login to discourse without 2FA impossible to report beta testing results

I fell helpless how to login to discourse.

Initially, I chose to login via github, but discourse asks me to convert my github account to 2 factor autorisation. I don't want to do that.

Same happens if I use my firefox account.

If I try login by email, I get a link by email to login. But if I use it, discourse tells me that I have a more secure version to login (meaning the github). But I would need to convert github to to 2FA to use it.

Because in theory I could use github, discourse refuses to let me post.

I seem to be stuck in a loop. How can I get access without registering a new account?

any help is appreciated, even if it is somewhat out of scope (but the question is in order to report beta testing results, so it also is in scope).

Isn*t 2 FA authorisation overkill to receive reports fromm beta testing? I have now spent 30 minutes + to read google on discourse, oauth and other and am still without success to login and report my findings. Others might stop much earlier.

any help is appreciated,

Klaus
0
opto

On 6/23/2018 7:20 AM, opto wrote:
> I fell helpless how to login to discourse.
>
> Initially, I chose to login via github, but discourse asks me to convert my github account to 2 factor autorisation. I don't want to do that.
>
> Same happens if I use my firefox account.
>
> If I try login by email, I get a link by email to login. But if I use it, discourse tells me that I have a more secure version to login (meaning the github). But I would need to convert github to to 2FA to use it.
>
> Because in theory I could use github, discourse refuses to let me post.
>
> I seem to be stuck in a loop. How can I get access without registering a new account?
>
> any help is appreciated, even if it is somewhat out of scope (but the question is in order to report beta testing results, so it also is in scope).
>
> Isn*t 2 FA authorisation overkill to receive reports fromm beta testing? I have now spent 30 minutes + to read google on discourse, oauth and other and am still without success to login and report my findings. Others might stop much earlier.
>
> any help is appreciated,
>
> Klaus

You have a Discourse email account?

I login with my Google account and never log out. Sometimes find myself
mysteriously logged out.

0
WaltS48
6/23/2018 3:16:10 PM
opto <klaus@optosolar.com> Wrote in message:
> I fell helpless how to login to discourse.
>
> Initially, I chose to login via github, but discourse asks me to convert my github account to 2 factor autorisation. I don't want to do that.
>
> Same happens if I use my firefox account.
>
> If I try login by email, I get a link by email to login. But if I use it, discourse tells me that I have a more secure version to login (meaning the github). But I would need to convert github to to 2FA to use it.
>
> Because in theory I could use github, discourse refuses to let me post.
>
> I seem to be stuck in a loop. How can I get access without registering a new account?
>
> any help is appreciated, even if it is somewhat out of scope (but the question is in order to report beta testing results, so it also is in scope).

I've had this. I do have 2FA on github, but I once got signed out
 of Discourse but didn't have my phone so couldn't sign in with
 github either. Stopped me wasting time while on holiday
 ;)

Dunno. I suspect it can't be done. If you can't find a answer and
 want me to post the question on Discourse itself, in meta, email
 me (see sig).
https://discourse.mozilla.org/c/meta
But looking at the questions there I wouldn't expect an answer quickly.

Dave
--
(Remove numerics from my email address)
0