sent messages going to draft folder?

I have checked the account settings and mail filters to no avail but the
sent mail is keeping a copy in my drafts folder. this started two weeks
ago...using Thunderbird 52.4.0 (32-bit)
0
prof
11/12/2017 9:02:51 PM
mozilla.support.thunderbird 22129 articles. 2 followers. Post Follow

Em 12-11-2017 19:02, prof Johnson PHD escreveu:
> I have checked the account settings and mail filters to no avail but the
> sent mail is keeping a copy in my drafts folder. this started two weeks
> ago...using Thunderbird 52.4.0 (32-bit)

I do not know why, but some drafts are kept in that folder even for
messages that were finished and sent and saved in sent folder
successfully. They are not many, but there are more than I imagined.

That happening is *much* better than what Thunderbird did with me
yesterday: I sent a message, Thunderbird crashed before saving it in the
sent folder, and I do not have that message copy anymore, in sent
folder. I am sure that it was delivered because I received an answer...
but my sent folder does not have that message I sent!
0
Balaco
--------------9E006E02B04DE24D8D6DF691

On 12/11/2017 21:02, prof Johnson PHD wrote:
> I have checked the account settings and mail filters to no avail but
> the sent mail is keeping a copy in my drafts folder. this started two
> weeks ago...using Thunderbird 52.4.0 (32-bit)

Best thing is to repair the Draft folder.  This solves most things in
real life.  To repair a folder,  right click on it and then choose
Properties and click on Repair Folder button.

This should work in most cases.

--
With over 500 million devices now running Windows 10, customer

--------------9E006E02B04DE24D8D6DF691

  <head>
  </head>
      wrote:<br>
cite="mid:mailman.2138.1510520607.16832.support-thunderbird@lists.mozilla.org">I
      have checked the account settings and mail filters to no avail but
      the sent mail is keeping a copy in my drafts folder. this started
      two weeks ago...using Thunderbird 52.4.0 (32-bit)
    Best thing is to repair the Draft folder.  This solves most things
    in real life.  To repair a folder,  right click on it and then
    choose Properties and click on Repair Folder button.<br>
    This should work in most cases.<br>
        yellow;font-weight: bolder; font-size:150%; text-align: center;
        margin: 30px 5px 30px 5px;">With over 500 million devices now
        running Windows 10, customer satisfaction is higher than any
        previous version of windows.</div>

--------------9E006E02B04DE24D8D6DF691--
0
Good
11/12/2017 10:27:28 PM
On 2017-11-12 16:40, Balaco wrote:
> Em 12-11-2017 19:02, prof Johnson PHD escreveu:
>> I have checked the account settings and mail filters to no avail but the
>> sent mail is keeping a copy in my drafts folder. this started two weeks
>> ago...using Thunderbird 52.4.0 (32-bit)
>
> I do not know why, but some drafts are kept in that folder even for
> messages that were finished and sent and saved in sent folder
> successfully. They are not many, but there are more than I imagined.
>
> That happening is *much* better than what Thunderbird did with me
> yesterday: I sent a message, Thunderbird crashed before saving it in the
> sent folder, and I do not have that message copy anymore, in sent
> folder. I am sure that it was delivered because I received an answer...
> but my sent folder does not have that message I sent!

To ensure you have a copy, set Tbird to send a copy to yourself.

--
Wolf K
kirkwood40.blogspot.com
On 11/12/2017 1:02 PM, prof Johnson PHD wrote:
> I have checked the account settings and mail filters to no avail but the
> sent mail is keeping a copy in my drafts folder. this started two weeks
> ago...using Thunderbird 52.4.0 (32-bit)

Is this for a message that you saved as a draft, in order to finish
composing it later?  Or is this for a message that Thunderbird
automatically saved in your draft folder because you are taking a long
time composing it?

