thunderbird 9.0.1. It downloads > and say Installing on the add-ons page, but nothing happens, it just > sits there. I'm using Kubuntu 11.10. > > Any advice besides downloading a...

Note to Tb U2U Volunteer support personnel Ref: Tb 1.5 uninstall for Win9X
Last night I discovered the Tb 1.5.0.12 uninstaller for Win32 builds is incompatible with the Win 9x Win32 OS's. This is also true for all the Fx releases in the 1.5 branch since 1.5.0.2 that effects both products. There is a workaround for Tb that is the same as the one previously documented in the mozillazine KB. The file needed is found at this URL: http://releases.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/thunderbird/releases/1.5/win32/xpi/UninstallThunderbird.zip 1. The procedure is to rename the existing Tb uninstall.exe to .bad so it will not execute. 2. Rename the unzipped fi...

thunderbird-1.0+ vs thunderbird-1.4
Someone should delete (or move) the old builds thunderbird-1.0+.xx.yyy.zz from http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/thunderbird/nightly/latest-mozilla1.8-l10n/ its confusing, people first see the old builds. The new builds are thunderbird-1.4.xx.yyy.zz -- дамјан The three Rs of Microsoft support: Retry, Reboot, Reinstall. Дамјан Георгиевски wrote: > Someone should delete (or move) the old builds thunderbird-1.0+.xx.yyy.zz > from > http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/thunderbird/nightly/latest-mozilla1.8-l10n/ > its confusing, people first see the old b...

TB 1.1
Just FYI the most recent builds do not work on TB 1.1 (alpha). Under Linux using the 11th January build the calendar won't start (the old iCal issue, bug 134432). Under Windows using the 28th February build you can get some windows up (not all) and the language defaults to German.. Anyone able to contribute a more recent build that works properly with TB 1.1...? TIA ...

Jaguar 1.1.1 and French support
I'm getting the following message when running a Java applet from a French Netscape (with the jdk1.1 java plug-in), running on a French Windows 95 and going against Jaguar 1.1.1 (1053): cs_locale: cslib user api layer: external error: can not access localization file C:\......\locales\message\french\common.loc Does Jaguar 1.1.1 (1053) support French locales? If so, where do I get the required \French\common.loc files? TIA Im not sure 1.1.1 has these localizations. Id check with tech support. Dave Wolf Internet Applications Division Rick Menard wrote: > I&#...

superreview granted: [Bug 321495] Thunderbird 1.5rc1 and 1.5rc2 hangs with 945 messages in a POP account : [Attachment 207349] proposed fix
Scott MacGregor <mscott@mozilla.org> has granted David Bienvenu <bienvenu@nventure.com>'s request for superreview: Bug 321495: Thunderbird 1.5rc1 and 1.5rc2 hangs with 945 messages in a POP account https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=321495 Attachment 207349: proposed fix https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/attachment.cgi?id=207349&action=edit ...

superreview requested: [Bug 321495] Thunderbird 1.5rc1 and 1.5rc2 hangs with 945 messages in a POP account : [Attachment 207349] proposed fix
David Bienvenu <bienvenu@nventure.com> has asked Scott MacGregor (out of town December 23rd-January 2nd) <mscott@mozilla.org> for superreview: Bug 321495: Thunderbird 1.5rc1 and 1.5rc2 hangs with 945 messages in a POP account https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=321495 Attachment 207349: proposed fix https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/attachment.cgi?id=207349&action=edit ------- Additional Comments from David Bienvenu <bienvenu@nventure.com> actually, this will fix the hang for all cases...still need to fix the bogus thread structure. ...

Jaguar 1.1.1 and French support #2
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------B4DD525D69B539586339D671 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit I'm getting the following message when running a Java applet from a French Netscape (with the jdk1.1 java plug-in), running on a French Windows 95 and going against Jaguar 1.1.1 (1053): cs_locale: cslib user api layer: external error: can not access localization file C:\......\locales\message\french\common.loc Does Jaguar 1.1.1 (1053) support French locales? If so, where do I get the required \French\common.loc f...

