Reliable Adblocker For T-Bird?

Well, is there?  uBlock seems to have gone the way of the dodo, nor have 
I seen even Adblock Plus in the usual suspects of T-bird addons.

-- 
Gryphons RAWK!
0
Revvie
5/14/2018 12:03:04 AM
mozilla.support.thunderbird 22506 articles. 4 followers. Post Follow

8 Replies
53 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 25

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--------------020406050103090600080501
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=utf-8; format=flowed
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

On 14/05/2018 01:03, Revvie Quar wrote:
>
> Well, is there?  uBlock seems to have gone the way of the dodo, nor 
> have I seen even Adblock Plus in the usual suspects of T-bird addons.
>

How about using a MVP's hosts file?  It blocks almost all ad sites known 
to us and more.

<http://winhelp2002.mvps.org/hosts.htm>




-- 
With over 600 million devices now running Windows 10, customer 
satisfaction is higher than any previous version of windows.

--------------020406050103090600080501
Content-Type: text/html; charset=utf-8
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

<html>
  <head>
    <meta content="text/html; charset=utf-8" http-equiv="Content-Type">
  </head>
  <body bgcolor="#FCFBE3" text="#000000">
    <div class="moz-cite-prefix">On 14/05/2018 01:03, Revvie Quar wrote:<br>
    </div>
    <blockquote
cite="mid:mailman.167.1526256216.2160.support-thunderbird@lists.mozilla.org"
      type="cite">
      <br>
      Well, is there?  uBlock seems to have gone the way of the dodo,
      nor have I seen even Adblock Plus in the usual suspects of T-bird
      addons.
      <br>
      <br>
    </blockquote>
    <br>
    How about using a MVP's hosts file?  It blocks almost all ad sites
    known to us and more.<br>
    <br>
    <a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E" href="http://winhelp2002.mvps.org/hosts.htm">&lt;http://winhelp2002.mvps.org/hosts.htm&gt;</a><br>
    <br>
    <br>
    <br>
    <br>
    <div class="moz-signature">-- <br>
      <div class="moz-signature">
        <div style="width: 330px; background-color: blue; color:
          yellow;font-weight: bolder; font-size:150%; text-align:
          center; margin: 30px 5px 30px 5px;">With over 600 million
          devices now running Windows 10, customer satisfaction is
          higher than any previous version of windows.</div>
      </div>
    </div>
  </body>
</html>

--------------020406050103090600080501--
0
Good
5/14/2018 2:07:06 AM
On 5/13/2018 21:07, Good Guy wrote:
> On 14/05/2018 01:03, Revvie Quar wrote:
>>
>> Well, is there?  uBlock seems to have gone the way of the dodo, nor 
>> have I seen even Adblock Plus in the usual suspects of T-bird addons.
>>
> 
> How about using a MVP's hosts file?  It blocks almost all ad sites known 
> to us and more.
> 
> <http://winhelp2002.mvps.org/hosts.htm>

I do, as one of the filters I employ with HostsMan, yet I still see ads, 
or ad-like graphics in some of my newsletters.

-- 
Gryphons RAWK!
0
Revvie
5/14/2018 2:12:26 AM
This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--------------030306060600010901040805
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=utf-8; format=flowed
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

On 14/05/2018 03:12, Revvie Quar wrote:
> On 5/13/2018 21:07, Good Guy wrote:
>> On 14/05/2018 01:03, Revvie Quar wrote:
>>>
>>> Well, is there?  uBlock seems to have gone the way of the dodo, nor 
>>> have I seen even Adblock Plus in the usual suspects of T-bird addons.
>>>
>>
>> How about using a MVP's hosts file?  It blocks almost all ad sites 
>> known to us and more.
>>
>> <http://winhelp2002.mvps.org/hosts.htm>
>
> I do, as one of the filters I employ with HostsMan, yet I still see 
> ads, or ad-like graphics in some of my newsletters.
>

Perhaps this might do the trick:

<https://addons.mozilla.org/en-GB/firefox/addon/adblock-plus/>

-- 
With over 600 million devices now running Windows 10, customer 
satisfaction is higher than any previous version of windows.

--------------030306060600010901040805
Content-Type: text/html; charset=utf-8
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

<html>
  <head>
    <meta content="text/html; charset=utf-8" http-equiv="Content-Type">
  </head>
  <body bgcolor="#FCFBE3" text="#000000">
    <div class="moz-cite-prefix">On 14/05/2018 03:12, Revvie Quar wrote:<br>
    </div>
    <blockquote
cite="mid:mailman.174.1526263977.2161.support-thunderbird@lists.mozilla.org"
      type="cite">On 5/13/2018 21:07, Good Guy wrote:
      <br>
      <blockquote type="cite">On 14/05/2018 01:03, Revvie Quar wrote:
        <br>
        <blockquote type="cite">
          <br>
          Well, is there?  uBlock seems to have gone the way of the
          dodo, nor have I seen even Adblock Plus in the usual suspects
          of T-bird addons.
          <br>
          <br>
        </blockquote>
        <br>
        How about using a MVP's hosts file?  It blocks almost all ad
        sites known to us and more.
        <br>
        <br>
        <a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E" href="http://winhelp2002.mvps.org/hosts.htm">&lt;http://winhelp2002.mvps.org/hosts.htm&gt;</a>
        <br>
      </blockquote>
      <br>
      I do, as one of the filters I employ with HostsMan, yet I still
      see ads, or ad-like graphics in some of my newsletters.
      <br>
      <br>
    </blockquote>
    <br>
    Perhaps this might do the trick:<br>
    <br>
    <a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E" href="https://addons.mozilla.org/en-GB/firefox/addon/adblock-plus/">&lt;https://addons.mozilla.org/en-GB/firefox/addon/adblock-plus/&gt;</a><br>
    <br>
    <div class="moz-signature">-- <br>
      <div class="moz-signature">
        <div style="width: 330px; background-color: blue; color:
          yellow;font-weight: bolder; font-size:150%; text-align:
          center; margin: 30px 5px 30px 5px;">With over 600 million
          devices now running Windows 10, customer satisfaction is
          higher than any previous version of windows.</div>
      </div>
    </div>
  </body>
</html>

