strange compartmental loading of TB?

Hi all,

I have a question: on all Lubuntu Linux derivates, I see a strange
behaviour with Thunderbird. When opening Thunderbird it opens in 3
stages: the window itself, after this the left side of the window and at
last the right side of it. It does this really quickly but also
noticable and annoying if you see Thunderbird opening on some other
Linux DE very fluently.

I have proprietary drivers installed and still the same. It is also not
that I have many emailboxes or many emails because I use IMAP so that is
not the case. Also same system with other DE opens Thunderbird fluently
and smooth.

Is there a solution for it? It is annoying to see Thunderbird straggle
on a 2500K cpu with 8Gb RAM and ssd system :)
--
sean nathan bean
  ~ requires all to bring us a shrubbery!

"The purpose of life, is to be happy."
       ~ Dalai Lama XIV

"Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be."
       ~ Abraham Lincoln
0
sean
7/3/2018 8:16:47 PM
mozilla.support.thunderbird 22485 articles. 4 followers. Post Follow

On 7/3/2018 4:16 PM, sean wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have a question: on all Lubuntu Linux derivates, I see a strange
> behaviour with Thunderbird. When opening Thunderbird it opens in 3
> stages: the window itself, after this the left side of the window and at
> last the right side of it. It does this really quickly but also
> noticable and annoying if you see Thunderbird opening on some other
> Linux DE very fluently.
>
> I have proprietary drivers installed and still the same. It is also not
> that I have many emailboxes or many emails because I use IMAP so that is
> not the case. Also same system with other DE opens Thunderbird fluently
> and smooth.
>
> Is there a solution for it? It is annoying to see Thunderbird straggle
> on a 2500K cpu with 8Gb RAM and ssd system :)

try beta https://www.thunderbird.net/en-US/channel/
0
Wayne