Links do not open in FF

When I click a link in TB it turns to visited color but does not open in
FF. What would be the problem? Could it be changing from 32 bit to 64
bit FF?

--
It ain't me, babe - A radical reinterpretation
http://emf.neocities.org/bd/itaintmebabe.html

On 8/10/17 8:19 AM, Eustace wrote:
> When I click a link in TB it turns to visited color but does not open in
> FF. What would be the problem? Could it be changing from 32 bit to 64
> bit FF?

Sounds like

> Clicking on a link in an email may not open this link in the external browser. Fix provided in 52.0.1 (upcoming)

<https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/thunderbird/52.0/releasenotes/>

I would suggest updating to version 52.2.1

--
Go Bucs!
Coexist <https://www.coexist.org/>
On 2017-08-10 8:19 AM, Eustace wrote:
> When I click a link in TB it turns to visited color but does not open in
> FF. What would be the problem? Could it be changing from 32 bit to 64
> bit FF?

Thunderbird is designed to open your system default browser when you
click on a link. If the browser isn't opening, it is either because your
default isn't correctly set in your operating system, or it can't find
the default browser.
To troubleshoot it, try the instructions at
https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/hyperlinks-in-messages-not-working

--
Chris Ilias <http://ilias.ca>
Chris
On 2017-08-10 21:09, Chris Ilias wrote:
> On 2017-08-10 8:19 AM, Eustace wrote:
>> When I click a link in TB it turns to visited color but does not open
>> in FF. What would be the problem? Could it be changing from 32 bit to
>> 64 bit FF?
>
> Thunderbird is designed to open your system default browser when you
> click on a link. If the browser isn't opening, it is either because your
> default isn't correctly set in your operating system, or it can't find
> the default browser.
> To troubleshoot it, try the instructions at
> https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/hyperlinks-in-messages-not-working

Thanks. Somehow, FF had stopped being the default browser in my system.

--
Natal Transits Calculator
http://emf.neocities.org/nt/nataltransits2.html
On 2017-08-11 21:55, Eustace wrote:
> On 2017-08-10 21:09, Chris Ilias wrote:
>> On 2017-08-10 8:19 AM, Eustace wrote:
>>> When I click a link in TB it turns to visited color but does not open
>>> in FF. What would be the problem? Could it be changing from 32 bit to
>>> 64 bit FF?
>>
>> Thunderbird is designed to open your system default browser when you
>> click on a link. If the browser isn't opening, it is either because your
>> default isn't correctly set in your operating system, or it can't find
>> the default browser.
>> To troubleshoot it, try the instructions at
>> https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/hyperlinks-in-messages-not-working
>
> Thanks. Somehow, FF had stopped being the default browser in my system.

However, FF told me to update, and changed me back to 32-bit. Why did it
do this?

--
The Thirteenth Tribe by Arthur Koestler
http://198.62.75.1/www2/koestler/
Eustace wrote on 8/11/2017 9:11 PM:
> On 2017-08-11 21:55, Eustace wrote:
>>>
>>> Thunderbird is designed to open your system default browser when you
>>> click on a link. If the browser isn't opening, it is either because your
>>> default isn't correctly set in your operating system, or it can't find
>>> the default browser.
>>> To troubleshoot it, try the instructions at
>>> https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/hyperlinks-in-messages-not-working
>>
>> Thanks. Somehow, FF had stopped being the default browser in my system.
>
> However, FF told me to update, and changed me back to 32-bit. Why did it
> do this?

Look to see what update channel your on.  You mite be on the 32 bit
channel even the you had the 64 bit installed

--
Ron K.
Thunderbird user since May, 2003
On Friday, August 11, 2017 at 9:06:03 PM UTC-7, Ron K. wrote:

> Look to see what update channel your on.  You mite be on the 32 bit
> channel even the you had the 64 bit installed

How can you tell what update channel you are on?

Bill

0
Bill
8/12/2017 4:31:19 AM
On 8/11/17 10:11 PM, Eustace wrote:
> On 2017-08-11 21:55, Eustace wrote:
>>>
>>> Thunderbird is designed to open your system default browser when you
>>> click on a link. If the browser isn't opening, it is either because your
>>> default isn't correctly set in your operating system, or it can't find
>>> the default browser.
>>> To troubleshoot it, try the instructions at
>>> https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/hyperlinks-in-messages-not-working
>>
>> Thanks. Somehow, FF had stopped being the default browser in my system.
>
> However, FF told me to update, and changed me back to 32-bit. Why did it
> do this?

How much RAM do you have?

> Starting with Firefox 55, which has a planned release date of August 8, 2017, 64-bit Firefox will be the default option on Windows. This is only the case however if the Windows device supports 64-bit and has at least 2 Gigabytes of memory.

REF:
<https://www.ghacks.net/2017/07/22/firefox-56-automatic-32-bit-to-64-bit-upgrade/>

--
Go Bucs!
Coexist <https://www.coexist.org/>
Ubuntu 16.04 LTS - Unity Desktop
0
WaltS48
8/12/2017 2:19:27 PM
On 8/12/17 12:31 AM, Bill H wrote:
> On Friday, August 11, 2017 at 9:06:03 PM UTC-7, Ron K. wrote:
>
>> Look to see what update channel your on.  You mite be on the 32 bit
>> channel even the you had the 64 bit installed
>>

> How can you tell what update channel you are on?
>
> Bill

Help > Firefox Health Report

is one way to check
0
Reed
8/12/2017 3:39:40 PM
On 2017-08-12 10:19, WaltS48 wrote:
> On 8/11/17 10:11 PM, Eustace wrote:

>>> Thanks. Somehow, FF had stopped being the default browser in my system.
>>
>> However, FF told me to update, and changed me back to 32-bit. Why did
>> it do this?
>>

> How much RAM do you have?

Installed memory: 2GB (1.75GB usable)

>> Starting with Firefox 55, which has a planned release date of August
>> 8, 2017, 64-bit Firefox will be the default option on Windows. This is
>> only the case however if the Windows device supports 64-bit and has at
>> least 2 Gigabytes of memory.
>
> REF:
> <https://www.ghacks.net/2017/07/22/firefox-56-automatic-32-bit-to-64-bit-upgrade/>

If I knew FF will start automatically upgrading to 64 bit, I would have
waited for it to start doing so. Anyway...

dmf

--
The folk oratorios of Mikis Theodorakis
http://emf.neocities.org/mt/folkoratorios.html