Help please- Thunderbird "not a valid win32 application" after

Hi, just have a hang while Thunderbird was updating, and after reboot
the TB icon just looks wrong (that default file icon) and when i run
it an error window says that "...\thunderbird.exe is not a valid win32
application" (i have spanish win2K, so i translate the error message).

I=B4m about to reinstall over TB, but just wondering if i=B4m in risk of
loosing all the previous data and folders content.
i a m concerned now and just want to know if this happened to
somenbody and what are the safes steps to take.

Many thanks in advance for any help.
Mat=EDas

0
titopte

On Feb 27, 1:04 pm, titopte <matogue...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi, just have a hang while Thunderbird was updating, and after reboot
> the TB icon just looks wrong (that default file icon) and when i run
> it an error window says that "...\thunderbird.exe is not a valid win32
> application" (i have spanish win2K, so i translate the error message).
>
> I=B4m about to reinstall over TB, but just wondering if i=B4m in risk of
> loosing all the previous data and folders content.
> i a m concerned now and just want to know if this happened to
> somenbody and what are the safes steps to take.
>
> Many thanks in advance for any help.
> Mat=EDas

Ok, found that backup file from the .exe; rename it and then update
succesfully.
cheers
0
titopte

the "Windows Live" "Help Center" "does not support" Firefox
Name: ets3rodamar@hotmail.com Email: ets3rodamarathotmaildotcom Product: Minefield Summary: the "Windows Live" "Help Center" "does not support" Firefox Comments: I received the following info when I tried to access the "Help Central" service of "Windows Live" "http://g.live.com/9uxp9en-us/ftr2?productkey=wlhomepage"...: https://account.live.com/error.aspx?errcode=1047&mkt=de-de [quote] Browser wird nicht unterstützt Versuchen Sie, Ihren Browser auf eine neuere Version zu aktualisieren, um sich be...

Link to Thunderbird Help in "Need more help?"
I think it would be a good idea to add a "Thunderbird Help" link to <http://www.mozilla.org/support/thunderbird/> in the ' Need More Help?' box. Thoughts? Chris Ilias wrote: > I think it would be a good idea to add a "Thunderbird Help" link to > <http://www.mozilla.org/support/thunderbird/> in the ' Need More Help?' > box. Thoughts? We definitely need to make it clearer that this is a Firefox support site. Someone mentioned the fact that the url (support.mozilla.com) doesn't even include the word Firefox in it. So y...

Thunderbird "help" isn't. Help that is...
Name: Ragnorok Email: bumpsatragnorokdotnet Product: Other (please state) Summary: Thunderbird "help" isn't. Help that is... Comments: - When I click "Help" in T'bird, I get a web page to search the KB. That's chock full of junk that doesn't relate to T'bird and that I could care less about, when I'm looking for help ON T'BIRD. This is dumb. - I'm not knocking Mozilla's effort. I'm saying if the help button is going to do something so patently useless, where search doesn't even yield a single hit about T'...

"not a valid win32 application"
Name: James Nicholson-Jolly Email: efrdotsimmons2dot0atlivedotca Product: Thunderbird Summary: "not a valid win32 application" Comments: I attempted to download and install Firebird V 2.0.0.14 on my OS Windows 2000 professional (5.0 framework)and when i tried to start the install process after completing the download i received a message along the lines of "not a valid win32 application." Is there a version of Thunderbird that is compatible with Windows 2000? And where? Please get back to me asap. Also, I am a large supporter of Mozilla products. Thank ...

"Does jpm support for Thunderbird."
I am looking for it to developing plugins for thunderbird --=20 =E6=AD=A4=E8=87=B4 =E7=A4=BC =E7=BD=97=E5=8B=87=E5=88=9A Yours sincerely, Yonggang Luo ...

