how thunderbird works on newsgroups?

well, I was using Outlook Express...
and Im really happy with Thunderbird now..

But I dont understand how it works with newsgroups...

You cant download all the new messages?
It just download headers, and I have to be online
to download each one and read them

Luciano
0
Luciano
2/13/2006 6:23:08 AM
mozilla.support.thunderbird 22506 articles. 5 followers. Post Follow

On 13.02.2006 06:23 UK Time, Luciano A. Ferrer wrote:
> well, I was using Outlook Express...
> and Im really happy with Thunderbird now..
>
> But I dont understand how it works with newsgroups...
>
> You cant download all the new messages?
> It just download headers, and I have to be online
> to download each one and read them
>
> Luciano

Hi Luciano,

yes, you can download the messages.

Right-click on the newsgroup you want to download and select Properties,
then select the Offline tab, and the rest is self-explanatory. OK?

--
Herbert Eppel
www.HETranslation.co.uk
> On 13.02.2006 06:23 UK Time, Luciano A. Ferrer wrote:
>> well, I was using Outlook Express...
>> and Im really happy with Thunderbird now..
>>
>> But I dont understand how it works with newsgroups...
>>
>> You cant download all the new messages?
>> It just download headers, and I have to be online
>> to download each one and read them
>>
>> Luciano
>
> Hi Luciano,
>
> yes, you can download the messages.
>
> Right-click on the newsgroup you want to download and select Properties,
> then select the Offline tab, and the rest is self-explanatory. OK?

Yep, thanks a lot Herb...
I have not seen that configuration section before!

Luciano
0
Luciano

Thunderbird to Thunderbird
Our laptop went bad but hard drive is good and have accessed it. How do I transfer the email etc. from the old laptop to a desktop computer with a fresh install of thunderbird? Thank you! zparky wrote: > Our laptop went bad but hard drive is good and have accessed it. How do > I transfer the email etc. from the old laptop to a desktop computer with > a fresh install of thunderbird? > Thank you! Find your profile folder on the old drive. (This will help you find it: http://kb.mozillazine.org/Profile_folder_-_Thunderbird Use the instructions for Vista if you are...

Thunderbird and Thunderbird portable
Hi I use thunderbird on my home computer but travel to other friends and family and would like to use thunderbird portable Pleas can someone give an idiot proff step by step on how to transfer my account settings etc to my U3 usb Thanks On 4/23/2009 10:16 AM, user@domain.invalid wrote: > Hi I use thunderbird on my home computer but travel to other friends and > family and would like to use thunderbird portable Pleas can someone give > an idiot proff step by step on how to transfer my account settings etc > to my U3 usb > > Thanks See: http://kb.mozillazin...

Newsgroup filtering not working in Thunderbird
Hi, I must be losing the plot here, but I cant seem to get newsgroup filtering to work at all in Thunderbird 1.0.6. Workflow: 1. Select message in newsgroup that I want to block sender of. 2. Right click on sender email and choose Create filter from message 3. Leave defaults (filter on email and delete) and press OK Nothing happens! And there is no way to manually apply the filter! WTF? Is this supposed to work or what!?! Arrrggh... I like Thunderbird, but if it doesnt support this *basic* feature, I'm gonna have to switch... James Bray james_bray@yahoo.c...

Thunderbird
Hi all, I have a thunderbird install on a pc, I want to transfer all the emails on a new pc, how do I go about it? Thanks Anastassios On 17.10.2007 08:01 UK Time, Anastassios Giannaras wrote: > Hi all, > > I have a thunderbird install on a pc, I want to transfer all the emails > on a new pc, how do I go about it? No need to import - simply move/copy your whole mail folder to the new PC and tell TB where to find it. Please ask again if you need more detailed instructions (or someone else will probably provide them anyway). -- Herbert Eppel www.HETr...

Thunderbird To Thunderbird #2
Just downloaded and set up Thunderbird on my PC laptop. I transferred my contacts from Opera to Thunderbird. I set up a bunch of eMail Accounts. I put fresh install on my desktop PC. I see how to get the contacts from the laptop to the desktop. How do I get the eMail account setup from the laptop to the desktop. I do not see any export / import for that. Is there a file to copy over? Some utility to maintain the Accounts? On 06/20/2013 10:56 PM, OldGuy wrote: > Just downloaded and set up Thunderbird on my PC laptop. > I transferred my contacts from Opera to Thunder...

Does Thunderbird support/work in Windows 7?
I've heard conflicting opinions, and Win 7 doesn't have any Windows Mail any more. TIA. Paul PaulR wrote: > I've heard conflicting opinions, and Win 7 doesn't have any Windows Mail > any more. Yes, TB works just fine with W7. On 11/27/2009 11:00 PM, PaulR wrote: > I've heard conflicting opinions, and Win 7 doesn't have any Windows Mail > any more. > > TIA. > Paul They strongly encourage use of Windows Live Mail. NO! On 11/28/2009 12:59 AM, Tarkus wrote: > PaulR wrote: >> I've heard conflicting opinions, and ...

Thunderbird Windows to Thunderbird Linux
I have a dual boot system set-up with Windows XP and Fedora Core 2. I use Thunderbird on both platforms; how can I easily import my mail and mail settings (filters, accounts, etc) from Windows XP Thunderbird to Fedora Core 2 Thunderbird?? I have all of my Windows partitions mounted in Fedora, so accessing the Thunderbird settings directory isn't a problem. I'm currently running TB 1.0RC1 on Win XP and TB 0.9 on FC2. Thanks in advance! Richard York wrote: > I have a dual boot system set-up with Windows XP and Fedora Core 2. I > use Thunderbird on both platfor...

