Mail-to

Has anyone else lost the mail-to capability of Windows 10 from within
Windows Explorer, presumably with a recent update. Better still, has
anyone fixed it? I have viewed several internet items but none seem to
correspond to Windows 10 today :-(

--
Peter Lawson
021-797-4493

0
Peter
4/1/2018 1:31:04 PM
mozilla.support.thunderbird 22341 articles. 2 followers. Post Follow

On 4/1/2018 9:31 AM, Peter Lawson wrote:
> Has anyone else lost the mail-to capability of Windows 10 from within
> Windows Explorer, presumably with a recent update. Better still, has anyone
> fixed it? I have viewed several internet items but none seem to correspond
> to Windows 10 today :-(

Do you mean Send To > Mail Recipient from the right-click menu? I don't
recall having a 'mail-to' capability as such, at least not recently. The
'Send To' seems to work fine for me under the most recent W10 and TB
versions and I use it at least once a week.
0
John
4/1/2018 2:36:43 PM
On 4/1/2018 9:31 AM, Peter Lawson wrote:
> Has anyone else lost the mail-to capability of Windows 10 from within
> Windows Explorer, presumably with a recent update. Better still, has
> anyone fixed it? I have viewed several internet items but none seem to
> correspond to Windows 10 today :-(

Make sure you have Thunderbird set as the default email client in
Windows Settings > Apps > Default apps.

Investigating this I had the same problem, found I had both Thunderbird
and SeaMonkey set as default apps. Thunderbird started responding when I
opened SeaMonkey and changed the settings in SeaMonkey.

SeaMonkey no longer appears as a default app in Windows.
0
WaltS48
4/1/2018 4:05:00 PM
On 4/1/2018 3:31 PM, Peter Lawson wrote:
> Has anyone else lost the mail-to capability of Windows 10 from within
> Windows Explorer, presumably with a recent update. Better still, has
> anyone fixed it? I have viewed several internet items but none seem to
> correspond to Windows 10 today :-(

I seem to remember there was a bug with right click send to mail
recipient and 64-bit Thunderbird, so if your using Thunderbird 61.0a1
you'll get a crash when trying that.

Onno
0
Onno
4/1/2018 9:28:38 PM
On 4/1/2018 3:31 PM, Peter Lawson wrote:
> Has anyone else lost the mail-to capability of Windows 10 from within
> Windows Explorer, presumably with a recent update. Better still, has
> anyone fixed it? I have viewed several internet items but none seem to
> correspond to Windows 10 today :-(

I seem to remember there was a bug with right click send to mail
recipient and 64-bit Thunderbird, so if your using Thunderbird 61.0a1
you'll get a crash when trying that.

Onno
0
Onno
4/1/2018 9:28:38 PM
On 4/1/2018 3:31 PM, Peter Lawson wrote:
> Has anyone else lost the mail-to capability of Windows 10 from within
> Windows Explorer, presumably with a recent update. Better still, has
> anyone fixed it? I have viewed several internet items but none seem to
> correspond to Windows 10 today :-(

I seem to remember there was a bug with right click send to mail
recipient and 64-bit Thunderbird, so if your using Thunderbird 61.0a1
you'll get a crash when trying that.

Onno
0
Onno
4/1/2018 9:28:38 PM
In article
<mailman.1.1522589512.2177.support-thunderbird@lists.mozilla.org>,
   Peter Lawson <lawsonp@telkomsa.net> wrote:
> Has anyone else lost the mail-to capability of Windows 10 from within
> Windows Explorer, presumably with a recent update. Better still, has
> anyone fixed it? I have viewed several internet items but none seem to
> correspond to Windows 10 today :-(

I have no solution to offer, but can report...

Here, Win 10 Pro fully updated with Thunderbird 52.7.0 set as the default
mail client app, Win Explorer context menu still has the "Send to mail
recipient" entry and it does work correctly running up a Thunderbird write
mail window ready to go.

Dor

--

Dave Ormail