--
David E. Ross
<http://www.rossde.com/>

Am I the only one who noticed the following?
*  President Trump issued executive orders
   that increase health-care costs.
*  The Republicans in Congress propose to
   eliminate itemized deductions for
   health-care costs.
0
David
11/12/2017 10:52:55 PM
On 11/12/2017 5:27 PM, Good Guy wrote:
> On 12/11/2017 21:02, prof Johnson PHD wrote:
>> I have checked the account settings and mail filters to no avail but
>> the sent mail is keeping a copy in my drafts folder. this started two
>> weeks ago...using Thunderbird 52.4.0 (32-bit)
>
> Best thing is to repair the Draft folder.  This solves most things in
> real life.  To repair a folder,  right click on it and then choose
> Properties and click on Repair Folder button.
>
> This should work in most cases.
>

> --
> With over 500 million devices now running Windows 10, customer
> satisfaction is higher than any previous version of windows.

Thank you for the reply I forgot to mention that I deleted the MSF files
and nothing changed but after closing Thunderbird I restarted it and and
replied to several emails and all seems to be working again...
0
prof
11/12/2017 10:58:02 PM
Em 12-11-2017 20:42, Wolf K escreveu:
> On 2017-11-12 16:40, Balaco wrote:
>> Em 12-11-2017 19:02, prof Johnson PHD escreveu:
>>> I have checked the account settings and mail filters to no avail but the
>>> sent mail is keeping a copy in my drafts folder. this started two weeks
>>> ago...using Thunderbird 52.4.0 (32-bit)
>>
>> I do not know why, but some drafts are kept in that folder even for
>> messages that were finished and sent and saved in sent folder
>> successfully. They are not many, but there are more than I imagined.
>>
>> That happening is *much* better than what Thunderbird did with me
>> yesterday: I sent a message, Thunderbird crashed before saving it in
>> the sent folder, and I do not have that message copy anymore, in sent
>> folder. I am sure that it was delivered because I received an
>> answer... but my sent folder does not have that message I sent!
>
> To ensure you have a copy, set Tbird to send a copy to yourself.

I have done that when I was having connection problems with a server.
But we will not do it for most messages, right? THat was not the case,
and the message is lost unless I ask the receiver do send me an attached
copy.

0
Balaco
11/13/2017 12:21:16 AM
On 2017-11-12 19:21, Balaco wrote:
> Em 12-11-2017 20:42, Wolf K escreveu:
>>>
>>> I do not know why, but some drafts are kept in that folder even for
>>> messages that were finished and sent and saved in sent folder
>>> successfully. They are not many, but there are more than I imagined.
>>>
>>> That happening is *much* better than what Thunderbird did with me
>>> yesterday: I sent a message, Thunderbird crashed before saving it in
>>> the sent folder, and I do not have that message copy anymore, in sent
>>> folder. I am sure that it was delivered because I received an
>>> answer... but my sent folder does not have that message I sent!
>>
>> To ensure you have a copy, set Tbird to send a copy to yourself.
>>

> I have done that when I was having connection problems with a server.
> But we will not do it for most messages, right? THat was not the case,
> and the message is lost unless I ask the receiver do send me an attached
> copy.

Also remember to Compact folders, because Delete & Move don't actually
remove anything.

--
Wolf K
kirkwood40.blogspot.com
"Wanted. Schrödinger’s Cat. Dead and Alive."
0
Wolf
11/13/2017 3:10:14 AM
Em 13-11-2017 01:10, Wolf K escreveu:
> On 2017-11-12 19:21, Balaco wrote:

>>> To ensure you have a copy, set Tbird to send a copy to yourself.
>>>

>> I have done that when I was having connection problems with a server.
>> But we will not do it for most messages, right? THat was not the case,
>> and the message is lost unless I ask the receiver do send me an
>> attached copy.
>
> Also remember to Compact folders, because Delete & Move don't actually
> remove anything.

I only compact them when something strange happens. Thank you for
remembering that. (:

0
Balaco