MP.
0
latek18
4/5/2018 1:36:39 PM
mozilla.support.thunderbird 22468 articles. 4 followers. Post Follow

On 2018-04-05 09:36, latek18@gmail.com wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I cannot find a addon to notify me if mail is not arrive (is not incoming) to me in specific time line.
>
> I should receive every week 40x raports. I try to find a way to check what report are not send to me.
>
> Best Regards
> MP.

I don't know of any such add-on for Thunderbird, but your sender(s)
should be able to store a standard "not sent yet" template, and send the
email when needed.

Best,

--
Wolf K
kirkwood40.blogspot.com
From: Jigme Datse Yli-Rasku <jigme.datse@datsemultimedia.com>
To: Wolf K <wolfmac@sympatico.ca>,
 mozilla-support-thunderbird@lists.mozilla.org
Subject: Re: Notify me if a weekly raport is not incoming to me. - This
 feature request.

On 04/05/2018 10:41 AM, Wolf K wrote:
> On 2018-04-05 09:36, latek18@gmail.com wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I cannot find a addon to notify me if mail is not arrive (is not
>> incoming) to me in specific time line.
>>
>> I should receive every week 40x raports. I try to find a way to check
>> what report are not send to me.
>>
>> Best Regards
>> MP.
>=20
> I don't know of any such add-on for Thunderbird, but your sender(s)
> should be able to store a standard "not sent yet" template, and send th=
> email when needed.

My thoughts are two on this:

1) the sending party may not have prepared the report, but knows it is
scheduled, so could send a "report not available" email as Wolf K suggest=
s.
2) you could set something up checking your inbox for the expected
messages, and whether it failed, or wasn't set, you can send yourself a
"message not received" notification probably as an email.

2) would not work if your email ends up going "hey I can't even do that
locally".  Say you have a "full mailbox".  Though you *may* be able to
do 2 more successfully if using different mailboxes that are very
unlikely to have the same issues with it.

But it seems tricky to do *within* Thunderbird.

Jigme Datse Yli-Rasku

--b8gun6m2OGkujPyQdgQZW8NqipZPmfEKe

--b8gun6m2OGkujPyQdgQZW8NqipZPmfEKe--
0
Jigme
4/5/2018 5:50:33 PM
latek18@gmail.com Wrote in message:
> Hello,
>
> I cannot find a addon to notify me if mail is not arrive (is not incoming) to me in specific time line.
>
> I should receive every week 40x raports. I try to find a way to check what report are not send to me.

Interesting requirement. I suspect no addon does this. But an
 external program might be able to. So...
- does each report come from a different email address?
- can you ensure each sender identies that it is a report - e.g.
 'report dd/mm/yy' in the subject?
- what OS are you using?
--
(Remove numerics from my email address)
0
On 4/5/18 3:36 PM, latek18@gmail.com wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I cannot find a addon to notify me if mail is not arrive (is not incoming) to me in specific time line.
>
> I should receive every week 40x raports. I try to find a way to check what report are not send to me.
>
> Best Regards
> MP.

You could set up a saved search, something like:
subject contains report AND age in days is less than 7

But then you still wouldn't know who didn't send a report, which is
probably the most interesting part for you.
0
dillinger
--------------73B9B2B7861F38AEBA195306

On 05/04/2018 14:36, latek18@gmail.com wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I cannot find a addon to notify me if mail is not arrive (is not incoming) to me in specific time line.
>
> I should receive every week 40x raports. I try to find a way to check what report are not send to me.
>
> Best Regards
> MP.
You need to create a check list in Excel and tick the items that have
arrived.  I am sure these reports come on an ad-hoc basis so ticking
each item as they come is not too difficult.

I doubt if there are any Add-Ons.  If there are then the user will need
to configure lots of things for it to male it useable.  For example the
Add-on will need to know the eMail address of senders and how often.
What happens if the report comes 3 times in a month. etc etc.

