Links in TB no longer open in FF #2

Thunderbird 52.6.0 (32 bit); Firefox 59.0 (64 bit)

Just updated CCleaner to v. 5.41.6446

Now when I click a link in TB, it no longer opens that link in Firefox.

Any help in re-establishing would be appreciated.

Thank you.

0
Mortman
3/13/2018 6:48:15 PM
mozilla.support.thunderbird 22393 articles. 2 followers. Post Follow

On 3/13/2018 11:48 AM, Mortman wrote:
> Thunderbird 52.6.0 (32 bit); Firefox 59.0 (64 bit)
>
> Just updated CCleaner to v. 5.41.6446
>
> Now when I click a link in TB, it no longer opens that link in Firefox.
>
> Any help in re-establishing would be appreciated.
>
> Thank you.

Does it open the link anywhere?

--
David E. Ross
<http://www.rossde.com/>

President Trump:  Please stop using Twitter.  We need
to hear your voice and see you talking.  We need to know
when your message is really your own and not your attorney's.
0
David
3/13/2018 7:08:29 PM
On 3/13/2018 3:08 PM, David E. Ross wrote:
> On 3/13/2018 11:48 AM, Mortman wrote:
> > Thunderbird 52.6.0 (32 bit); Firefox 59.0 (64 bit)
> >
> > Just updated CCleaner to v. 5.41.6446
> >
> > Now when I click a link in TB, it no longer opens that link in Firefox.
> >
> > Any help in re-establishing would be appreciated.
> >
> > Thank you.
> >

> Does it open the link anywhere?

No.

When I put the cursor on the link, I see the contents of the link. But
when I click on it, that disappears and nothing happens.

0
Mortman
3/13/2018 7:30:48 PM
On 3/13/2018 3:08 PM, David E. Ross wrote:
> On 3/13/2018 11:48 AM, Mortman wrote:
> > Thunderbird 52.6.0 (32 bit); Firefox 59.0 (64 bit)
> >
> > Just updated CCleaner to v. 5.41.6446
> >
> > Now when I click a link in TB, it no longer opens that link in Firefox.
> >
> > Any help in re-establishing would be appreciated.
> >
> > Thank you.
> >

> Does it open the link anywhere?

I don't know whether this was caused by CCleaner or the prior update of
FF to v. 59.0

0
Mortman
3/13/2018 7:33:09 PM
On 3/13/2018 12:33 PM, Mortman wrote:
> On 3/13/2018 3:08 PM, David E. Ross wrote:
>> On 3/13/2018 11:48 AM, Mortman wrote:
>>> Thunderbird 52.6.0 (32 bit); Firefox 59.0 (64 bit)
>>>
>>> Just updated CCleaner to v. 5.41.6446
>>>
>>> Now when I click a link in TB, it no longer opens that link in Firefox.
>>>
>>> Any help in re-establishing would be appreciated.
>>>
>>> Thank you.
>>>

>> Does it open the link anywhere?
>>
> I don't know whether this was caused by CCleaner or the prior update of
> FF to v. 59.0

Try the following:

1.  In Windows (not Thunderbird), select [Start > Settings > Control
Panel].

2.  On the Control Panel window, select Internet Options.

3.  On the Internet Properties window, select the Programs tab.

4.  On the Programs tab, select the Set Programs button.

5.  On the Default Programs window, select "Set your default programs".

6.  on the Set Default Programs window, select Firefox and then select
"Choose defaults for this program".

7.  On the Set Program Associations window, check the appropriate
checkboxes.

8.  Exit the windows by selecting the Save button, the OK button, the X
in the upper-right corner of the Default Programs window, the OK button,
and the X in the upper-right corner of the Control Panel window.

--
David E. Ross
<http://www.rossde.com/>

President Trump:  Please stop using Twitter.  We need
to hear your voice and see you talking.  We need to know
when your message is really your own and not your attorney's.
0
David
3/13/2018 8:14:21 PM
On 3/13/2018 3:30 PM, Mortman wrote:
> On 3/13/2018 3:08 PM, David E. Ross wrote:
> > On 3/13/2018 11:48 AM, Mortman wrote:
> > > Thunderbird 52.6.0 (32 bit); Firefox 59.0 (64 bit)
> > >
> > > Just updated CCleaner to v. 5.41.6446
> > >
> > > Now when I click a link in TB, it no longer opens that link in Firefox.
> > >
> > > Any help in re-establishing would be appreciated.
> > >
> > > Thank you.
> > >

> > Does it open the link anywhere?
> >
> No.
>
> When I put the cursor on the link, I see the contents of the link. But
> when I click on it, that disappears and nothing happens.

Problem solved!

I reinstalled CCleaner v. 5.40 (the previous version) and links once
again open properly.

One of the "improvements" in the latest version of CCleaner (v.
5.41.6446) was the guilty party.

0
Mortman
3/13/2018 8:44:53 PM
Mortman wrote:
> On 3/13/2018 3:08 PM, David E. Ross wrote:
>> On 3/13/2018 11:48 AM, Mortman wrote:
>> > Thunderbird 52.6.0 (32 bit); Firefox 59.0 (64 bit)
>> Firefox.
>> >
>> Does it open the link anywhere?
>>
> I don't know whether this was caused by CCleaner or the prior update of
> FF to v. 59.0

Neither one as I have both and don't have that problem. I'm running Win
7 pro with both FF and CCleaner up to date.