Portable T-bird and updating

Hi,

I haven't gotten around yet to installing a portable version of
Thunderbird to my USB drive. There doesn't seem to be any portable TB
1.5 release available yet, except RC1.

I guess there might be one coming up, but haven't seen any indications
to when.

Does anyone happen to know how updating the portable versions work?
Would I e. g. be well adviced to just go get the 1.5 RC1 and update it
to the release version from there?

Some relevant things I've found on the subject so far:
http://portablethunderbird.mozdev.org/
http://johnhaller.com/jh/mozilla/portable_thunderbird/support/#upgrading
http://software.u3.com/Product_Details.aspx?ProductId=46&Selection=1

TIA, BR,
Gudmumd
0
Gudmund
1/12/2006 11:35:17 AM
mozilla.support.thunderbird 21975 articles. 2 followers. Post Follow

Gudmund Areskoug wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I haven't gotten around yet to installing a portable version of
> Thunderbird to my USB drive. There doesn't seem to be any portable TB
> 1.5 release available yet, except RC1.
>
> I guess there might be one coming up, but haven't seen any indications
> to when.
>
> Does anyone happen to know how updating the portable versions work?
> Would I e. g. be well adviced to just go get the 1.5 RC1 and update it
> to the release version from there?
>
> Some relevant things I've found on the subject so far:
> http://portablethunderbird.mozdev.org/
> http://johnhaller.com/jh/mozilla/portable_thunderbird/support/#upgrading
> http://software.u3.com/Product_Details.aspx?ProductId=46&Selection=1
>
> TIA, BR,
> Gudmumd

If you install PTB 1.5 and run it, the auto updater will update it. John
is usually pretty prompt about updating PTB when a new release comes
out, so take a look at his site later today or tomorrow.

Lee

--
Leonidas Jones, Mozilla Champion
Learn about the Champs!  http://mozillachampions.ufaq.org
Leonidas Jones wrote:
> Gudmund Areskoug wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I haven't gotten around yet to installing a portable version of
>> Thunderbird to my USB drive. There doesn't seem to be any portable TB
>> 1.5 release available yet, except RC1.
>>
>> I guess there might be one coming up, but haven't seen any indications
>> to when.
>>
>> Does anyone happen to know how updating the portable versions work?
>> Would I e. g. be well adviced to just go get the 1.5 RC1 and update it
>> to the release version from there?
>>
>> Some relevant things I've found on the subject so far:
>> http://portablethunderbird.mozdev.org/
>> http://johnhaller.com/jh/mozilla/portable_thunderbird/support/#upgrading
>> http://software.u3.com/Product_Details.aspx?ProductId=46&Selection=1
>>
>> TIA, BR,
>> Gudmumd
>>
> If you install PTB 1.5 and run it, the auto updater will update it. John
> is usually pretty prompt about updating PTB when a new release comes
> out, so take a look at his site later today or tomorrow.
>
> Lee

I'm glad to hear it. Thanks, Lee!

BR,
Gudmund
0
Gudmund

T. Bird to T. Bird
How do I move messages from one instillation of Thunderbird to one on another machine? I moved mail.jar to the new Chrome folder....nothing. I don't see an import option from Thunderbird. Help??? Ed_M wrote: > How do I move messages from one instillation of Thunderbird to one on > another machine? I moved mail.jar to the new Chrome folder....nothing. I > don't see an import option from Thunderbird. Help??? > > see this link : http://kb.mozillazine.org/Migrating_settings_to_a_new_profile Ed_M wrote: > How do I move messages from one insti...

T-Bird to T-Bird transfers.
Name: Mark Pelczarski Email: markpatmagictreedotcom Product: Thunderbird Summary: T-Bird to T-Bird transfers. Comments: Posted here: http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?t=554058 Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.3) Gecko/20070309 Firefox/2.0.0.3 ...

