removing pop account?

--------------62684D085483AC27EC4368A5

Hi all,
using tb latest version on windows.
I have a pop account.
  when i go to the accounts action menu in account settings remove
account is grade out.
How can I remove the account linked to the local folders.
Once this is removed I'm looking to set up an imap account.

TIA.

I know I can remove tb and reinstall from fresh but that seems drastic.

--

Adam Morris
Jaws certified 2016

--------------62684D085483AC27EC4368A5

  <head>

  </head>
      using tb latest version on windows.<br>
      I have a pop account.<br>
       when i go to the accounts action menu in account settings remove
      account is grade out.<br>
      How can I remove the account linked to the local folders.<br>
      Once this is removed I'm looking to set up an imap account.<br>
      TIA.<br>
      I know I can remove tb and reinstall from fresh but that seems
      drastic.<br>
    <pre class="moz-signature" cols="72">--

Adam Morris
Jaws certified 2016
Email, iMessage &amp; FaceTime
<a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:adam@damorris.com">adam@damorris.com</a>
</pre>

--------------62684D085483AC27EC4368A5--
0
Adam
2/10/2018 6:41:28 AM
mozilla.support.thunderbird 22393 articles. 2 followers. Post Follow

--------------010000050004040800000003

On 10/02/2018 06:41, Adam Morris wrote:
> Hi all,
> using tb latest version on windows.
> I have a pop account.
>  when i go to the accounts action menu in account settings remove
> account is grade out.
> How can I remove the account linked to the local folders.
> Once this is removed I'm looking to set up an imap account.
>
> TIA.
>
> I know I can remove tb and reinstall from fresh but that seems drastic.

You need to click on the Account first >> then on View Settings for this
Account >> Then Account Actions

You are using _*Local folders*_ and so it is ALWAYS greyed out.

If you want to set up a IMAP account, then just create one without
removing anything.  When it is up and running, you can disable your pop
Account.

Alternative is to unlink the account from the Local Folders.

--------------010000050004040800000003

  <head>
  </head>
cite="mid:mailman.160.1518244924.2179.support-thunderbird@lists.mozilla.org"
      type="cite">
        using tb latest version on windows.<br>
        I have a pop account.<br>
         when i go to the accounts action menu in account settings
        remove account is grade out.<br>
        How can I remove the account linked to the local folders.<br>
        Once this is removed I'm looking to set up an imap account.<br>
        TIA.<br>
        I know I can remove tb and reinstall from fresh but that seems
        drastic.<br>
      <pre class="moz-signature" cols="72">
</pre>
    You need to click on the Account first &gt;&gt; then on View
    Settings for this Account &gt;&gt; Then Account Actions<br>
    greyed out.<br>
    If you want to set up a IMAP account, then just create one without
    removing anything.  When it is up and running, you can disable your
    pop Account.<br>
    Alternative is to unlink the account from the Local Folders.<br>
cite="mid:mailman.160.1518244924.2179.support-thunderbird@lists.mozilla.org"
      type="cite">
      <pre class="moz-signature" cols="72">
</pre>
          yellow;font-weight: bolder; font-size:150%; text-align:
          center; margin: 30px 5px 30px 5px;">With over 600 million
          devices now running Windows 10, customer satisfaction is
          higher than any previous version of windows.</div>

--------------010000050004040800000003--
0
Good
2/10/2018 6:53:34 AM
On 2/9/2018 10:41 PM, Adam Morris wrote:
> Hi all,
> using tb latest version on windows.
> I have a pop account.
> �when i go to the accounts action menu in account settings remove
> account is grade out.
> How can I remove the account linked to the local folders.
> Once this is removed I'm looking to set up an imap account.
>
> TIA.
>
> I know I can remove tb and reinstall from fresh but that seems drastic.

Windows 7
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:52.0) Gecko/20100101
	Thunderbird/52.6.0

The only time I see Remove Account disabled is when I first select Local
Folders and then Account Actions.  You cannot remove Local Folders.

--
David E. Ross
<http://www.rossde.com/>

President Trump:  Please stop using Twitter.  We need
to hear your voice and see you talking.  We need to know
when your message is really your own and not your attorney's.
0
David
2/10/2018 4:32:54 PM
On 2018-02-10 1:41 AM, Adam Morris wrote:
> Hi all,
> using tb latest version on windows.
> I have a pop account.
>   when i go to the accounts action menu in account settings remove
> account is grade out.
> How can I remove the account linked to the local folders.
> Once this is removed I'm looking to set up an imap account.
>
> TIA.
>
> I know I can remove tb and reinstall from fresh but that seems drastic.

If you're using a global inbox, the accounts should still appear
separately in the Account Settings window.

If you'd like to disable the global inbox for that account, so you can
review which messages are in that account, and copy them to another
account, select Server Settings panel of your POP account, then click on
[Advanced].
Set it to "Inbox for this account".

I also recommend that you add the IMAP account before removing the POP
account. IMAP and POP accounts are stored separately, so there's no need
to worry about one conflicting with the other.

--
Chris Ilias <http://ilias.ca>
Chris