How to change colors of the source code viewer?

Both in Thunderbird and Firefox, I have changed the settings:

1. Thunderbird: Edit -> Preferences -> Look -> "Formatting" tab ->
("colors" button) and the color for unformatted messages

Thunderbird is also set to always show messages without formatting, so
the colors are respected for opened messages, even if they are formatted
with different colors - usually not explicitly chosen by users, so that
is just a bad consequence of other's "choices". Sometimes I also use
option "Show -> Format message as -> simple HTML", but that eventually
is not a good option.

2. Firefox: Edit -> Preferences -> Content -> "Colors" button.

With these settings, Firefox shows pages and also their source with my
chosen colors.

But Thunderbird does not. The message source page is black letters and
white background, which is very eye hurting.

The colors that most parts of Thunderbird use, respect the theme of my
window manager. But source code window in an exception, a very bad one.

How can I change it? Why is there no way to make it follow the current
theme used by the OS?
0
Balaco
12/7/2017 2:10:24 PM
mozilla.support.thunderbird 22179 articles. 2 followers. Post Follow

*-* On Thu, 7 Dec 2017, at 12:10:24 -0200,
*-* In Article
<mailman.16.1512655857.27117.support-thunderbird@lists.mozilla.org>,
*-* Balaco wrote
*-* About How to change colors of the source code viewer?

> Both in Thunderbird and Firefox, I have changed the settings:

> 1. Thunderbird: Edit -> Preferences -> Look -> "Formatting" tab ->
> ("colors" button) and the color for unformatted messages

> Thunderbird is also set to always show messages without formatting,
> so the colors are respected for opened messages, even if they are
> formatted with different colors - usually not explicitly chosen by
> users, so that is just a bad consequence of other's "choices".
> Sometimes I also use option "Show -> Format message as -> simple
> HTML", but that eventually is not a good option.

> 2. Firefox: Edit -> Preferences -> Content -> "Colors" button.

> With these settings, Firefox shows pages and also their source with
> my chosen colors.

> But Thunderbird does not. The message source page is black letters
> and white background, which is very eye hurting.

> The colors that most parts of Thunderbird use, respect the theme of
> my window manager. But source code window in an exception, a very
> bad one.

> How can I change it? Why is there no way to make it follow the
> current theme used by the OS?

      In older versions of Thunderbird the message source window used
to use the colors of the Message Pane/Window, which I think is what
you want.  When and why it was changed I don't know, but I don't like
it either.  I think the colors can probably be changed by using the
userContent.css file, but I don't know the names of the elements
involved so I can't give you specific code for it.  Perhaps someone
else reading this can help with that.

                                         Ken Whiton
--
     FIDO: 1:132/152
Ken
Em 11-12-2017 07:52, Ken Whiton escreveu:
> *-* On Thu, 7 Dec 2017, at 12:10:24 -0200,
> *-* In Article
> <mailman.16.1512655857.27117.support-thunderbird@lists.mozilla.org>,
> *-* Balaco wrote
> *-* About How to change colors of the source code viewer?
>
>> Both in Thunderbird and Firefox, I have changed the settings:
>
>> 1. Thunderbird: Edit -> Preferences -> Look -> "Formatting" tab ->
>> ("colors" button) and the color for unformatted messages
>
>> Thunderbird is also set to always show messages without formatting,
>> so the colors are respected for opened messages, even if they are
>> formatted with different colors - usually not explicitly chosen by
>> users, so that is just a bad consequence of other's "choices".
>> Sometimes I also use option "Show -> Format message as -> simple
>> HTML", but that eventually is not a good option.
>
>> 2. Firefox: Edit -> Preferences -> Content -> "Colors" button.
>
>> With these settings, Firefox shows pages and also their source with
>> my chosen colors.
>
>> But Thunderbird does not. The message source page is black letters
>> and white background, which is very eye hurting.
>
>> The colors that most parts of Thunderbird use, respect the theme of
>> my window manager. But source code window in an exception, a very
>> bad one.
>
>> How can I change it? Why is there no way to make it follow the
>> current theme used by the OS?
>
>      In older versions of Thunderbird the message source window used
> to use the colors of the Message Pane/Window, which I think is what
> you want.  When and why it was changed I don't know, but I don't like
> it either.  I think the colors can probably be changed by using the
> userContent.css file, but I don't know the names of the elements
> involved so I can't give you specific code for it.  Perhaps someone
> else reading this can help with that.

Thank you! I had already changed the 4 color options in Thunderbird, but
I did not set the option to "*always* change the colors", in the same
window the 4 colors are changed. I was thinking that I needed to do
something different in Thunderbird, something extra (somehow).
0
Balaco