--------------030306060600010901040805--
0
Good
5/14/2018 2:17:45 AM
On 5/13/2018 7:17 PM, Good Guy wrote:
> On 14/05/2018 03:12, Revvie Quar wrote:
>> On 5/13/2018 21:07, Good Guy wrote:
>>> On 14/05/2018 01:03, Revvie Quar wrote:
>>>>
>>>> Well, is there?  uBlock seems to have gone the way of the dodo, nor 
>>>> have I seen even Adblock Plus in the usual suspects of T-bird addons.
>>>>
>>>
>>> How about using a MVP's hosts file?  It blocks almost all ad sites 
>>> known to us and more.
>>>
>>> <http://winhelp2002.mvps.org/hosts.htm>
>>
>> I do, as one of the filters I employ with HostsMan, yet I still see 
>> ads, or ad-like graphics in some of my newsletters.
>>
> 
> Perhaps this might do the trick:
> 
> <https://addons.mozilla.org/en-GB/firefox/addon/adblock-plus/>

Revvie mentioned ABP already in his OP. ;)
-- 
:) Ma's Day esp. queen ants!
Note: A fixed width font (Courier, Monospace, etc.) is required to see 
this signature correctly.
    /\___/\            If crediting, then use Ant nickname and URL/link.
   / /\ /\ \            Axe ANT from its address if e-mailing privately.
  | |o   o| |        http://antfarm.ma.cx / http://antfarm.home.dhs.org
     \ _ /
      ( )
0
Ant
5/14/2018 4:00:00 AM
*-* On Sun, 13 May 2018, at 19:03:04 -0500,
*-* In Article 
<mailman.167.1526256216.2160.support-thunderbird@lists.mozilla.org>,
*-* Revvie Quar wrote
*-* About Reliable Adblocker For T-Bird?

> Well, is there?  uBlock seems to have gone the way of the dodo, nor
> have I seen even Adblock Plus in the usual suspects of T-bird
> addons.

<https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/adblock-plus/versions/2.9.1>

It appears to be the last version that also worked with SeaMonkey and
Thunderbird (51.0 - 57.0).

                                         Ken Whiton
-- 
     FIDO: 1:132/152
InterNet: kenwhiton@surfglobal.net.INVAL (remove the obvious to reply)
0
Ken
5/14/2018 7:44:07 AM
T24gU3VuLCAxMyBNYXkgMjAxOCAxOTowMzowNCAtMDUwMCwgUmV2dmllIFF1YXIgPFJldnZpZVF1
YXJAWWFob28uY29tPg0Kd3JvdGU6DQoNCj4NCj5XZWxsLCBpcyB0aGVyZT8gIHVCbG9jayBzZWVt
cyB0byBoYXZlIGdvbmUgdGhlIHdheSBvZiB0aGUgZG9kbywgbm9yIGhhdmUgDQo+SSBzZWVuIGV2
ZW4gQWRibG9jayBQbHVzIGluIHRoZSB1c3VhbCBzdXNwZWN0cyBvZiBULWJpcmQgYWRkb25zLg0K
DQpZb3UgbWlnaHQgY29uc2lkZXIgdUJsb2NrIE9yaWdpbi4NCg0KaHR0cHM6Ly9naXRodWIuY29t
L2dvcmhpbGwvdUJsb2NrDQoNCkNoZWVycw0K
0
Bob
5/14/2018 5:24:25 PM
On 14/05/18 04:12, Revvie Quar via support-thunderbird wrote:
> On 5/13/2018 21:07, Good Guy wrote:
>> On 14/05/2018 01:03, Revvie Quar wrote:
>>>
>>> Well, is there?  uBlock seems to have gone the way of the dodo, nor
>>> have I seen even Adblock Plus in the usual suspects of T-bird addons.
>>>
>>
>> How about using a MVP's hosts file?  It blocks almost all ad sites
>> known to us and more.
>>
>> <http://winhelp2002.mvps.org/hosts.htm>
>
> I do, as one of the filters I employ with HostsMan, yet I still see
> ads, or ad-like graphics in some of my newsletters.
>
Just don't allow remote content in messages. It should be the dafault
setting in Preferences -> Privacy.

If you have a RaspberryPi laying around, you could also use Pi-Hole.
https://pi-hole.net/

If the graphics are still there, then they are embedded in the message
and an adblocker won't help you with that.

0
Thomas
5/14/2018 5:38:09 PM
On 5/14/2018 12:24, Bob Main wrote:
> On Sun, 13 May 2018 19:03:04 -0500, Revvie Quar <RevvieQuar@Yahoo.com>
> wrote:
> 
>>
>> Well, is there?  uBlock seems to have gone the way of the dodo, nor have
>> I seen even Adblock Plus in the usual suspects of T-bird addons.
> 
> You might consider uBlock Origin.
> 
> https://github.com/gorhill/uBlock

And that is to where I was led in another NG where I found a legacy 
version of it which successfully installed in T-bird.

Oh joy, oh rapture!  Just for what I was looking.

-- 
Gryphons RAWK!
0
Revvie
5/14/2018 9:47:59 PM
Reply: