Message Filter Rules

--------------661A76D632908FF5F5E116C6

Thunderbird 56.0b4, Windows 10.

I have a filter to move messages to or from an address to a folder. With
the default option checked to apply the filter when Getting New Mail,
the filter is applied to both received and sent mail even though After
Sending is not checked. Surely these two options imply that their
purpose is to distinguish between incoming and outgoing mail?

I have had to include an argument where the message isn't from me,
therefore excluding outgoing mail to that address. Is there another way
to force a filter to only be applied to incoming mail?

--------------661A76D632908FF5F5E116C6

  <head>

  </head>
      folder. With the default option checked to apply the filter when
      Getting New Mail, the filter is applied to both received and sent
      mail even though After Sending is not checked. Surely these two
      options imply that their purpose is to distinguish between
      incoming and outgoing mail?<br>
      I have had to include an argument where the message isn't from me,
      therefore excluding outgoing mail to that address. Is there
      another way to force a filter to only be applied to incoming mail?<br>

--------------661A76D632908FF5F5E116C6--
0
Gary
10/11/2017 2:38:18 PM
mozilla.support.thunderbird 22176 articles. 2 followers. Post Follow