How to delete/remove plugins

--------------B972E113ADBF3E7A555E8D0F

Is there a way? How do they get there in the first place?

Pointers to docs explaining this is fine/best.

--------------B972E113ADBF3E7A555E8D0F

  <head>

  </head>
    Is there a way? How do they get there in the first place?<br>
    Pointers to docs explaining this is fine/best.<br>

--------------B972E113ADBF3E7A555E8D0F--
0
Disaster
3/10/2017 6:03:57 PM
mozilla.support.thunderbird 21830 articles. 2 followers. Post Follow

Disaster Master wrote on 3/10/2017 12:03 PM:
> Is there a way? How do they get there in the first place?
>
> Pointers to docs explaining this is fine/best.

Actually TB does a search scan to look for potential plugins. Yor need to
find the programs the have NP plugin files als delete the file. Make note
the the program so updates are checked for file replacement and deletion.
Adobe Acrobat is like that with FF. TB does it with Flash even tho the
User did not need it.

--
Ron K.
Thunderbird user since May, 2003

On 3/10/2017, 2:28:59 PM, Ron K. <ronkillmer1@gmail.com> wrote:
> Disaster Master wrote on 3/10/2017 12:03 PM:
>> Is there a way? How do they get there in the first place?
>>
>> Pointers to docs explaining this is fine/best.
> Actually TB does a search scan to look for potential plugins. Yor need to
> find the programs the have NP plugin files als delete the file. Make note
> the the program so updates are checked for file replacement and deletion.
> Adobe Acrobat is like that with FF. TB does it with Flash even tho the
> User did not need it.

So, is there a way to change where/how it does this scan? Even turn it off?

--------------00A28F103A35B772E55E3758

  <head>
      http-equiv="Content-Type">
  </head>
      <a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E" href="mailto:ronkillmer1@gmail.com">&lt;ronkillmer1@gmail.com&gt;</a> wrote:<br>
      type="cite">
      <pre wrap="">Disaster Master wrote on 3/10/2017 12:03 PM:
</pre>
        <pre wrap="">Is there a way? How do they get there in the first place?

Pointers to docs explaining this is fine/best.
</pre>
      <pre wrap="">
Actually TB does a search scan to look for potential plugins. Yor need to
find the programs the have NP plugin files als delete the file. Make note
the the program so updates are checked for file replacement and deletion.
Adobe Acrobat is like that with FF. TB does it with Flash even tho the
User did not need it.
</pre>
    So, is there a way to change where/how it does this scan? Even turn
    it off?<br>

--------------00A28F103A35B772E55E3758--
0
Disaster
3/10/2017 8:11:20 PM
On 3/10/2017 3:11 PM, Disaster Master wrote:
> On 3/10/2017, 2:28:59 PM, Ron K. <ronkillmer1@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Disaster Master wrote on 3/10/2017 12:03 PM:
>>> Is there a way? How do they get there in the first place?
>>>
>>> Pointers to docs explaining this is fine/best.
>> Actually TB does a search scan to look for potential plugins. Yor need to
>> find the programs the have NP plugin files als delete the file. Make note
>> the the program so updates are checked for file replacement and deletion.
>> Adobe Acrobat is like that with FF. TB does it with Flash even tho the
>> User did not need it.
>
> So, is there a way to change where/how it does this scan? Even turn it off?

The plugins are disabled, so it really doesn't matter that they are listed.
0
Wayne
3/10/2017 8:35:16 PM
On 3/10/2017 3:11 PM, Disaster Master wrote:
> On 3/10/2017, 2:28:59 PM, Ron K. <ronkillmer1@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Disaster Master wrote on 3/10/2017 12:03 PM:
>>> Is there a way? How do they get there in the first place?
>>>
>>> Pointers to docs explaining this is fine/best.
>> Actually TB does a search scan to look for potential plugins. Yor need to
>> find the programs the have NP plugin files als delete the file. Make note
>> the the program so updates are checked for file replacement and deletion.
>> Adobe Acrobat is like that with FF. TB does it with Flash even tho the
>> User did not need it.
>
> So, is there a way to change where/how it does this scan? Even turn it off?

The plugins are disabled, so it really doesn't matter that they are listed.
0
Wayne
3/10/2017 8:35:16 PM
On 3/10/2017 3:11 PM, Disaster Master wrote:
> On 3/10/2017, 2:28:59 PM, Ron K. <ronkillmer1@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Disaster Master wrote on 3/10/2017 12:03 PM:
>>> Is there a way? How do they get there in the first place?
>>>
>>> Pointers to docs explaining this is fine/best.
>> Actually TB does a search scan to look for potential plugins. Yor need to
>> find the programs the have NP plugin files als delete the file. Make note
>> the the program so updates are checked for file replacement and deletion.
>> Adobe Acrobat is like that with FF. TB does it with Flash even tho the
>> User did not need it.
>
> So, is there a way to change where/how it does this scan? Even turn it off?