--------------73B9B2B7861F38AEBA195306

  <head>
  </head>
      wrote:<br>
cite="mid:mailman.102.1522944754.2177.support-thunderbird@lists.mozilla.org">
      <pre wrap="">Hello,

I cannot find a addon to notify me if mail is not arrive (is not incoming) to me in specific time line.

I should receive every week 40x raports. I try to find a way to check what report are not send to me.

Best Regards
MP.
</pre>
    You need to create a check list in Excel and tick the items that
    have arrived.  I am sure these reports come on an ad-hoc basis so
    ticking each item as they come is not too difficult.<br>
    I doubt if there are any Add-Ons.  If there are then the user will
    need to configure lots of things for it to male it useable.  For
    example the Add-on will need to know the eMail address of senders
    and how often.  What happens if the report comes 3 times in a month.
    etc etc.<br>
        yellow;font-weight: bolder; font-size:150%; text-align: center;
        margin: 30px 5px 30px 5px;">With over 600 million devices now
        running Windows 10, customer satisfaction is higher than any
        previous version of windows.</div>

--------------73B9B2B7861F38AEBA195306--
0
Good
4/5/2018 8:02:50 PM
On 4/5/2018 2:47 PM, Dave Royal wrote:
> latek18@gmail.com Wrote in message:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I cannot find a addon to notify me if mail is not arrive (is not incoming) to me in specific time line.
>>
>> I should receive every week 40x raports. I try to find a way to check what report are not send to me.
>>
> Interesting requirement. I suspect no addon does this. But an
>   external program might be able to. So...
> - does each report come from a different email address?
> - can you ensure each sender identies that it is a report - e.g.
>   'report dd/mm/yy' in the subject?
> - what OS are you using?

While not exactly the same my requirement is similar.  Periodically I
send out email and asked for yes/no votes from the people who receive
hte email.  I create a folder for the received votes and as I receive
the responses, I place them in the folder.  I can then see who has
responded by looking at the messages received in the folder.

I suspect you could place a tag in the subject of the email, and then
create a filter to transfer it to your response filter
0
Keith
4/5/2018 8:28:00 PM
W dniu czwartek, 5 kwietnia 2018 21:06:52 UTC+2 u=C5=BCytkownik dillinger n=
apisa=C5=82:
> On 4/5/18 3:36 PM, latek18@gmail.com wrote:
> > Hello,
> >=20
> > I cannot find a addon to notify me if mail is not arrive (is not incomi=
ng) to me in specific time line.
> >=20
> > I should receive every week 40x raports. I try to find a way to check w=
hat report are not send to me.
> >=20
> > Best Regards
> > MP.
> >=20
>=20
> You could set up a saved search, something like:
> subject contains report AND age in days is less than 7
>=20
> But then you still wouldn't know who didn't send a report, which is=20
> probably the most interesting part for you.

YES, this is the answer who cannot be setup in filters :(
I add to topic a "feature request" bcs I think this addon/feature not exist=
 - you all give me a confirmation to this.

My workaround is a setup 40 folders, 40 rules to move mails to his folders =
and clear not-read flag for all.
Waiting to what folders WILL BE arrive new mails and folders without NEW ma=
ils are my target to check it.

My reports are truly e-mails from MikroTik routers who send me a mail with =
backups files one a week and I cannot find a way to check not receive mails=
 who should be arrive me as new mail - all reports are send every week at t=
he same time + random(0-3h).
Every e-mail:
*) have similar time of execution +- 1,5h
*) Different subject (name of router, version and uptime)
*) All devices use the same e-mail account to send e-mails and send it to m=
y e-mail.

PROBLEMS:
*) In filters ACTION are for existing new mails or to watch/ignore thread a=
nd NO action to notify me with list of this not existing mails.
*) In filders I cannot setup "Stats is NOT_EXIST" to mark not arrive mails
*) Scheduler run a manual filter for 40 rules

CONCLUSION:
I must learn and write that addon :). It's not a single feature solution to=
 solve.

Additional info: I found a web services who do this job, they are for check=
 the CRONTAB_JOB execution via URL/mail/etc and I check one and they works =
properly. I try doit directly in Thunderbird.

Thanks 4 All for answers.

0
Marcin