Junk Mail #16

If TB thinks it is Junk Mail or I mark it as Junk Mail, what do I do
with it ?  Delete it or move it to the JM folder ?

Thanks

KenW
0
KenW
2/13/2018 4:43:35 AM
mozilla.support.thunderbird 22393 articles. 2 followers. Post Follow

On 2/12/2018 8:43 PM, KenW wrote:

> If TB thinks it is Junk Mail or I mark it as Junk Mail, what do I do
> with it ?  Delete it or move it to the JM folder ?
>
> Thanks
>

> KenW

For me, the message moves automatically to the Junk folder for either
case.  This is because of my option settings.  On the Thunderbird menu
bar, select [Tools > Options].  On the Options window, select Security
and then the Junk tab.

I have checked all three checkboxes.  For the first checkbox, I selected
the radio button for "Move then to the account's Junk folder."

Also, my ISP uses Spam Assassin.  So I selected [Tools > Account
Settings] on the menu bar.  On the Account Settings window, I selected
Junk Settings for my E-mail account.  Among the other options on that
pane, I check the checkbox for "Trust junk mail headers set by" and
selected Spam Assassin in the pull-down selection area.

--
David E. Ross
<http://www.rossde.com/>

President Trump:  Please stop using Twitter.  We need
to hear your voice and see you talking.  We need to know
when your message is really your own and not your attorney's.
0
David
2/13/2018 5:39:07 AM
On Mon, 12 Feb 2018 21:39:07 -0800, "David E. Ross"
<nobody@nowhere.invalid> wrote:

>On 2/12/2018 8:43 PM, KenW wrote:
>>
>> If TB thinks it is Junk Mail or I mark it as Junk Mail, what do I do
>> with it ?  Delete it or move it to the JM folder ?
>>
>> Thanks
>>

>> KenW
>>

>For me, the message moves automatically to the Junk folder for either
>case.  This is because of my option settings.  On the Thunderbird menu
>bar, select [Tools > Options].  On the Options window, select Security
>and then the Junk tab.
>
>I have checked all three checkboxes.  For the first checkbox, I selected
>the radio button for "Move then to the account's Junk folder."
>
>Also, my ISP uses Spam Assassin.  So I selected [Tools > Account
>Settings] on the menu bar.  On the Account Settings window, I selected
>Junk Settings for my E-mail account.  Among the other options on that
>pane, I check the checkbox for "Trust junk mail headers set by" and
>selected Spam Assassin in the pull-down selection area.

Tnx, will change settings and see what happens.

KenW
0
KenW
2/13/2018 2:15:54 PM
On 2018-02-13 09:15, KenW wrote:
> On Mon, 12 Feb 2018 21:39:07 -0800, "David E. Ross"
> <nobody@nowhere.invalid> wrote:
>
>> On 2/12/2018 8:43 PM, KenW wrote:
>>>
>>> If TB thinks it is Junk Mail or I mark it as Junk Mail, what do I do
>>> with it ?  Delete it or move it to the JM folder ?
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>>

>>> KenW
>>>

>> For me, the message moves automatically to the Junk folder for either
>> case.  This is because of my option settings.  On the Thunderbird menu
>> bar, select [Tools > Options].  On the Options window, select Security
>> and then the Junk tab.
>>
>> I have checked all three checkboxes.  For the first checkbox, I selected
>> the radio button for "Move then to the account's Junk folder."
>>
>> Also, my ISP uses Spam Assassin.  So I selected [Tools > Account
>> Settings] on the menu bar.  On the Account Settings window, I selected
>> Junk Settings for my E-mail account.  Among the other options on that
>> pane, I check the checkbox for "Trust junk mail headers set by" and
>> selected Spam Assassin in the pull-down selection area.
>
> Tnx, will change settings and see what happens.
>

> KenW

I check the Junk folder before I empty it, in case there is a false
positive or two.

--
Wolf K
kirkwood40.blogspot.com
On 02/12/2018 11:43 PM, KenW wrote:

> If TB thinks it is Junk Mail or I mark it as Junk Mail, what do I do
> with it ?  Delete it or move it to the JM folder ?
>
> Thanks
>

> KenW

If it's marked by junk by me I have TB delete it.
If it is marked junk by TB i have it sent to the junk mail folder so I
can check them to make sure.
I have had a couple that TB marked as junk that weren't.

--
Caver1
0