Getting password error when trying to get mail.

Hi,

my problem is that when I logon to Thunderbird & it immediately logons to
the relevant POP3 server it throws back an alert that 'Sending the password
did not succeed. Mail server MAIL1.eircom.net responded: invalid ray
o'sullivan'.

I have contacted the support people for the eircom server mentioned above
and confirmed that the password I was using was/is correct. I have been
using Thunderbird for 2 to 3 years with no issues even when I went to
broadband.

Any clues to a resolution would certainly be appreciated as I am a daily
user.

Thanks,

Ray.

0
RayLOTR
7/15/2008 7:05:48 PM
mozilla.support.thunderbird 22506 articles. 5 followers. Post Follow

RayLOTR wrote:

> my problem is that when I logon to Thunderbird & it immediately logons to
> the relevant POP3 server it throws back an alert that 'Sending the password
> did not succeed. Mail server MAIL1.eircom.net responded: invalid ray
> o'sullivan'.
>
> I have contacted the support people for the eircom server mentioned above
> and confirmed that the password I was using was/is correct. I have been
> using Thunderbird for 2 to 3 years with no issues even when I went to
> broadband.
>
> Any clues to a resolution would certainly be appreciated as I am a daily
> user.

The password may be correct, but are you sure you are using the correct
username for your account?

Nico

--
Two hydrogen atoms meet. One says "I've lost my electron."
The other says "Are you sure?" The first replies "Yes, I'm positive."

You're the man!  Like everything else in this computer business a change has
some impact and of course what did I do on Sunday night ... change my
username!
I should be shot for not copping that basic change.

Many thanks!

"Nico Bartels" <no.spam.4.me@xs4all.nl> wrote in message
> RayLOTR wrote:
>
>> my problem is that when I logon to Thunderbird & it immediately logons to
>> the relevant POP3 server it throws back an alert that 'Sending the
>> password did not succeed. Mail server MAIL1.eircom.net responded: invalid
>> ray o'sullivan'.
>>
>> I have contacted the support people for the eircom server mentioned above
>> and confirmed that the password I was using was/is correct. I have been
>> using Thunderbird for 2 to 3 years with no issues even when I went to
>> broadband.
>>
>> Any clues to a resolution would certainly be appreciated as I am a daily
>> user.
>
> The password may be correct, but are you sure you are using the correct
> username for your account?
>

> Nico
>
> --
> Two hydrogen atoms meet. One says "I've lost my electron."
> The other says "Are you sure?" The first replies "Yes, I'm positive."

0
RayLOTR

trying to get started and i am getting this error
when i go to http://www.porkchopsplayground.com, i get: DotNetNuke Upgrade Error The Assembly Version ( [ASSEMBLYVERSION] ) does not match the Database Version ( [DATABASEVERSION] ) ERROR: Could not connect to database. Could not find file 'd:\hosting\nmoran26\Providers\DataProviders\AccessDataProvider\DotNetNuke.mdb'. Any suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks, Nicole Do you have a username and password set on your database? Make sure you follow the steps mentionned in the Readme.txt located in the documentation folder. In any case make sure your credentials for yo...

POST GET GET GET GET... WTH?

Provider error in web.config (Tried to change Strong Password now getting error)
  All,Clubsite running on IIS 5, SQL Server 2000. I had the clubwebsite running perfectly, then decided to change the strong password section (Providers) as members had a hard time remembering their passwords.  I found a few places on the web including this site,where they stated you could change the provider section of the web.config.  When I did this, I forgot to save a copy of the working one, so now it doesn't work at all.  I get the following error:  Nohting else was changed except for the Provider section.  I tried to put it back the way...

When I try to change a password I get error:
Password modification failed. The required dependencies were not found. Please reinstall this software from the original distribution to ensure the components are available. Refer to Novell documentation for the required prerequisites. > Password modification failed. The required dependencies were not found. > Please reinstall this software from the original distribution to ensure the > components are available. Refer to Novell documentation for the required > prerequisites. > Hi. We started getting the same error today, novell's online support and ...

Getting an error while trying to get the list directories present in FTP server
Please anyone help me out with this problem; Actually when i trying to get list of directories from ftp server m getting error as "The remote server returned an error: (550) File unavailable (e.g., file not found, no access). " Here is my code: Am calling this method from page load;public void GetDirectories(string strProduct) {  StringBuilder strBuilder = new StringBuilder();  #region"FTP - List Directories" try {string ftpServerIP = "ftpserverurl" or Ip address FtpWebRequest ftpReq;ftpReq = (FtpWebRequest)FtpWebRequest.Create(ne...

everytime I try to get on espn.com, I get an error and browser closes
Name: Shaun Email: shaunshaikhathotmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: everytime I try to get on espn.com, I get an error and browser closes Comments: Summary is sufficient Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.2; en-US; rv:1.9b4) Gecko/2008030714 Firefox/3.0b4 ...

get a security error - get certificate
This has only happened with one person. In trying to send an email to time warner (not an issue I don't think) when he trys to add his signature he gets 'security error' you do not have a security certficate. Talk about being the wrong error for this one. any ideas? GW7sp2 On Wed, 10 Oct 2007 20:18:51 +0000, mark wrote: > This has only happened with one person. In trying to send an email to > time warner (not an issue I don't think) when he trys to add his signature > he gets 'security error' you do not have a security certficate. Talk >...

