Odd behavior by one e-mail account

I use TB 52.3.0 to handle over 10 e-mail accounts and all, except one, behave as expected. The odd one, however, downloads the headers in the inbox /every/ time I open the mail folder. I have not found any difference in setting for this e-mail account but obviously something must be different.

What should I check?

mozilla.support.thunderbird 22086 articles. 2 followers. Post Follow

On 10/09/2017 04:24 AM, H wrote:

> I use TB 52.3.0 [...]
  Which OS? Which email protocol?

--
James Moe
jmm-list at sohnen-moe dot com

On October 9, 2017 2:44:59 PM EDT, James Moe <jimoeDESPAMMZ@sohnen-moe=2Eco=
m> wrote:
>On 10/09/2017 04:24 AM, H wrote:
>>
>> I use TB 52=2E3=2E0 [=2E=2E=2E]
>>
>  Which OS? Which email protocol?
>
>--=20
>James Moe
>jmm-list at sohnen-moe dot com
>Think=2E

Linux and imap=2E
------2CEZP8BPCWCQIQUQ51JSLM2FDFLGQ0

:59 PM EDT, James Moe &lt;jimoeDESPAMMZ@sohnen-moe=2Ecom&gt; wrote:<blockqu=
ote class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin: 0pt 0pt 0pt 0=2E8ex; border-left=
: 1px solid rgb(204, 204, 204); padding-left: 1ex;">
<pre class=3D"k9mail">On 10/09/2017 04:24 AM, H wrote:<br /><blockquote cl=
ass=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin: 0pt 0pt 1ex 0=2E8ex; border-left: 1px =
solid #729fcf; padding-left: 1ex;"><br /> I use TB 52=2E3=2E0 [=2E=2E=2E]</=
On 10/09/2017 04:24 AM, H wrote:

> The odd one, however, downloads the headers in the inbox /every/ time I open the mail folder.

  I am not clear what "downloads the headers" is about. Would you be
more specific about the behavior?
  What are the folder's and account's Synchronization settings?

--
James Moe
jmm-list at sohnen-moe dot com
Think.
0
James
10/10/2017 9:03:57 PM
I have the same on win10 with imap. I start tb then 24000 messages are downloaded (sync set to keep messaged lpcally). Nect time i restart tb it dpwnlpds them again.

Makes TB unusable in mobile Connection. Delete the global Sqlite db or what could help?
0
opto
10/11/2017 5:20:31 PM
What seems to have helped is repairing the inbox. Now it does no longer download all messages, and they are available offline.

highlight inbox, rightclick, properties, repair.

Beware, that kills/removes all tags (at least did a few TB versions ago).
0
opto
--------------080904050409010809090404

On 11/10/2017 18:20, opto wrote:
> I have the same on win10 with imap. I start tb then 24000 messages are downloaded (sync set to keep messaged lpcally). Nect time i restart tb it dpwnlpds them again.
>
> Makes TB unusable in mobile Connection. Delete the global Sqlite db or what could help?

Have you tried creating a new TB profile to see if it works as expected
in that new profile?

I am not sure about your 24,000 messages whether they are already
downloaded or are they being downloaded slowly but I have seen in Yahoo
and Outlook (Microsoft's outlook.com account) that if you have so many
messages on the server (24,000 is too many IMO) then TB will download
few messages immediately so that the user can get on with the work and
other messages are downloaded in its own time in the background.  Also,
this happens when you have checked the box to indicate TB to download
messages for off-line use.

--
With over 500 million devices now running Windows 10, customer

--------------080904050409010809090404

  <head>
  </head>
cite="mid:mailman.1204.1507748654.16833.support-thunderbird@lists.mozilla.org"
      type="cite">
      <pre wrap="">I have the same on win10 with imap. I start tb then 24000 messages are downloaded (sync set to keep messaged lpcally). Nect time i restart tb it dpwnlpds them again.

