how do mass delete news postings?

Hi All,

I have my newsgroups set up for viewing as threads.

I would like to be able to click on a top posting,
scroll down to right above a thread I want to
keep, shift click and delete everything in between

Currently, it only gets the first post in each highlighted
thread.

Any way to delete everything is the thread?

I have been having to ctrl click on each thread one
at a time.  Takes forever.

Many thanks,
-T

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Yesterday it worked.

On 2018-04-06 16:19, T wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I have my newsgroups set up for viewing as threads.
>
> I would like to be able to click on a top posting,
> scroll down to right above a thread I want to
> keep, shift click and delete everything in between
>
> Currently, it only gets the first post in each highlighted
> thread.
>
> Any way to delete everything is the thread?
>
> I have been having to ctrl click on each thread one
> at a time.  Takes forever.
>
> Many thanks,
> -T

a) Expand Threads before selecting items for deletion

b) Display messages unthreaded, click on header column title, then
select, etc.

c) make a filter to delete each thread, the Run Now.

Best

--
Wolf K
kirkwood40.blogspot.com
Op 6-4-2018 om 22:19 schreef T:
> Hi All,
>
> I have my newsgroups set up for viewing as threads.
>
> I would like to be able to click on a top posting,
> scroll down to right above a thread I want to
> keep, shift click and delete everything in between
>
> Currently, it only gets the first post in each highlighted
> thread.
>
> Any way to delete everything is the thread?
>
> I have been having to ctrl click on each thread one
> at a time.  Takes forever.
>
> Many thanks,
> -T

Check if the pref mail.operate_on_msgs_in_collapsed_threads is set to true.

Onno
0
Onno
4/6/2018 8:54:02 PM
On 04/06/2018 01:54 PM, Onno Ekker wrote:
> Op 6-4-2018 om 22:19 schreef T:
>> Hi All,
>>
>> I have my newsgroups set up for viewing as threads.
>>
>> I would like to be able to click on a top posting,
>> scroll down to right above a thread I want to
>> keep, shift click and delete everything in between
>>
>> Currently, it only gets the first post in each highlighted
>> thread.
>>
>> Any way to delete everything is the thread?
>>
>> I have been having to ctrl click on each thread one
>> at a time.  Takes forever.
>>
>> Many thanks,
>> -T
>>

> Check if the pref mail.operate_on_msgs_in_collapsed_threads is set to true.
>
> Onno

It is.

If have no problem in regular eMail.  Everything gets deleted,
not just the first message int he thread.  The problem only
exists in news
On 04/06/2018 01:46 PM, Wolf K wrote:
> a) Expand Threads before selecting items for deletion

View --> threads --> expand all threads

Perfect!

Thank you!