helped me.

0
UTF
1/4/2018 12:59:01 AM
mozilla.support.thunderbird 22394 articles. 2 followers. Post Follow

On 2018-01-03 19:59, Alexander M�lberg wrote:
> Hi, my name is Alexander M�lberg. I had a prroblem with SMTP in the
> beggining and made a huge misstake. I created one new account with the
> same email address and it became two, afterwards i wanted to delete one
> of them, but when i deleted one of these, both of them dissapeared like
> all my emails. I tried different ways to recreate the emails, used
> Notepad++ and recreated the account, but it did not succeed.

They may still be in your Thunderbird Profile.

> Thats why i
> need your help to recover about 800 old emails that dissapiared, online
> says they should be in your archive.

If you read "Thunderbird Archive" as  referring to some online server,
you're mistaken. The Thunderbird Archive is a folder in your Profile
that you create like this:

right-click on message header - choose Archive.

That message will be stored in Archive.

> You would be very helpful if you
> helped me.

If they aren't in your Profile, I suspect they're gone forever. You may
be able to recover them if your email provider has a web site for
accessing email.

Good luck.

--
Wolf K
kirkwood40.blogspot.com
On 1/4/2018 9:21 AM, Wolf K wrote:
> On 2018-01-03 19:59, Alexander Mälberg wrote:
>> Hi, my name is Alexander Mälberg. I had a prroblem with SMTP in the
>> beggining and made a huge misstake. I created one new account with the
>> same email address and it became two, afterwards i wanted to delete
>> one of them, but when i deleted one of these, both of them dissapeared
>> like all my emails. I tried different ways to recreate the emails,
>> used Notepad++ and recreated the account, but it did not succeed.
>
> They may still be in your Thunderbird Profile.
>
>> Thats why i need your help to recover about 800 old emails that
>> dissapiared, online says they should be in your archive.
>
> If you read "Thunderbird Archive" as  referring to some online server,
> you're mistaken. The Thunderbird Archive is a folder in your Profile
> that you create like this:
>
> right-click on message header - choose Archive.
>
> That message will be stored in Archive.
>
>> You would be very helpful if you helped me.
>
> If they aren't in your Profile, I suspect they're gone forever. You may
> be able to recover them if your email provider has a web site for
> accessing email.
>
> Good luck.

I agree with the above unless you have physically made a backup of your
profile.

There is one other way you could "safely" loose your email.   In Help,
Troubleshooting Information;  is the profile that TB is using, the one
you think it is using?

Sometimes for various reasons a new profile may be corrected.   If so
copy the Profile Folder and the Profile.ini file from your old profile
to the new one.
0
Keith