Links not underlined in TB for Mac

I copy and pasted a web link and sent it via email and it was not
underlined as it should have been. Is this normal behavior for TB for Mac?

--
Sent on Thunderbird for the Mac
You don't believe in God or the Bible?

On 5/27/18 2:21 PM, John Wolf wrote:
> I copy and pasted a web link and sent it via email and it was not
> underlined as it should have been. Is this normal behavior for TB for Mac?

Not underlined in the mail you are composing, or the recipient didn't
receive the link as underlined?

Pasted links are not underlined in plain text or HTML composition in my
test on Linux.

They are when the recipient receives the email.

If you are composing email using HTML composition, use Insert > Link for
it to be underlined.

--
GO GOLDEN KNIGHTS!
Ubuntu 16.04LTS - Unity Desktop
On 5/27/18 12:36 PM, WaltS48 wrote:
> On 5/27/18 2:21 PM, John Wolf wrote:
>> I copy and pasted a web link and sent it via email and it was not
>> underlined as it should have been. Is this normal behavior for TB for
>> Mac?
>>

> Not underlined in the mail you are composing, or the recipient didn't
> receive the link as underlined?
>
> Pasted links are not underlined in plain text or HTML composition in my
> test on Linux.
>
> They are when the recipient receives the email.
>
> If you are composing email using HTML composition, use Insert > Link for
> it to be underlined.

Thank you. I did not know this. TB is a very powerful email client. I
wish it was still supported.

--
Sent on Thunderbird for the Mac
You don't believe in God or the Bible?
http://www.cerm.info/bible_studies/Apologetics/creationism.html
0
John
5/27/2018 6:40:25 PM
On 5/27/2018 2:40 PM, John Wolf wrote:
> On 5/27/18 12:36 PM, WaltS48 wrote:
>> On 5/27/18 2:21 PM, John Wolf wrote:
>>> I copy and pasted a web link and sent it via email and it was not
>>> underlined as it should have been. Is this normal behavior for TB
>>> for Mac?
>>>

>> Not underlined in the mail you are composing, or the recipient didn't
>> receive the link as underlined?
>>
>> Pasted links are not underlined in plain text or HTML composition in
>> my test on Linux.
>>
>> They are when the recipient receives the email.
>>
>> If you are composing email using HTML composition, use Insert > Link
>> for it to be underlined.
>>

> Thank you. I did not know this. TB is a very powerful email client. I
> wish it was still supported.

Well, I'm using TB 60.0b6 on Windows and Linux.

https://blog.mozilla.org/thunderbird/2017/12/new-thunderbird-releases-and-new-thunderbird-staff/

It has a new website at https://www.thunderbird.net/en-US/

A new council.
https://blog.mozilla.org/thunderbird/2018/04/thunderbird-april-news-update/

--
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; WOW64; rv:60.0) Gecko/20100101 Thunderbird/60.0
AMD A8-7410 APU with AMD Radeon R5 Graphics 2.20 GHz 6.00 GB RAM

0
WaltS48
5/28/2018 4:07:38 PM
On 5/28/18 10:07 AM, WaltS48 wrote:
> On 5/27/2018 2:40 PM, John Wolf wrote:
>>>>

>>> Not underlined in the mail you are composing, or the recipient didn't
>>> receive the link as underlined?
>>>
>>> Pasted links are not underlined in plain text or HTML composition in
>>> my test on Linux.
>>>
>>> They are when the recipient receives the email.
>>>
>>> If you are composing email using HTML composition, use Insert > Link
>>> for it to be underlined.
>>>

>> Thank you. I did not know this. TB is a very powerful email client. I
>> wish it was still supported.
>>

> Well, I'm using TB 60.0b6 on Windows and Linux.
>
> https://blog.mozilla.org/thunderbird/2017/12/new-thunderbird-releases-and-new-thunderbird-staff/
>

> It has a new website at https://www.thunderbird.net/en-US/
>
> A new council.
> https://blog.mozilla.org/thunderbird/2018/04/thunderbird-april-news-update/

I stand corrected as it looks like TB is still supported. It seems all
too powerful of a email client to go to waste. Its loaded with features
it seems like.