get rid of the "filter message" column

Hi Everyone,

I hope you are little enjoying the weather where you are.

How do I get rid of the "filter this message?" message in Thunderbird? In other words, I get to the "treeview" which lists my mailboxes, and then the next tab should be the "listview" which is my messages in the inbox. How do I get rid of the "filter..." column  in between the two?

Thanks for your help.

Audrey
0
audrey

On 2018-07-08 12:19 p.m., audrey joy wrote:
> Hi Everyone,
>
> I hope you are little enjoying the weather where you are.
>
> How do I get rid of the "filter this message?" message in Thunderbird? In other words, I get to the "treeview" which lists my mailboxes, and then the next tab should be the "listview" which is my messages in the inbox. How do I get rid of the "filter..." column  in between the two?
>
> Thanks for your help.
>
> Audrey

View/Toolbars/Quick Filter Bar?
0
Steve
7/9/2018 3:03:04 PM
On 07/08/2018 07:19 PM, audrey joy wrote:
> Hi Everyone,
>
> I hope you are little enjoying the weather where you are.
>
> How do I get rid of the "filter this message?" message in Thunderbird? In other words, I get to the "treeview" which lists my mailboxes, and then the next tab should be the "listview" which is my messages in the inbox. How do I get rid of the "filter..." column  in between the two?
>
> Thanks for your help.
>
> Audrey

Close the Quick Filter Bar. Then moving focus by hitting the tab button
will skip it. I don't think there is a keyboard shortcut for that.
0
dillinger
7/9/2018 9:14:49 PM
On 7/9/2018 11:14 PM, dillinger wrote:
> On 07/08/2018 07:19 PM, audrey joy wrote:
>> Hi Everyone,
>>
>> I hope you are little enjoying the weather where you are.
>>
>> How do I get rid of the "filter this message?" message in Thunderbird?
>> In other words, I get to the "treeview" which lists my mailboxes, and
>> then the next tab should be the "listview" which is my messages in the
>> inbox. How do I get rid of the "filter..." column  in between the two?
>>
>> Thanks for your help.
>>
>> Audrey
>>

> Close the Quick Filter Bar. Then moving focus by hitting the tab button
> will skip it. I don't think there is a keyboard shortcut for that.

I don't understand the OP's question, but F6 switches focus between the
folder pane, thread pane and message pane.

Onno
0
Onno
7/10/2018 8:45:31 PM
On 07/10/2018 10:45 PM, Onno Ekker wrote:
> On 7/9/2018 11:14 PM, dillinger wrote:
>> On 07/08/2018 07:19 PM, audrey joy wrote:
>>> Hi Everyone,
>>>
>>> I hope you are little enjoying the weather where you are.
>>>
>>> How do I get rid of the "filter this message?" message in Thunderbird=
?
>>> In other words, I get to the "treeview" which lists my mailboxes, and=

>>> then the next tab should be the "listview" which is my messages in th=
>>> inbox. How do I get rid of the "filter..." column=C2=A0 in between th=
e two?

>>> Thanks for your help.
>>>
>>> Audrey
>>>

>> Close the Quick Filter Bar. Then moving focus by hitting the tab butto=
>> will skip it. I don't think there is a keyboard shortcut for that.
>=20
> I don't understand the OP's question, but F6 switches focus between the=

> folder pane, thread pane and message pane.
>=20
> Onno
>=20

That is probably a better solution for the OP, AFAICT she is using a=20
screen reader.

0
dillinger