HTML #2

Since upgrading to 52.9.0, TB is insisting on displaying in HTML mails
which presumably have been created in HTML. I prefer to view as plain
text whenever possible - how can I choose to do so?

Windows 10

--
Peter Lawson
021-797-4493

0
Peter

Peter Lawson wrote:

> Since upgrading to 52.9.0, TB is insisting on displaying in HTML mails
> which presumably have been created in HTML. I prefer to view as plain
> text whenever possible - how can I choose to do so?

Alt-V, MessageBodyAs > PlainText

0
Andy
7/9/2018 4:12:39 PM
On 7/9/2018 11:33 AM, Peter Lawson wrote:
> Since upgrading to 52.9.0, TB is insisting on displaying in HTML mails
> which presumably have been created in HTML. I prefer to view as plain
> text whenever possible - how can I choose to do so?
>
> Windows 10

Your original setting was View > Message Body As > Plain Text and it was
changed to Original HTML upon the update?

I can't reproduce this using my 52.9.0 on Windows 10.
0
WaltS48
7/9/2018 4:59:35 PM
On 2018-07-09 11:33, Peter Lawson wrote:
> Since upgrading to 52.9.0, TB is insisting on displaying in HTML mails
> which presumably have been created in HTML. I prefer to view as plain
> text whenever possible - how can I choose to do so?
>
> Windows 10

Tbird has two HTMl settings: Original and Simple. I find that Simple
almost always gives me a plain-text look, if not always with the default
plain text font.

There are also differences in the way images are inserted into HTML
messages, which affects the way they will be displayed. Some email
clients don't provide the plain text version of the message.

Bottom line: you have limited control over how a message will display.
Play around with the controls to get the least annoying displays.

--
Wolf K
kirkwood40.blogspot.com