Reply message automatically starts on the bottom, can I set up to start it on the top of the conversation?

Every time when I reply a message, Reply text automatically starts on
the bottom of the email, while I'd like it to automatically jump to to
top of the page and not the bottom... Where can I set that up please?

Thanks,

Z.
mozilla.support.thunderbird 22506 articles. 5 followers. Post Follow

Z wrote:

> Every time when I reply a message, Reply text automatically starts on
> the bottom of the email, while I'd like it to automatically jump to to
> top of the page and not the bottom... Where can I set that up please?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Z.

Select your e-mail account and "View settings for this account."
Choose "Composition & Addressing" and under the checked box for
"Automatically quote the original message when replying" select
"start my reply below the quote."

     - Rich
0
Rich
1/4/2008 1:49:18 PM
Z wrote:
> Every time when I reply a message, Reply text automatically starts on
> the bottom of the email, while I'd like it to automatically jump to to
> top of the page and not the bottom... Where can I set that up please?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Z.

For these newsgroups, replying at the bottom is preferred; and in general, it
has the advantage of preserving the natural sequence of the conversation, not
as in:

Because you see the reply before the question.
Why is top-posting bad?

You can, however, customize it, separately for each mail or news account, in
the "Composition & Addressing" part of the settings for the concerned account.
(As I said, please don't change it for the news.mozilla.org account, so you'll
go on using bottom-posting for this account at least.)

Best regards,
Tony.
--
"You are old, Father William," the young man said,
	"All your papers these days look the same;

"In my youth," Father William replied to his son,
	"I wrote wonderful papers galore;
But the great reputation I found that I'd won,
	Made it pointless to think any more."
0
Tony
1/4/2008 1:51:46 PM
On 1/4/2008 5:51 AM, Tony Mechelynck wrote:
> Z wrote:
>> Every time when I reply a message, Reply text automatically starts on
>> the bottom of the email, while I'd like it to automatically jump to to
>> top of the page and not the bottom... Where can I set that up please?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Z.
>
> For these newsgroups, replying at the bottom is preferred; and in general, it
> has the advantage of preserving the natural sequence of the conversation, not
> as in:
>
> Because you see the reply before the question.
> Why is top-posting bad?
>
> You can, however, customize it, separately for each mail or news account, in
> the "Composition & Addressing" part of the settings for the concerned account.
> (As I said, please don't change it for the news.mozilla.org account, so you'll
> go on using bottom-posting for this account at least.)
>

> Best regards,
> Tony.

Note that some newsgroups outside of news.mozzila.org actually prefer
top-posting.  I generally bottom-post for newsgroups and top-post for
E-mail replies.

--

David E. Ross
<http://www.rossde.com/>