Waverley, Nova Scotia

0
Bob
4/17/2018 1:00:01 AM
mozilla.support.thunderbird 22490 articles. 4 followers. Post Follow

On 2018-04-16 8:00 p.m., Bob Hamilton wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am slowly migrating from Eudora to Thunderbird and wondering if there is a "Resend Message" option as in Eudora?
>
> Thanks, Bob

There is Edit As New Message in the context menu, or Ctrl+E.
0
Steve
4/17/2018 2:02:24 AM
Hi Steve,

Thanks. I never noticed that and it solves my problem.

Bob

On 2018-04-16 11:02 PM, Steve wrote:
> On 2018-04-16 8:00 p.m., Bob Hamilton wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I am slowly migrating from Eudora to Thunderbird and wondering if
>> there is a "Resend Message" option as in Eudora?
>>
>> Thanks, Bob
>>
> There is Edit As New Message in the context menu, or Ctrl+E.

Robert A. Hamilton
Waverley, Nova Scotia

0
Bob
4/17/2018 2:05:20 AM
Bob Hamilton wrote on 4/16/2018 7:00 PM:
> Hi,
>
> I am slowly migrating from Eudora to Thunderbird and wondering if there
> is a "Resend Message" option as in Eudora?

There is a TB addon/extension called "Mail Redirect". I've used it for
several years and it is simple and reliable. It's fairly idiotic that it
isn't a part of the delivered TB.
--
Jeff Barnett
0
On 4/16/2018 8:55 PM, Jeff Barnett wrote:
> Bob Hamilton wrote on 4/16/2018 7:00 PM:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I am slowly migrating from Eudora to Thunderbird and wondering if there
>> is a "Resend Message" option as in Eudora?
>
> There is a TB addon/extension called "Mail Redirect". I've used it for
> several years and it is simple and reliable. It's fairly idiotic that it
> isn't a part of the delivered TB.

Mail Redirect re-sends an existing message while prohibiting any
changes, as if the existing message were originally sent to the new
recipient.  That is, the entire message -- including the header section
-- remains unchanged, except a header field is added to indicate that it
was re-sent.  This requires the Mail Redirect extension from
<https://mailredirect.sourceforge.io/>.

Edit as New Message sends the message while allowing changes, but the
result hides indications of the existing message.  Effectively, an
entirely new message is created by copying only the body of the existing
message.  This capability is inherent in the "vanilla" Thunderbird.

--
David E. Ross
<http://www.rossde.com/>

First you say you do, and then you don't.
And then you say you will, but then won't.
You're undecided now, so what're you goin' to do?
                        From a 1950s song
That should be Donald Trump's theme song.  He obviously
does not understand "commitment", whether it is about
policy or marriage.
0
David