how do i stop jaws from saying "misspelled" when it reads incoming or outgoing messages?

Hi Everyone,

I hope you're having a nice summer (in the northern hemisphere) so far.

As the subject says: how do I stop JAWS from saying "misspelled" when it reads incoming or outgoing messages, (i.e. stuff like names)? The word "misspelled" doesn't come up on my braille display, just spoken.

I called VFO and the tech said that it's not a JAWS problem, it's a particular software issue.

Thanks for all assistance.

Audrey
0
audrey

On 6/24/18 6:20 PM, audrey joy wrote:
> Hi Everyone,
>
> I hope you're having a nice summer (in the northern hemisphere) so far.
>
> As the subject says: how do I stop JAWS from saying "misspelled" when it reads incoming or outgoing messages, (i.e. stuff like names)? The word "misspelled" doesn't come up on my braille display, just spoken.
>
> I called VFO and the tech said that it's not a JAWS problem, it's a particular software issue.
>
> Thanks for all assistance.
>
> Audrey

Is there no way to add those names to JAWS' dictionary?
0
dillinger
6/24/2018 5:45:02 PM
On 6/24/2018 12:20 PM, audrey joy wrote:
> Hi Everyone,
>
> I hope you're having a nice summer (in the northern hemisphere) so far.
>
> As the subject says: how do I stop JAWS from saying "misspelled" when it reads incoming or outgoing messages, (i.e. stuff like names)? The word "misspelled" doesn't come up on my braille display, just spoken.
>
> I called VFO and the tech said that it's not a JAWS problem, it's a particular software issue.
>
> Thanks for all assistance.
>
> Audrey

Not sure how you would do this, but you probably need to add the names
to Thunderbird's dictionary.

A sighted user would right click on the word and use Add to Dictionary
from the context menu. There is also an Ignore Word context menu item. I
am not sure if that choice always ignores the word or just for that email.
0
WaltS48
6/24/2018 6:23:34 PM
On 2018-06-24 14:23, WaltS48 <schw01@REMOVEverizon.net> wrote:

> On 6/24/2018 12:20 PM, audrey joy wrote:
>> Hi Everyone,
>>
>> I hope you're having a nice summer (in the northern hemisphere) so far.
>>
>> As the subject says: how do I stop JAWS from saying "misspelled" when
>> it reads incoming or outgoing messages, (i.e. stuff like names)? The
>> word "misspelled" doesn't come up on my braille display, just spoken.
>>
>> I called VFO and the tech said that it's not a JAWS problem, it's a
>> particular software issue.
>>
>> Thanks for all assistance.
>>
>> Audrey
>
> Not sure how you would do this, but you probably need to add the names
> to Thunderbird's dictionary.
>
> A sighted user would right click on the word and use Add to Dictionary
> from the context menu. There is also an Ignore Word context menu item. I
> am not sure if that choice always ignores the word or just for that email.

If the OP means that Thunderbird is flagging from/to lines in REPLIES or
QUOTES (e.g. On that date, Audrey said...) I'm not sure there is a
solution - surely we can't expect someone to add everyone's names to the
dictionary. Might be simpler to just disable the spelling checker
completely in Thunderbird (which you can do in the Options window, under
compositing/spelling.)

Regards,

--
! _\|/_  Sylvain / B00ze64@hotmail.com
oO-( )-Oo  Why experiment on animals w/ so many lawyers out there?

0
B00ze