Installation of 2.0.0.6 fails with "You don't have sufficient disk space to install in this location"

The installation requires 24MB and I have 174.7GB according to the
Mozilla Thunderbird Setup screen, which is correct.  I am running
Vista Business.  Any idea what can be causing this or how to work
around it?

freymos

freymos@hotmail.com schrieb:
> The installation requires 24MB and I have 174.7GB according to the
> Mozilla Thunderbird Setup screen, which is correct.  I am running
> Vista Business.  Any idea what can be causing this or how to work
> around it?
>
> Thanks

Maybe you have no admin rights for the installation. Or there is some
general problem with vista. I'm not using vista so I cannot test it.
0
Spiderman
10/18/2007 2:23:34 PM
On Oct 18, 10:23 am, Spiderman <A...@gmx.de> wrote:
> frey...@hotmail.com schrieb:> The installation requires 24MB and I have 174.7GB according to the
> > Mozilla Thunderbird Setup screen, which is correct.  I am running
> > Vista Business.  Any idea what can be causing this or how to work
> > around it?
>
> > Thanks
>
> Maybe you have no admin rights for the installation. Or there is some
> general problem with vista. I'm not using vista so I cannot test it.

I executed the installation program with "Run as administrator" and
with user access controls turned off.  I also ran it with my firewall
and AV disabled.  I check the Event Logs and there were not events
written by the installation.

0
freymos
10/18/2007 8:03:24 PM
freymos@hotmail.com wrote, On 10/19/2007 01:33 AM:
> On Oct 18, 10:23 am, Spiderman <A...@gmx.de> wrote:
>> frey...@hotmail.com schrieb:> The installation requires 24MB and I
>> have 174.7GB according to the
>>> Mozilla Thunderbird Setup screen, which is correct.  I am running
>>>  Vista Business.  Any idea what can be causing this or how to
>>> work around it?
>>
>>> Thanks
>>
>> Maybe you have no admin rights for the installation. Or there is
>> some general problem with vista. I'm not using vista so I cannot
>> test it.
>
> I executed the installation program with "Run as administrator" and
> with user access controls turned off.  I also ran it with my firewall
>  and AV disabled.  I check the Event Logs and there were not events
> written by the installation.

Which option you have choosen in installer , Custom install or Standard
install ?

Try two things :
Create a folder named "mozilla" just under the drive .
Clean your temp files
["http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Windows/en-US/Help/1264bc24-72a8-48aa-84e3-a355327139d91033.mspx"].
Now try to install thunderbird in mozilla folder with admin right .
0
Nir
10/19/2007 2:12:11 PM
Previously I attempted both standard and custom installs.  I even pre-
created the c:\progrm files\mozilla thunderbird directory.   I
attempted your suggestions and not luck.  I receive the same message.

Nir wrote:
> freymos@hotmail.com wrote, On 10/19/2007 01:33 AM:
> > On Oct 18, 10:23 am, Spiderman <A...@gmx.de> wrote:
> >> frey...@hotmail.com schrieb:> The installation requires 24MB and I
> >> have 174.7GB according to the

> >> Maybe you have no admin rights for the installation. Or there is
> >> some general problem with vista. I'm not using vista so I cannot
> >> test it.
> >
> > I executed the installation program with "Run as administrator" and
> > with user access controls turned off.  I also ran it with my firewall
> >  and AV disabled.  I check the Event Logs and there were not events
> > written by the installation.
> >

> Which option you have choosen in installer , Custom install or Standard
> install ?
>
> Try two things :
> Create a folder named "mozilla" just under the drive .
> Clean your temp files
> ["http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Windows/en-US/Help/1264bc24-72a8-48aa-84e3-a355327139d91033.mspx"].
> Now try to install thunderbird in mozilla folder with admin right .

0
freymos

Installed 2.0.0.8, then it automatically "upgraded" itself to 2.0.0.6!!!
Name: Filip Giesz Email: filipgatrepairfaqdotorg Product: Firefox Summary: Installed 2.0.0.8, then it automatically "upgraded" itself to 2.0.0.6!!! Comments: I can send you details and gifs of the About dialog and the Update dialog. Bizarre. I'll be shutting the autoupdate in 2.0.0.8 OFF... ...

Thunderbird 2.0.0.6 "Search Messages" won't accept input
Name: John Email: LoveLearnatcableonedotnet Product: Thunderbird Summary: Thunderbird 2.0.0.6 "Search Messages" won't accept input - won't work Comments: I've been using Mozilla Mail for more than a decade, dating to early Netscape versions, using the "Search Messages" function regularly. Now, having installed Thunderbird 2.0.0.6, that functionality is suddenly lost. It doesn't display a box into which search strings may be entered, and doesn't appear to offer choice of searching message bodies. This is a huge loss to me. Will reinst...

Module::Install: dependencies don't install with "make install"
I want to make a distribution that packages up dependencies for me. I think Module::Install is supposed to do this for me. Without the boring details, So I make a little module, tweak the Makefile.PL thusly: And I say "make dist", move the tar.gz file over to my other (windoze) machine, and untar it, and have what I expect in the inc dir: I say perl Makefile.PL, and make install - happy: =========================================== So I make a little module, tweak the Makefile.PL thusly: use 5.005; use inc::Module::Install; name ('SGlicense'); version ('1....