Thunderbird newsgroups
I decided to switch from OE to thunderbird. But I can't seem to find a section in TB to setup were the newsgroup requires login. (grc.com) thanks for any help CA Settings I use on my (Linux) Thunderbird -- Preferences: Advanced Outgoing Server (SMTP) Settings Added news.grc.com:119 Select "TLS, if available" Select "Use name and password" In the news.grc.com Account settintgs/server settings Advanced button, SMTP tab: Select the outgoing server just configured in previous steps It is confusing to configure an outgoing NNTP (119) server usin...

Support for Thunderbird
Name: Ron Giddens Email: monron9attalktalkdotnet Product: Thunderbird Summary: Support for Thunderbird Comments: I have recently changed to broadband supplied by the Carphone Warehouse (don't be fooled by the name - they are very big firm with many products) called Talktalk. I am having difficulty both sending and receiving e-mails and am told by their helpline (which I suspect is based in India) that they do not support Thunderbird. Could you approach them to see if they can develop a support programme as I suspect this affects a lot of British users? Browser Deta...

How to transfer messages from Thunderbird to Thunderbird
This should be so easy but I cannot seem to find the answer. I have moved from one computer to another (both WinXP) and want to export/import the Tbird messages from the first computer to Tbird on the second. They are not networked, so it will have to be done via a thumb drive. I'd appreciate assistance -- thanks in advance. Lindsay Graham Canberra, Australia h The date and time was Wednesday, March 25, 2009 6:50:13 AM, and on a whim, Lindsay Graham pounded out on the keyboard: > > > > > This should be s...

merge/import from thunderbird into thunderbird
hi all, i'm unable to import and merge several different 'Inbox' files, the only solution I can find is to setup fake accounts and copy the file onto their subdirs... any better solutions? I'm running thunderbird 0.5 (20040902) on bsd. -- sincerely, fondula di carceri fondula di carceri wrote: > hi all, > i'm unable to import and merge several different 'Inbox' files, the only > solution I can find is to setup fake accounts and copy the file onto > their subdirs... any better solutions? I'm running thunderbird 0.5 > (20040...

Migrating settings from Thunderbird to Thunderbird
I have a new computer and I would like to move my account settings from Thunderbird on the old computer to Thunderbird on the new computer. Is there anyway to do this? The email is stored on the IMAP server, so doesn't have to be moved. But I have my account set up just how I like it, and I don't want to have to transfer all of those settings all over again. Thanks for your assistance! On 07/30/05 14:54, Evan wrote: > I have a new computer and I would like to move my account settings from > Thunderbird on the old computer to Thunderbird on the new computer. Is &g...

Thunderbird newsgroups
Is there a way to rearrange the list of newsgroups? Thanks On 24.06.2006 11:47 pm, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused ElaineP to generate the following:? : > Is there a way to rearrange the list of newsgroups? Thanks try the lower half of the following "Edit the *.rc files" reg Editing *.rc files (Newsgroups) The *.rc files store the count of posts that you have read. Sometimes though, they get the hiccups and lose count, causing the "Message Count" that shows next to the NG Folder to give either the wrong number of "unread posts" o...

'run' of interface 'nsIProcess' failed in Thunderbird 3 RC1 but works in Thunderbird 2
Hi all, I've got a problem with a Thunderbird add-on which works always fine in Thunderbird 2. But in Thunderbird 3 (RC1) there are some problems. I hope someone can help me with the following point: The extension should start a windows application (exe) with some arguments, first time. The application keeps itself in the memory. All following calls of the application with arguments should call the still existing application with new arguments and so on (keep itself in memory and get the new arguments is managed by the application). But with Tunderbird 3 (RC1) there is ...

Web resources about - how thunderbird works on newsgroups? - mozilla.support.thunderbird

Mozilla Thunderbird
Mozilla Thunderbird is created by a global non-profit dedicated to putting individuals in control and shaping the future of the web for the public ...

Thunderbirds Are Go - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Thunderbirds Are Go is a 1966 British science-fiction film based on Thunderbirds , a 1960s television series starring marionette puppets and ...

Edit - Thunderbird - CrunchBase Product Profile
TechCrunch CrunchBase More TechCrunch Europe TechCrunch France TechCrunch Japan Register - Login or Advanced Search Home > Products > Thunderbird ...

F-16C Thunderbirds Formation - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
USAF Thunderbirds at the 2008 Battle Creek Air Show

Thunderbirds Are Go - Introducing The World - YouTube
The world of Thunderbirds Are Go, Tracy Island, miniature sets and craft have been lovingly made by none other than WETA Workshop - the model ...

Thunderbirds are go: First pictures of TV remake
The first images of the upcoming TV reboot of the iconic series Thunderbirds have been released, recasting the iconic puppets from the 1960s ...

Thunderbirds creator Gerry Anderson dies aged 83
... puppet TV shows Captain Scarlet, Stingray and Joe 90 died in his sleep, his son announces. Gerry Anderson, best known as the creator of Thunderbirds ...

Firebirds hold nerve to hold out Thunderbirds
It was another close shave but Queensland Firebirds coach Roselee Jencke was happy for her side to take a second straight win.

Thunderbirds are go, puppets are gone
Human Thunderbirds? What does this mean, writes James Cockington. - The Age Online

Southerners steal last-gasp draw against Thunderbirds
Southern Steel stole a 53-53 draw in the chaotic final seconds of their trans-Tasman netball league clash against Adelaide Thunderbirds.