sending - HTML vs Plain Text triggers

A couple of inter-related Q&A - on Formatting -

#1 - I seem to recall something about sending replies based upon which
formatting was used in the orig message - but can't find that option ?

#2 - In looking at the Address Book entries,
there is an entry for a contact... at the bottom of their entry...
..... Prefers to receive messages formatted as -->
--> Unknown, HTML, Plain Text
Is this a totally manual entry setting ?

I have some outgoing Sent messages that are in Plain Text,
and some are in HTML - and can't figure out the trigger ?

0
PS56k
3/10/2017 2:02:18 PM
mozilla.support.thunderbird 22008 articles. 2 followers. Post Follow

On 3/10/17 9:02 AM, PS56k wrote:
> A couple of inter-related Q&A - on Formatting -
>
> #1 - I seem to recall something about sending replies based upon which
> formatting was used in the orig message - but can't find that option ?
>
> #2 - In looking at the Address Book entries,
> there is an entry for a contact... at the bottom of their entry...
> .... Prefers to receive messages formatted as -->
> --> Unknown, HTML, Plain Text
> Is this a totally manual entry setting ?
>
> I have some outgoing Sent messages that are in Plain Text,
> and some are in HTML - and can't figure out the trigger ?

Check your Send Options setting. Options > Composition > General Tab.

Coexist <https://www.coexist.org/>
Ubuntu 16.04LTS

0
WaltS48
3/10/2017 2:20:20 PM
PS56k wrote:
> I have some outgoing Sent messages that are in Plain Text,
> and some are in HTML - and can't figure out the trigger ?

You can configure any *account* compose to default to html or plaintext.
  If you want to use that account to send the 'other' you can hold the
shift key when you click to write or reply something.

Windows:
Tools/ Account settings/ L panel (choose which account) Composition and
addressing/ R panel check or uncheck html

And then there's the Address book each contact properties Prefers to
receive formatted as Unk Text Html.

--
Mike Easter
0