Getting "Is Not Defined" error when trying to get JS to call a webservice
I've been trying to figure this out for a few hours and so far I'm stuck. Whenever I try to access the web service I get:  Test is not definedloadMarkersFromWS()                 onclick(click clientX=0, clientY=0)                Test.WS.ManageMarkers.getMarker(SucceededCallback);--- Any help would rock.   Here's my WS Code: <%@ WebService Language="C#" Class="Test.WS.ManageMa...

trying to get a simple url page using lwp but getting a 500 error
I am using the .bat file which comes with LWP called lwp-download.bat. When I type: lwp-download http:\\oracledev1.traco.com:8001 the reponse I get is: lwp-download: 500 Can't connect to :80 (Bad hostname ' ') I this this error message no matter what I try, and being brand new to LWP and rather new to Perl, I have no idea what to try next.... Thanks for any help I receive in advance!!!! your url is not correct. it should be http:// and not http:\\ ----- Original Message ----- From: "Ken Soenen" <Ken.Soenen@TRACO.COM> To: <libwww@perl.org...

Get All & Get all mail
Is there any difference between these two extensions? Daniel -- _____________________________________ Daniel Royer University of Geneva daniel at royer dot ch _Daniel Royer_ spoke thusly on 11/09/2006 4:31 AM: > Is there any difference between these two extensions? I can't seem to find a "Get All" extension for Thunderbird. The closest I've found is <http://extensionroom.mozdev.org/more-info.php/getmess>, which is not written to the extension manager API, that was implemented long before Thunderbird 1.0. If that's what you were referri...

Keep getting an error when trying to creat new mail
I keep getting an error in the GroupWise 7.0.2. " The MAPI Session Handle' Of the Novell Groupwise 'Object Request Broker' could not be accessed. The address book cannot run (error status: 0x80004005). I have uninstall and reinstall GroupWise. Deleted the caching mail box. Also installed windows messenger as well i tried to do a clean uninstall from the registry but keep getting the same error. Any suggestions. Thanks -- samjia ------------------------------------------------------------------------ That's more of a problem with Windows *Messaging*,...

Users get fffffda7 error when trying to change password
Problem: Users passwords expire. They get prompted to change password. They comply and type in new password. When they click ok they get a "fffffda7" error message. They have to use grace login to log in. This error is a -601 no such entry in NDS error. The server they are connected to is a NW 5.1 box that holds the master replica of the partition that holds their user account. This is happening for multiple users at multiple sites. The users accounts are old and have 8 entries in their old password attribute. They are using client xp 4.91. I have tried to fi...

Web resources about - Getting password error when trying to get mail. - mozilla.support.thunderbird

Password strength - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Password strength is a measure of the effectiveness of a password in resisting guessing and brute-force attacks. In its usual form, it estimates ...

California Employers, College Administrators Can’t Ask For Facebook Passwords
As the link between Facebook usage and work comes under closer scrutiny, several states have made it a law that employers cannot request social ...

Protecting Your Passwords and Your Privacy
Facebook and Privacy hat eine Notiz mit dem Titel Protecting Your Passwords and Your Privacy geschrieben. Du kannst den vollständigen Text hier ...

New Facebook Security Features: One-Time Passwords, Security Info
Facebook has launched two new security features to help users stay in control of their accounts. Users can now receive a one-time password from ...

Keeper Password Manager gains fingerprint support and more for Marshmallow users
Keeper Password Manager, a great solution to keep your passwords safe, has been updated with support for the new features of Android Marshmallow. ...

Dashlane password manager updated with 3D Touch and iOS 9 features
AgileBits 1Password may be the preferred password management app of many iOS device users (including most of us here on AppAdvice). But the latest ...

Password-pilfering app exposes weakness in iOS and Android vetting process
Highlighting crucial weaknesses in Apple's and Google's processes for admitting new titles into their competing app stores, both companies have ...

WARNING: Change your Amazon password now — Amazon suffers potential password leak
The Black Friday 2015 shopping season is upon us and Amazon's big Black Friday sale is in full swing , but some Amazon customers have received ...

DEUTSCHE BANK: Killing passwords is the future of security
Deutsche Bank is considering scrapping traditional passwords in favour of thumbprint technology, facial recognition, and smart tech that knows ...

Deutsche Bank is considering killing passwords to making online banking safer