The plugins are disabled, so it really doesn't matter that they are listed.
0
Wayne
--------------5A757AB13873A1047833BD89

On Fri Mar 10 2017 15:35:16 GMT-0500 (Eastern Standard Time), Wayne
<vseerror@lehigh.edu> wrote:
> On 3/10/2017 3:11 PM, Disaster Master wrote:

>>> Actually TB does a search scan to look for potential plugins. Yor need to
>>> find the programs the have NP plugin files als delete the file. Make note
>>> the the program so updates are checked for file replacement and deletion.
>>> Adobe Acrobat is like that with FF. TB does it with Flash even tho the
>>> User did not need it.
>> So, is there a way to change where/how it does this scan? Even turn it off?
> The plugins are disabled, so it really doesn't matter that they are listed.

Thanks you. Now can you answer my question?

--------------5A757AB13873A1047833BD89

  <head>
      http-equiv="Content-Type">
  </head>
      (Eastern Standard Time), Wayne <a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E" href="mailto:vseerror@lehigh.edu">&lt;vseerror@lehigh.edu&gt;</a> wrote:<br>
      cite="mid:5c94b4a5-6e4b-9489-1aa8-ed543093909a@lehigh.edu"
      type="cite">
      <pre wrap="">On 3/10/2017 3:11 PM, Disaster Master wrote:
</pre>
        <pre wrap="">On 3/10/2017, 2:28:59 PM, Ron K. <a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E" href="mailto:ronkillmer1@gmail.com">&lt;ronkillmer1@gmail.com&gt;</a> wrote:
</pre>
          <pre wrap="">Disaster Master wrote on 3/10/2017 12:03 PM:
</pre>
            <pre wrap="">Is there a way? How do they get there in the first place?

Pointers to docs explaining this is fine/best.
</pre>
          <pre wrap="">Actually TB does a search scan to look for potential plugins. Yor need to
find the programs the have NP plugin files als delete the file. Make note
the the program so updates are checked for file replacement and deletion.
Adobe Acrobat is like that with FF. TB does it with Flash even tho the
User did not need it.
</pre>
        <pre wrap="">
So, is there a way to change where/how it does this scan? Even turn it off?
</pre>
      <pre wrap="">
The plugins are disabled, so it really doesn't matter that they are listed.
</pre>
    Thanks you. Now can you answer my question?<br>

--------------060807030709020103000109

On 10/03/2017 18:03, Disaster Master wrote:
> Is there a way? How do they get there in the first place?
>
> Pointers to docs explaining this is fine/best.

First to disable plugins, you need to go to:

Tools >> Add-Ons

Now you can disable the plugins from this window.  You can't delete or
remove from this window but there might be a way to remove from the
preferences file but I don't use any plugins or extensions so I haven't
tried it.

Are there any plugins that you are not able to deactivate?

> How do they get there in the first place?

Mozilla used to bundle some plugins to make User's experience manageable
using TB so that some features are available without getting frustrated.

--

If you want to filter all of my posts then please read this article:
<https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/organize-your-messages-using-filters>

With over 500 million devices now running Windows 10, customer

--------------060807030709020103000109

  <head>
  </head>
      wrote:<br>
cite="mid:mailman.74.1489169041.10543.support-thunderbird@lists.mozilla.org"
      type="cite">
      Is there a way? How do they get there in the first place?<br>
      Pointers to docs explaining this is fine/best.<br>
    First to disable plugins, you need to go to:<br>
    Tools &gt;&gt; Add-Ons<br>
    Now you can disable the plugins from this window.  You can't delete
    or remove from this window but there might be a way to remove from
    the preferences file but I don't use any plugins or extensions so I
    haven't tried it.<br>
    Are there any plugins that you are not able to deactivate?<br>
    Mozilla used to bundle some plugins to make User's experience
    manageable using TB so that some features are available without
    getting frustrated.  <br>
        If you want to filter all of my posts then please read this
        article:<br>
        <a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E"
href="https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/organize-your-messages-using-filters">&lt;https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/organize-your-messages-using-filters&gt;</a><br>
        In step 7 select "Delete"<br>
        yellow;font-weight: bolder; font-size:150%; text-align: center;
        margin: 30px 5px 30px 5px;">With over 500 million devices now
        running Windows 10, customer satisfaction is higher than any
        previous version of windows.</div>

--------------060807030709020103000109--
0
Good
3/10/2017 9:44:10 PM
On 3/10/2017 10:03 AM, Disaster Master wrote:
> Is there a way? How do they get there in the first place?
>
> Pointers to docs explaining this is fine/best.

Plugins (not extensions) are actually installed and removed
independently of Thunderbird and other Mozilla-based applications.  If
you installed an application that provides a plugin, Thunderbird will
find it.  To remove a plugin, you must use the "Programs and Features"
capability reached through the Windows Control Panel.  That will remove
both the plugin and the application that provided it.

Of course, you can use Thunderbird's Add-ons Manager to get the name of
the plugin's file, usually ending in ".dll".  Then do a windows search
for that file and delete it.  If that totally corrupts your system, too
bad.

--
David E. Ross
<http://www.rossde.com/>

Paraphrasing Mark Twain, who was quoting someone else:
There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and
alternative truths.
0
David