Does T-bird work with servers which don't support newnews?
Some servers do not support newnews command. Do Thunderbird work with those servers? How does it get around with the restriction? On Fri, 08 Apr 2005 18:57:47 -0400, in message <d3729d$c6s2@ripley.netscape.com>, John Smith wrote: > Some servers do not support newnews command. Do Thunderbird work > with those servers? How does it get around with the restriction? You could ask the same question of any newsreader. As far as I know, Thunderbird does not use NEWNEWS at all. Most newsreaders get new headers by using the XOVER command, keeping track of the old & new...

T-Bird NNTP reader doesn't really update
Maybe it's me. But ... I have Thunderbird set to check GRC new group every 5 minutes. I have the named area "GRC" opened, not collapsed. I sit here looking at and responding to email in various "Lists" located physically above the GRC newsgroup. I never see 2's and 4's and 1's to the right of, for example, grc.techtalk or grc.test ... indicative of new postings to various newsgroups ... .... until I place the cursor ON the line containing the subscribed name, grc.techtalk in this example .... and THEN I see , in the lower left of the window, t...

keeps making me download update, but, update doesn't work, makes me download update, update doesn't work..................
Name: donald davis Email: galenachefatyahoodotcom Product: Firefox Summary: keeps making me download update, but, update doesn't work, makes me download update, update doesn't work.................. Comments: That's pretty much the whole deal. An update screen pops up, I update, the update doesn't take and the next time I use firefox mozilla the same thing happens over and over and over. Thanks Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.3) Gecko/20070309 Firefox/2.0.0.4 ...

update didn't completely install, now I can't open Thunderbird
Name: dave jones Email: dkj1969_at_gmail.com Product: Thunderbird Summary: update didn't completely install, now I can't open Thunderbird Comments: First of all, I'm not sure this is the correct place to send this. I checked the FAQ and didn't find an answer to my question/problem so here I am. I got a message tonight that there were updates. I told it to go ahead, it was supposedly done. I then tried to open Thunderbird - I get an error message "A previous install did not complete. finishing install. It has been saying that for the past 10 minutes ...

Moving / merging emails from T-bird to T-bird
I have two computers and want to copy / merge the emails from one installation of Mozilla Thunderbird to another, but it seems emails can ony be imported from other programmes - anyone know how it can be done? Rich80105 wrote on 12/3/2014 10:04 PM: > I have two computers and want to copy / merge the emails from one > installation of Mozilla Thunderbird to another, but it seems emails > can ony be imported from other programmes - anyone know how it can be > done? > Well, not quite enough info. The best way to keep email accounts in sync on differing systems is to...

Thunderbird 3 Update doesn't work for me. Can't go back to previous version!
Name: Andy Product: Thunderbird Summary: Thunderbird 3 Update doesn't work for me. Can't go back to previous version! Comments: Since updating my very acceptable previous version of Thunderbird, I can no longer us it- even after downloading the latest version. Unfortunately, for me I now have to use Outlook Express! So much for 'open source' since this is the second time I've brought it to your attention and many other people report the same problems. Perhaps your software is only designed for developers :-) Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Window...

When I permit an e-mail sender after T-Bird suspects it why can't T-Bird keep track?
Name: Everett Hutchinson Email: everetthutchinsonatcomcastdotnet Product: Thunderbird Summary: When I permit an e-mail sender after T-Bird suspects it why can't T-Bird keep track? Comments: ? Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.5) Gecko/20070713 Firefox/2.0.0.5 ...

Thunderbird and Thunderbird portable
Hi I use thunderbird on my home computer but travel to other friends and family and would like to use thunderbird portable Pleas can someone give an idiot proff step by step on how to transfer my account settings etc to my U3 usb Thanks On 4/23/2009 10:16 AM, user@domain.invalid wrote: > Hi I use thunderbird on my home computer but travel to other friends and > family and would like to use thunderbird portable Pleas can someone give > an idiot proff step by step on how to transfer my account settings etc > to my U3 usb > > Thanks See: http://kb.mozillazin...

