Missing date in time/date field

Hi,

I noticed that some postings (including mine) don't show the date, just
the time of sending the message.

What setting do I need to change to enable this?

MegaMad - Leo
0
MegaMad
3/22/2006 9:35:06 PM
mozilla.support.thunderbird 22506 articles. 5 followers. Post Follow

MegaMad wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I noticed that some postings (including mine) don't show the date, just
> the time of sending the message.
>
> What setting do I need to change to enable this?
>
> MegaMad - Leo

Any post sent today will only show the time, those same posts will show
the date and time tomorrow.

--
Brian

.. http://www.mozilla.org

.. http://ilias.ca/mozilla/

.. http://ilias.ca/

.. No keyboard found. Press F1 to continue.

.. Internet "Help" Desk: http://www.deadtroll.com/video/helldeskcable.html
0
Brian
3/22/2006 9:37:53 PM
Brian J. Graham schreef:
> MegaMad wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I noticed that some postings (including mine) don't show the date,
>> just the time of sending the message.
>>
>> What setting do I need to change to enable this?
>>
>> MegaMad - Leo
>
> Any post sent today will only show the time, those same posts will show
> the date and time tomorrow.

So its a feature, not a bug ;-)

Anything I can do to change that?

MegaMad - Leo
0
MegaMad
3/22/2006 10:03:56 PM
Brian J. Graham wrote:

> MegaMad wrote:
>
>>Hi,
>>
>>I noticed that some postings (including mine) don't show the date, just
>>the time of sending the message.
>>
>>What setting do I need to change to enable this?
>>
>>MegaMad - Leo
>

> Any post sent today will only show the time, those same posts will show
> the date and time tomorrow.

.. . . but, according to Chris I, that can be changed:
http://ilias.ca/mozilla/mailnewsfaq/DateTimeDisplay/.  Mind you
though, I don't know if it works for TB.

--
Time for another change
0
gwtc schreef:
> Brian J. Graham wrote:
>
>> MegaMad wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I noticed that some postings (including mine) don't show the date,
>>> just the time of sending the message.
>>>
>>> What setting do I need to change to enable this?
>>>
>>> MegaMad - Leo
>>

>> Any post sent today will only show the time, those same posts will
>> show the date and time tomorrow.
>>
> . . . but, according to Chris I, that can be changed:
> http://ilias.ca/mozilla/mailnewsfaq/DateTimeDisplay/.  Mind you though,
> I don't know if it works for TB.

This works! Thank you!

MegaMad - Leo
0
MegaMad

Dates, Dates, Dates!
Hello all... I am in the process of building an appointment system, and I am trying to see if I can get some pointers on which way to go on this. The first version of this appointment system was very lo-tech, and it stored all of the possible dates/times in the database. Once a user booked an appointment, their information was logged to that date/time, and then that date/time would no longer show in the list of possible openings. This was great for a temporary fix, but with having to pre-populate all of the dates/times, the system would eventually have to be updated to continue on pa...

DATE field to DATE/TIME
Hello, If the field is defined as a DATE and you do: select datefield+1 from mytable Does the ODBC API (actually ASA 9.02 backend) return a field that is DATETIME or a DATE field? It is messing up my compiled application and seems to be coming back as DATETIME. Thank you. -Robert You are correct, the value is being returned as a TIMESTAMP. You can verify this through using the EXPRTYPE() builtin function, as in select exprtype('select datefield+1 from mytable', 1) from dummy which will return TIMESTAMP. Exprtype is documented in the help. You alm...

just Time or date portion of a date/time field

date/time or date and time
I am setting up an SQL database and I will need to get differences in dates. For example I have a start date, start time, completion date and completion time and I want to get the difference between the start and completion. Would it be better to have one field with both date and time in it, or better to have a date field and a time field? Even though I have already started setting up the tables with seperate fields for date and time I am now leaning toward one field with date/time in it. (Only because that is the way I had to do it when setting up an Excel spreadsheet for a similar ta...

Date entered...add time value to make date/time field
Windows XP Professional InfoMaker v 9.0.2 Build 7509 Our database contains a date/time stamp for when a specific activity happens to each shipment. I would like the users to be able to simply enter a date for a specific work day. I need to get a list of shipments where the time of one activity occurred on the entered date prior to 9:20. How can I create a computed field that will basically concatenate/amend the entered date with 9:20 that will later be used for criteria in returning rows? Thanks in advance for any help you can provide! Rita Palazzi Senior Engineer /...

just Time or date portion of date/time field: SOMEBODY PLS
Good Day, From a DateTime data column how do I get just a Time portin or just a date portion of data to be displayed. i.e from 11/6/2003 10:03:20 AM I need to display date and time seperately in my data display page. Thanks Regards, When you pull in a SQL datetime column value into your .NET code, it is usually cast to a .NET DateTime type... something like this: System.DateTime TheDateAndTime = (System.DateTime)someDataReader["MySQLDateColumn"] Then you can use a variety of .NET methods included in the DateTime class to convert to a strin...

Date field showing date and time
Hey all, I have a datagrid that gets a date but shows the time as well. How do I show only the date? In the database only the date shows up. Thanks in advance, Rodney Hi Rodney, This is a very good date and time formatting article. http://datawebcontrols.com/faqs/CustomizingAppearance/FormatDateTimeData.shtml Hope this helps U. Thanks!Regards, Dj Dev Here's how I do it: <asp:TemplateColumn HeaderText="Required Date"> <ItemTemplate> <%# DataBinder.Eval(Container.DataItem, "ReqDate", "{0:MM/dd/yyyy}") %&...

