Newsgroups: Sort + rename

Hi,

Is there a way to sort the displayed list of newgroups in TB? It seems
that a new group is simply added at the end of the list.

And is there a way to change the displayed name of the group? At the
standart long groupnames became shortend until they are unreadable.

Bernd

0
Bernd
4/5/2018 6:19:35 AM
mozilla.support.thunderbird 22506 articles. 4 followers. Post Follow

3 Replies
62 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 52

*-* On Thu, 5 Apr 2018, at 08:19:35 +0200,
*-* In Article 
<mailman.81.1522909209.2177.support-thunderbird@lists.mozilla.org>,
*-* Bernd Nachtigall wrote
*-* About Newsgroups: Sort + rename

> Hi,

> Is there a way to sort the displayed list of newgroups in TB? It
> seems that a new group is simply added at the end of the list.

      With Thunderbird closed, in your profile

<http://kb.mozillazine.org/Profile_folder_-_Thunderbird>

open the News folder, locate the *.rc file for the news server in
question, open the file in a text editor, rearrange the sections for
the different newsgroups into the desired order, and save the edited
file.

> And is there a way to change the displayed name of the group? At the
> standart long groupnames became shortend until they are unreadable.

Edit --> Preferences --> Advanced --> [General tab]

Open the Config Editor, filter on "abbr" (without the quotation
marks), and double-click on the mail.server.default.abbreviate
preference to toggle it from "true" to "false".

                                         Ken Whiton
-- 
     FIDO: 1:132/152
InterNet: kenwhiton@surfglobal.net.INVAL (remove the obvious to reply)
0
Ken
4/5/2018 8:37:29 AM
On 4/5/18 2:19 AM, Bernd Nachtigall wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is there a way to sort the displayed list of newgroups in TB? It seems
> that a new group is simply added at the end of the list.
>
> And is there a way to change the displayed name of the group? At the
> standart long groupnames became shortend until they are unreadable.
>
> Bernd
>

I just select the newsgroup and drag and drop it where I want it in the 
list.

-- 
Best name ever! Cadet Bone Spurs
NRA = Newly Recruited Activists
National Popular Vote <http://www.nationalpopularvote.com/>
Ubuntu 16.04LTS - Unity Desktop

0
WaltS48
4/5/2018 12:54:22 PM

Am 05.04.2018 um 14:54 schrieb WaltS48:
> On 4/5/18 2:19 AM, Bernd Nachtigall wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Is there a way to sort the displayed list of newgroups in TB? It seems
>> that a new group is simply added at the end of the list.
>>
>> And is there a way to change the displayed name of the group? At the
>> standart long groupnames became shortend until they are unreadable.
>>
>> Bernd
>>
> 
> I just select the newsgroup and drag and drop it where I want it in the
> list.

Oops, indeed. That is possible ...
.... I thought I have tried this!

OK, question answered, problem solved.

Thx
EOD

Bernd
0
Bernd
4/5/2018 2:32:28 PM
Reply: