Syncing address book with Gmail?

At some point in my use of Thunderbird, it synced my entire address book
to my contact list in Gmail, so I know it's possible.

I just don't know how to make it happen manually.

Is there a way to manually send your address book to Gmail? It would be
really convenient if I could add email addresses in only one place.

--
Give all you can, don't give more than you can.
0

--------------A99B788D82E81D421B6D4A64

On 04/06/2018 21:46, Hartdonor wrote:
> At some point in my use of Thunderbird, it synced my entire address book
> to my contact list in Gmail, so I know it's possible.
>
> I just don't know how to make it happen manually.
>
> Is there a way to manually send your address book to Gmail? It would be
> really convenient if I could add email addresses in only one place.

You need to export the address book in Thunderbird as CSV file and use
this new files to import in Gmail.  I suggest read this old article:

OK this is one way of doing it.

Good luck.

--------------A99B788D82E81D421B6D4A64

  <head>
  </head>
cite="mid:mailman.706.1528145239.2161.support-thunderbird@lists.mozilla.org">
      <pre wrap="">At some point in my use of Thunderbird, it synced my entire address book
to my contact list in Gmail, so I know it's possible.

I just don't know how to make it happen manually.

Is there a way to manually send your address book to Gmail? It would be
really convenient if I could add email addresses in only one place.

</pre>
    You need to export the address book in Thunderbird as CSV file and
    use this new files to import in Gmail.  I suggest read this old
    article:<br>
    OK this is one way of doing it.<br>
    Good luck.<br>
        yellow;font-weight: bolder; font-size:150%; text-align: center;
        margin: 30px 5px 30px 5px;">With over 600 million devices now
        running Windows 10, customer satisfaction is higher than any
        previous version of windows.</div>

--------------A99B788D82E81D421B6D4A64--
0
UTF
6/4/2018 9:30:58 PM
On 6/4/18 16:46, Hartdonor wrote:
> At some point in my use of Thunderbird, it synced my entire address book
> to my contact list in Gmail, so I know it's possible.
>
> I just don't know how to make it happen manually.
>
> Is there a way to manually send your address book to Gmail? It would be
> really convenient if I could add email addresses in only one place.

gContactSync?

<https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/thunderbird/search/?q=gContactSync&appver=&platform=>

--
GO GOLDEN KNIGHTS!
Ubuntu 16.04LTS - Unity Desktop
Hartdonor wrote:

>At some point in my use of Thunderbird, it synced my entire address book
>to my contact list in Gmail, so I know it's possible.
>
>I just don't know how to make it happen manually.
>
>Is there a way to manually send your address book to Gmail? It would be
>really convenient if I could add email addresses in only one place.

Thanks to everyone who suggested gContactSync. I have no idea how all my
Thunderbird contacts initially arrived at my Google contact list, but the
add-on is reliable and well done.

Unfortunately, it says it only works up to Thunderbird 59, so we'll see
if it's any good with the next Tbird release.