Inserting Date into Access Date/Time Field
Everytime i capture a date from an asp:dropdownlist and try to insert it into an access date/time field i keep getting a Data type mismatch in criteria expression error (0x80040e07). is there a way i need to format the data before inserting? Any help would be ace!1 using System; 2 using System.Data; 3 using System.Data.OleDb; 4 using System.Configuration; 5 using System.Web; 6 using System.Web.Security; 7 using System.Web.UI; 8 using System.Web.UI.WebControls; 9 using System.Web.UI.WebControls.WebParts; 10 using System.Web.UI.HtmlControls; 11 12 ...

No date in Date field
I have just installed thunderbird on my system. I migrated from outlook express. All the mail that was there before shows both the date and the time in the date field. However, all mail received by thunderbird only has a time stamp, no date. How do I correct this?? Thanks, Roger _Roger Bailey_ spoke thusly on 29/08/2006 10:09 PM: > I have just installed thunderbird on my system. I migrated from outlook > express. All the mail that was there before shows both the date and the > time in the date field. However, all mail received by thunderbird only has ...

date field = date
i made an news table and i made and option to add and update and delete news from it i need one thing that when someone try to add news the time that he insert the news will be in teh date field of the table and dont the costumer write it   hope that u understand me Hi, did you mean you want to add a column that get current date as its value automaticly? If so, you can do the following in Access2003: 1. add a column with 'Date/Time' data time 2. In the 'Field Properties'->'General' pannel, add a 'Default Value' for it, 3. In the 'Expression Builder', double cli...

How to convert a date field to short date? without time.
I am using a query builder to buld a sql statement which brings me somes fields which are defined as date, and they are brought like this one: 5/17/2006 12:00:00 AM and I just want to bring the 5/17/2006.I tried CONVERT (CHAR(10), Fecha_evento, 101) AS Fecha_evento  It works, for displaying, but when I try to look for the maximun within that field, it interprets it as a string, so I do not get the right value.  Do you have a way to solve this? thanks a lot! There's really no such thing as a date without a time.  If you're having problems with displaying the information ...

java date time and utc date time
hi i have a client written in delphi the backend is written in java (webservice) when fetching a date field from the db, through java to delphi (TXSDateTime class), for some reason the date changes. in the db: 30/07/2009 00:00:00 in delphi: xsdatetime.asdatetime = 29/07/2009 23:00:00 (1 hour before) in delphi xsdatetime.asutcdatetime = 29/07/2009 21:00:00 (3 hours before) i guess it's a matter of timezones but all we want is simply to fetch the same date as it appears in the DB what are we missing? thanks amos szust wrote: > hi > > i have a client written in d...

From Date and To Date
 In my application i have two textboxes.One for From date and the other one for To date.I need to check whether the From date is lesser than To Date..Date formats will be either(DD-MM-YYYY) or (DD/MM/YYYY).and i have used calendar extender for selecting dateI need the script code to do this...Thanks in advance See this thread: http://forums.asp.net/t/1346328.aspxMohsin Naeem"Please mark as answer if it helped you"  <form id="form1" runat="server"> <asp:ScriptManager ID="ScriptManager1" runat="server"> </...

from date to date
I am working on a form for livestock. one of the things in the form is a checkbox to let me know if they qualify or not. the second is I have a created record field entered into the database... now my question is I am doing a search on this and cant figure it out since i am new to all this...i have a query that selects the qualification checkbox (where qualify = 'true') then another query that selects the created record date... and the search is that I want to get the information in the livestock that are qualifyed (have the checkbox qualify = to 'true') between  one dat...

Web resources about - Missing date in time/date field - mozilla.support.thunderbird

Doctor Who missing episodes - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Material from missing Doctor Who serials has seen release in books, in audio form on CD, and four episodes have been animated for DVD release. ...

Facebook Alerts Users To How Many Stories They’re Missing On News Feed
Facebook wants users to make sure they’re not missing anything on News Feed . Several users on the redesigned News Feed have started seeing notifications ...

LOCATED DECEASED :( - Locate The Missing - Facebook
SAD UPDATE :( REST IN PEACE CARRIE :( Body of missing Davenport woman found in Minnesota: More than three months after her family reported her ...

53 Local AMBER Alert Facebook Pages Will Post Missing Children Feed Updates
Facebook held a press conference today to announce the launch of 53 AMBER Alert Pages that will dispatch bulletins about missing children via ...

NYPD Missing Persons (@NYPDMissing) on Twitter
Log in Sign up You are on Twitter Mobile because you are using an old version of Internet Explorer. Learn more here NYPD Missing Persons @ NYPDMissing ...

Fears for missing toddler at Crossover, near Warragul
Police hold fears for a missing toddler who may have wandered from her southeast Melbourne home onto a nearby road.

Adelaide Zoo’s popular blue-and-gold macaw Manu has gone missing after flying off in training session ...
BIRDWATCHERS are being asked to keep an eagle-eye out for Manu, Adelaide Zoo’s popular blue-and-gold macaw, who went missing this morning following ...

Brisbane snorkeller missing in Weyba Creek in Noosa
Police divers have been called in to comb canals on the Sunshine Coast for a snorkeller missing since Christmas afternoon.

Two survivors pulled from sea but little hope for 74 still missing from sunken Indonesian ship
Two survivors have been pulled from the sea in eastern Indonesia, three days after a ferry they were on sank in stormy waters, but a senior rescue ...

George, Charlotte missing at Xmas service
George, Charlotte missing at Xmas service The Australian (blog) Prince George and Princess Charlotte stayed inside as the royal family attended ...