SeaMonkey v2.0.5 to v2.0.6 update failed -- "The update could not be installed..."
Hi! On my updated 64-bit Windows 7 HP machine, I am having problems updating Mozilla's SeaMonkey v2.0.5 to v2.0.6. After coming in, I launched SeaMonkey, told it to manually check for updates, downloaded the small updates, told it to restart right away, and then an error from its Software Update Failed -- "The update could not be installed. Please make sure there are no other copies of SeaMonkey running on your computer, and then restart SeaMonkey to try again." I never had this problem with previous updates. I tried running seamonkey.exe as administrator. I l...

thunderbird 2.0.0.14 "today" "yesterday" "two weeks ago" "old mail"
Name: chris hinkle Email: chrisatchrishinkledotcom Product: Thunderbird Summary: thunderbird 2.0.0.14 "today" "yesterday" "two weeks ago" "old mail" Comments: what the? if your going to put something as annoying as telling me when the emails groupings were sent AT LEAST make it something that is changeable/customizable as I can SEE when they were sent, I do not need or like them grouped in this fashion - I find it extremely annoying...please make all future updates and this asap with full customizable layouts thank you chris ...

2.0.0.19 Auto-Install Fails...Result?Can't access old Thunderbird...Dumb!
Name: Nicolas Rockler Email: norockleatyahoodotcom Product: Thunderbird Summary: 2.0.0.19 Auto-Install Fails...Result?Can't access old Thunderbird...Dumb! Comments: Wow, this is bad! Fails with Vista, fails with XP....Did you guys hire someone from Symantec or MS? Words of advice...beta-test twice, install once, not the other way around. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.0.5) Gecko/2008120122 Firefox/3.0.5 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but i...

the "installation instructions" don't say how to install
Name: Tryggvi EDWALD Product: Firefox Summary: the "installation instructions" don't say how to install Comments: the webpage one is referred to, just says that the new installation will overwrite the old one, but doesn't mention how one goes about installing. I have now a heap of untarred files, and none of them is called something obvious, like "install" or such. What to do?? Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.8.0.1) Gecko/20060313 Fedora/1.5.0.1-9 Firefox/1.5.0.1 pango-text ...

FF "forced" install of 2.0.0.16!
Name: Robert S. Hoyle Email: rhoyleatearthlinkdotnet Product: Firefox Summary: FF "forced" install of 2.0.0.16! Comments: What the hell is *wrong* with you people. For weeks, I keep getting notices to d/l and install 16. I don't choose to do that right now. And, later, I get more and more of these attempts. I have *all* Notifications, Auto d/ls, etc, TURNED OFF. But, finally, today, FF 16 just installed itself, when I booted up and opened these programs! No "ask me," no nuthin'. Now, I have to go in and change a lot of settings for urls,...

TB 2.0.0.6 "All" vs. "Unread" messages
Help! I was just offered this new TB, and I downloaded and installed it. Have clicked and looked and can't seem to get it to go to "Unread"...... advice, please....... And the new "Tag" in the upper bar.....I point and click and try to drag it somewhere to get rid of it......but nothing happens....... William B. Lurie wrote: > Help! I was just offered this new TB, and I > downloaded and installed it. Have clicked and looked > and can't seem to get it to go to "Unread"...... > advice, please....... > try compact the folders...

couldn't install "Flashgot" or "DownThemAll" #2
Name: ayappan Email: ayappan75atrediffmaildotcom Product: Minefield Summary: couldn't install "Flashgot" or "DownThemAll" Comments: FIREFOX 4 ALPHA 1 doesn't accept any download manager extensions or sense the download links. I couldn't install "Flashgot" or "DownThemAll" Could anybody help me out...... thanks Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:2.0a1pre) Gecko/2008031102 Minefield/4.0a1pre ...

I get "The stored procedure 'dbo.AddDesktopModule' doesn't exist" Error installing 3.012 and 3.013. Version 2.12 installs fine.
I keep getting the following "The stored procedure 'dbo.AddDesktopModule' doesn't exist" Error installing 3.012 and 3.013. Version 2.12 installs fine.  I get the same error if I try to upgrade to version 3.013 after installing version 2.12.  Any ideas. I had a similar problem a while back. My problem was that the Sql Server was setup to be case sensitive. It can  not be this way for Dnn. Maybe something to look at....

Have 2.0.0.3.
Name: Mickey Mouse Email: grabthebonusatgmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Have 2.0.0.3. - just received 2.0.0.2. as an "Update"? Comments: Hi, I have version 2.0.0.3 installed. I just got a dialogue box telling me that I have received 2.0.0.2 as an update. This obviously doesn't make sense. What is going on here? Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-GB; rv:1.8.1.3) Gecko/20070309 Firefox/2.0.0.3 ...

Can't Install 2.0.0.6
Name: Margo Pinkerton Email: TBCatZAPphotodotcom Product: Thunderbird Summary: Can't Install 2.0.0.6 Comments: When I try to install Thunderbird Beta 2.0.0.6, I get the following error message: Error opening file for writing: C:\Program Files\Mozilla Thunderbird\mozMapi32.dll Click Retry to try again, or Cancel to stop the installation. I am on a PC w/ XP Pro. I love Thunderbird and was really looking forward to the new Beta with added features. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.6) Gecko/20070725 Firefox/2.0.0.6 ...

Just after Firefox 2.0.0.2 installed itself this morning, my printers are blown away. Can't install as my spoolers are preventing any action.
Name: Ron Mayer Email: neymetalsaterolsdotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Just after Firefox 2.0.0.2 installed itself this morning, my printers are blown away. Can't install as my spoolers are preventing any action. Comments: Error signature szAppName : spoolsv.exe szAppVer : 5.1.2600.2696 szModName:SR32DLL szModver: 6.1.520.1 offset:0002e888 Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.2) Gecko/20070219 Firefox/2.0.0.2 ...

Web resources about - Installation of 2.0.0.6 fails with "You don't have sufficient disk space to install in this location" - mozilla.support.thunderbird