Latest update has wrecked my Thunderbird portable
Name: Bert Harris Email: bharris_2atyahoodotcom Product: Thunderbird Summary: Latest update has wrecked my Thunderbird portable Comments: Is there any way to uninstall an update? I am running Thunderbird Portable with the Lightning ad on. Last night I did the update and it has really messed up my program. It displays a calender view to the left of my folder view that I cannot close. The calender in not functional in that it just displays a blank page with only the days of the week at the top and no dates. It does not list the month, nor can I change views from day to week or...

using update function in thunderbird portable?!
Hi, I am afraid of using the update function in thunderbird portable. As I know the update will be downloaded from mozilla update server. The problem is that the folder structure of the portable version isn't equal with the desktop version. This will damage the installation. I don't know how to update safely without waiting till the new portable version will be released. This takes sometime much time. Any ideas? Any help? Thanks in advance. Spiderman said the following On 05/02/2008 03:53 PM: > Hi, > > I am afraid of using the update function in thunderbird...

Can't update Thunderbird
Name: Anders Rognes Email: AndersdotRognesatbroadparkdotno Product: Thunderbird Summary: Can't update Thunderbird Comments: I've got an automatic update, but apparently something does't work. Now I have downloaded the softe yet again and tried to reinstall. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; nb-NO; rv:1.8.1.4) Gecko/20070515 Firefox/2.0.0.4 ...

Thunderbird won't update
I am running Thunderbird 3.0.6 for the last few months I keep getting an updated version, It ask me if I want to update and say yes, and get some kind of an error saying it cannot complete the installation, what do I need to do to get the update to work. Chet On 16/12/2010 7:21 PM, chet wrote: > I am running Thunderbird 3.0.6 for the last few months I keep getting an > updated version, It ask me if I want to update and say yes, and get some > kind of an error saying it cannot complete the installation, what do I > need to do to get the update to work. > >...

Web resources about - Portable T-bird and updating - mozilla.support.thunderbird

Portable engine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A portable engine, preserved at the museum in Blankenhain Castle , Germany . The chimney has been folded-down, ready for transporting the engine ...

PNP - Portable North Pole 2015 on the App Store
Read reviews, compare customer ratings, see screenshots, and learn more about PNP - Portable North Pole 2015. Download PNP - Portable North Pole ...

Speck unveils the ultra-portable Pocket VR viewer compatible with iPhone
... news on iOS Devices , iPhone , and Virtual reality continue reading at 9to5Mac . What do you think? Discuss "Speck unveils the ultra-portable ...

SCOSCHE announces goBAT 12000 Rugged portable backup battery
... battery packs are so popular nowadays. Hell, even Apple recently released a battery case. Today, SCOSCHE announces the goBAT 12000 Rugged portable ...

Amazon’s sale on this 18,000mAh portable charger is too good to pass up
Get a portable phone charger that is small, compact and powerful and will keep your smart device charged while you're away from home and on the ...

This Redmond-built portable satellite is about to change the way the maritime industry communicates
Redmond-based satellite technology company Kymeta on Wednesday announced a deal with Panasonic Avionics Corp. to bring the startup’s lightweight ...

Amazon will release a portable version of its hybrid speaker and digital butler, 'Echo'
Amazon will soon release a portable version of Echo, its Wifi speaker that responds to voice commands, according to The Wall Street Journal. ...

Samsung Releases Bigger, Yet More Rugged Tiny Portable T3 SSDs
Last year, Samsung released the SSD T1 , a tiny external solid state drive packing in a lot more storage than your average flash drive — 250 ...

Report: Amazon Debuting Cheaper, Portable Echo Speaker Soon
Amazon is reportedly getting ready to expand the Echo Speaker family, with plans to debut a new, smaller, cheaper, and portable version of the ...

Powerful portable battery pack charges in 18 minutes flat
LAS VEGAS The makers of a powerful new battery pack called the iTron claim it can be fully charged to 9,000 mAh in an astonishing 18 minutes. ...