Novell Access Manager 3.1 Support Pack 1 3.1.1-215
Novell Access Manager 3.1 Support Pack 1 - 3.1.1-215 _NOVELL_3.1.1.215_PACTH_CONTAINS_IDP_AND_AG_BINARIES.__ IDP and AC Binary - AM_31_SP1_IdentityServer_Linux.tar.gz - (Size-456,238 KB) AG Binary -- AM_31_SP1_LinuxAccessGateway - (Size - 655,840 KB) Can these binareis (3.1.1.215) be installed directlly if it is on a new server with no installations of NAM? or First install 3.1.1.214 (3.1 SP1) and upgrade to 3.1.1.215? Please suggest. I installed directly using 3.1.1.215 and everything is working fine. And one more difference noticed is the binary size for IDP in 3.1...

Debate on the degree of usability of Thunderbird 1.5 vs Thunderbird 1.0.7
I move DeFaria's note below (as a courtesy to Andrew DeFaria) to this separate thread where Andrew and other users are welcome to debate the merits of the degree of usability of Thunderbird 1.5 vs Thunderbird 1.0.7 > On Sun, 05 Feb 2006 07:17:16 -0800, Andrew DeFaria wrote: >> BFD. You have a workaround ... move on. Life is too short. Having to >> type @<domain> should be the least of your worries. Would I call it >> less easy to use ... you betcha - but not unusable.If you type [the >> domain for every recipient] it works does it not?That's th...

JDK 1.4 Support in EAS 4.1.1
Everyone: Just after 4.1.1 went to press, I discovered that we had a JDK 1.4 script for EAServer. It didn't make the build, but I've been using it for about two weeks and it appears to be working fine. So, for those of you out there (you know who you are) who just can't wait... I have attached the serverstart.bat and setenv.bat scripts here. There are no installation instructions. Read the serverstart.bat script to determine where to put JDK 1.4. This is NOT supported by Sybase yet... I repeat, this is an UNOFFICIAL release. Support is via newsgroups ONLY until 4...

Web resources about - TB 1.5RC2 - mozilla.support.thunderbird

Australia braces for new heatwave as residents return to charred homes
Residents returned on Sunday to charred homes after a Christmas Day bushfire in southern Australia destroyed more than 100 properties, with firefighters ...

UK floods: Army deployed as rivers burst banks and more than 300 flood alerts ...
Telegraph.co.uk UK floods: Army deployed as rivers burst banks and more than 300 flood alerts ... Telegraph.co.uk ... • More than 300 alerts ...

California Wildfire 60 Percent Contained, Evacuations Lifted
California wildfire 60 percent contained; evacuations lifted for dozens of homes

Top Rebel's Death in Syria Reshuffles Deck Ahead of Talks
Washington Post Top Rebel's Death in Syria Reshuffles Deck Ahead of Talks New York Times BEIRUT — With Syrian peace talks scheduled to begin ...

2015: The year that was on Al Jazeera
The events that affected people's lives across the world as reported by our correspondents.

Kirk Cousins not going anywhere after division title
Washington Post Kirk Cousins not going anywhere after division title NFL.com The signature drive of Washington's division-clinching victory ...

From Start Up India to Divyaang: PM Modi’s last Maan Ki Baat of 2015
Prime Minister Narendra Modi said the action plan for ‘Start Up India, Stand Up India’ his government’s campaign to boost entrepreneurship will ...

Emmy Rossum & Pharrell Williams Feed Homeless on Christmas Eve
Emmy Rossum and Pharrell Williams dish out Christmas Eve meals with a smile at the Los Angeles Mission’s Skid Row Christmas celebration on Thursday ...

China adopts first counter-terrorism law
China adopted its first counter-terrorism law on Sunday after early drafts of the bill attracted strong criticism for provisions that may tighten ...

It’s Time to Rally Around Donald Trump
Brent Bozell has called on conservatives to rally around Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX) for the Republican presidential nomination. Ted Cruz is a good ...