Makes TB unusable in mobile Connection. Delete the global Sqlite db or what could help?
</pre>
    Have you tried creating a new TB profile to see if it works as
    expected in that new profile?<br>
    I am not sure about your 24,000 messages whether they are already
    downloaded or are they being downloaded slowly but I have seen in
    Yahoo and Outlook (Microsoft's outlook.com account) that if you have
    so many messages on the server (24,000 is too many IMO) then TB will
    download few messages immediately so that the user can get on with
    the work and other messages are downloaded in its own time in the
    background.  Also, this happens when you have checked the box to
    indicate TB to download messages for off-line use.<br>
          yellow;font-weight: bolder; font-size:150%; text-align:
          center; margin: 30px 5px 30px 5px;">With over 500 million
          devices now running Windows 10, customer satisfaction is
          higher than any previous version of windows.</div>

--------------080904050409010809090404--
0
Good
10/12/2017 12:28:32 AM
------ZEWOXWF2G8B1YZENHAGHHB7239G4YJ

On October 12, 2017 2:28:32 AM GMT+02:00, Good Guy <hello=2Eworld@example=
=2Ecom> wrote:
>On 11/10/2017 18:20, opto wrote:
>> I have the same on win10 with imap=2E I start tb then 24000 messages
>are downloaded (sync set to keep messaged lpcally)=2E Nect time i restart
>tb it dpwnlpds them again=2E
>>
>> Makes TB unusable in mobile Connection=2E Delete the global Sqlite db
>or what could help?
>
>Have you tried creating a new TB profile to see if it works as expected
>
>in that new profile?
>
>I am not sure about your 24,000 messages whether they are already=20
>downloaded or are they being downloaded slowly but I have seen in Yahoo
>
>and Outlook (Microsoft's outlook=2Ecom account) that if you have so many=
=20
>messages on the server (24,000 is too many IMO) then TB will download=20
>few messages immediately so that the user can get on with the work and=20
>other messages are downloaded in its own time in the background=2E  Also,
>
>this happens when you have checked the box to indicate TB to download=20
>messages for off-line use=2E
>

>--=20
>With over 500 million devices now running Windows 10, customer=20
>satisfaction is higher than any previous version of windows=2E

Op states it downloads the same messages again - same problem another user=
 and I described=2E
------ZEWOXWF2G8B1YZENHAGHHB7239G4YJ

e" />
 =20
  </head><body bgcolor=3D"#F9F7ED" text=3D"#000000"><div class=3D"gmail_qu=
ote">On October 12, 2017 2:28:32 AM GMT+02:00, Good Guy &lt;<a href=3D"http=
://hello=2Eworld">hello=2Eworld</a>@example=2Ecom&gt; wrote:<blockquote cla=
ss=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin: 0pt 0pt 0pt 0=2E8ex; border-left: 1px s=
olid rgb(204, 204, 204); padding-left: 1ex;">

 =20
thunderbird@lists=2Emozilla=2Eorg" type=3D"cite">
      <pre wrap=3D"">I have the same on win10 with imap=2E I start tb then=
 24000 messages are downloaded (sync set to keep messaged lpcally)=2E Nect =
time i restart tb it dpwnlpds them again=2E

Makes TB unusable in mobile Connection=2E Delete the global Sqlite db or w=
hat could help?
</pre>
    Have you tried creating a new TB profile to see if it works as
    expected in that new profile?<br />
    I am not sure about your 24,000 messages whether they are already
    downloaded or are they being downloaded slowly but I have seen in
    Yahoo and Outlook (Microsoft's outlook=2Ecom account) that if you have
    so many messages on the server (24,000 is too many IMO) then TB will
    download few messages immediately so that the user can get on with
    the work and other messages are downloaded in its own time in the
    background=2E&nbsp; Also, this happens when you have checked the box t=
    indicate TB to download messages for off-line use=2E<br />
    yellow;font-weight: bolder; font-size:150%; text-align:            cent=
er; margin: 30px 5px 30px 5px;">With over 500 million
          devices now running Windows 10, customer satisfaction is
          higher than any previous version of windows=2E</div>
 =20
ges again - same problem another user and I described=2E</body></html>
------ZEWOXWF2G8B1YZENHAGHHB7239G4YJ--