"Does jpm support for Thunderbird."
I am looking for it to developing plugins for thunderbird --=20 =E6=AD=A4=E8=87=B4 =E7=A4=BC =E7=BD=97=E5=8B=87=E5=88=9A Yours sincerely, Yonggang Luo ...

thunderbird release build error: after building current "hg://releases/comm-release" mach swears that no "dist/bin/thunderbird.exe exist"
Hello guys, please help to explain this gorgeous error message. I'm building releases/comm-release, using 'mach' ofcourse. Right after the message "your build is finished successfully", it unexpectedly tells: "Error running mach.... consider filling bug... Exception: Binary expected "OBJ_DIR/dist/bin/thunderbird.exe" doesn't exist" Correct binaries are in fact placed under mozilla binaries "OBJ_DIR/mozilla/dist/bin/thunderbird.exe" The whole piece of log is below: -----------build.log------------- Single process terminated ...

thunderbird 2.0.0.14 "today" "yesterday" "two weeks ago" "old mail"
Name: chris hinkle Email: chrisatchrishinkledotcom Product: Thunderbird Summary: thunderbird 2.0.0.14 "today" "yesterday" "two weeks ago" "old mail" Comments: what the? if your going to put something as annoying as telling me when the emails groupings were sent AT LEAST make it something that is changeable/customizable as I can SEE when they were sent, I do not need or like them grouped in this fashion - I find it extremely annoying...please make all future updates and this asap with full customizable layouts thank you chris ...

Help with""Generic Host Process for Win32 Service""
Hope someone has some insight to this problem. 1.XP home system running well. 2. Suddenly I note that whenever connected to internet, via Dial Up Modem, a constant upload is taking place. 3. Ad-Aware 5.82 shows no spyware on system 4.AVG, up-to-date, shows no viruses etc. 5 Zone Alarm Free shows program responsible is ""Generic Host Process for Win32 Service"" Using ZA to stop internet access for this program stops the upload. Does anyone know what is going on. NB:- No new software downloaded in past 48hrs and we do not use Morpheous or Kazzaa. Any hel...

How to "send the page" not just the "link" with Firefox/Thunderbird
The subject line sums it up. Why can't I just select an entire page (Ctrl A), copy in Firefox and then paste in Thunderbird ? Or is there a better way ? Thanks jp Jack Patteeuw <jjpatteeuw@nospam.net> wrote in news:_i0ee.3409$pe3.559 @newsread3.news.atl.earthlink.net: > The subject line sums it up. > > Why can't I just select an entire page (Ctrl A), copy in Firefox and > then paste in Thunderbird ? > > Or is there a better way ? Sending the link is the better way. Sending a page is rude on so many levels. -- }:-) ...

Thunderbird appending "<" and ">" to recipient email addresses
Hello, For some reason Thunderbird is appending "<" and ">" to recipient email addresses and is preventing my emails from being sent. Does anyone know what is causing this and how to overcome the problem? Many thanks, Simon On 14-10-2007 18:51 CET, Simon Bingham composed this enchanting statement: > Hello, > > For some reason Thunderbird is appending "<" and ">" to recipient > email addresses and is preventing my emails from being sent. Does > anyone know what is causing this and how to overcome the problem?...

To receive mails "orange" in "Thunderbird" it's not possible for me !
Name: Mme Rodriguez Odette Email: rodrigdotfaratorangedotfr Product: Thunderbird Summary: To receive mails "orange" in "Thunderbird" it's not possible for me ! Comments: My entering E-mails can't pass automatically from Orange to Thunderbird ! What do I make for that ? Please,tell me the way ! Thank you for your help ! O. Rodriguez Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.0; fr; rv:1.8.1) Gecko/20061010 Firefox/2.0 ...

Making Thunderbird display quotes with ">"
How can I tell Thunderbird 1.0, when composing, to display quoted text with the traditional ">" instead of the colored bars? I've tried the methods recommended in the Knowledge Base, at http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?p=588836#588836 http://www.holgermetzger.de/efaqmailnews.html#4 But neither worked. I created a user.js and put the lines user_pref("mail.quoted_graphical", false); user_pref("mail.quoteasblock", false); user_pref("mailnews.display.disable_format_flowed_support", true); This appeared to have no effe...

Does Thunderbird support "search by attachment name"?
Hi, All, Does anyone know if Thunderbird support "search by attachment name" or is there any add-on that support this feature? If no, is there any plan to support it? Thanks Brian On 12/06/2010 01:03 AM, Brian Lu wrote: > Does anyone know if Thunderbird support "search by attachment name" or > is there any add-on that support this feature? The global search mechanism searches by attachment name. However, there is no way to specify to only search by attachment name in the Thunderbird core. It is possible for extensions to issue queries that...

Web resources about - Help please- Thunderbird "not a valid win32 application" after - mozilla.support.thunderbird