Get "Mail"/"Get "News" / "Write"/"Post" buttons?

   If the "Get Mail" button text changed to "Get News", and "Write"
changed to "Post" when TB's in the news-reading mode, it would save me
and probably others from constantly forgetting to make the change before
proceeding. :-)
   Or is there an extension to do this which I don't know about?
   Thanks!

Bob

-1
Bob

Bob P wrote:
>   If the "Get Mail" button text changed to "Get News", and "Write"
> changed to "Post" when TB's in the news-reading mode, it would save me
> and probably others from constantly forgetting to make the change before
> proceeding. :-)
>   Or is there an extension to do this which I don't know about?
>   Thanks!
>
> Bob

Why do you need a "Get News" button?  If there are any new news
messages, the newsgroup name will be bold and have a number next to it.
  Click on the name of the newsgroup, and the new messages will be sent.
Why call the "Write" button "Post"?  That could equally apply to "Reply"
as to "Write", and so would be less informative.
-1
EE
11/8/2006 7:48:32 PM
EE wrote:
> Bob P wrote:
>>   If the "Get Mail" button text changed to "Get News", and "Write"
>> changed to "Post" when TB's in the news-reading mode, it would save me
>> and probably others from constantly forgetting to make the change before
>> proceeding. :-)
>>   Or is there an extension to do this which I don't know about?
>>   Thanks!
>>
>> Bob
>>
> Why do you need a "Get News" button?  If there are any new news
> messages, the newsgroup name will be bold and have a number next to it.
>  Click on the name of the newsgroup, and the new messages will be sent.
> Why call the "Write" button "Post"?  That could equally apply to "Reply"
> as to "Write", and so would be less informative.

   It's only one of those tiny unimportant things. Often when I've been
reading newsgroups, I remember to write an e-mail to someone, click on
"Write" without checking and TB automatically puts my newsgroup posting
e-mail address instead of my normal one in the sender line. Or I decide
to download any new e-mails and it updates the newsgroup list instead.
   I can live with it as I'm sure everyone else does. Just a thought. :-)

Bob

-1
Bob
11/9/2006 3:35:10 AM
_Bob P_ spoke thusly on 08/11/2006 11:04 AM:
>   If the "Get Mail" button text changed to "Get News", and "Write"
> changed to "Post" when TB's in the news-reading mode, it would save me
> and probably others from constantly forgetting to make the change before
> proceeding. :-)

Forgetting to make what change?
--
Chris Ilias
mozilla.test.multimedia moderator
Chris Ilias wrote:
> _Bob P_ spoke thusly on 08/11/2006 11:04 AM:
>>   If the "Get Mail" button text changed to "Get News", and "Write"
>> changed to "Post" when TB's in the news-reading mode, it would save me
>> and probably others from constantly forgetting to make the change before
>> proceeding. :-)
>
> Forgetting to make what change?

    For example, if I've got a newsgroup selected/highlighted and I
click on "Get Mail", TB will update that newsgroup if it can. If I've
got one of the e-mail folders highlighted, clicking the same button will
make TB look for new e-mail. The same kind of thing applies to the Write
button.
    What I meant was making the change between the e-mail and newsreader
functions by having an appropriate folder selected before I try to use
those buttons.
    I hope this makes sense. As I said, it's not a big thing and anyway
I seem to be the only one who's noticed it. :-)

Bob

-1
Bob
11/9/2006 7:29:19 AM
Bob P wrote:
> EE wrote:
>> Bob P wrote:
>>>   If the "Get Mail" button text changed to "Get News", and "Write"
>>> changed to "Post" when TB's in the news-reading mode, it would save me
>>> and probably others from constantly forgetting to make the change before
>>> proceeding. :-)
>>>   Or is there an extension to do this which I don't know about?
>>>   Thanks!
>>>
>>> Bob
>>>
>> Why do you need a "Get News" button?  If there are any new news
>> messages, the newsgroup name will be bold and have a number next to
>> it.  Click on the name of the newsgroup, and the new messages will be
>> sent.
>> Why call the "Write" button "Post"?  That could equally apply to
>> "Reply" as to "Write", and so would be less informative.
>
>   It's only one of those tiny unimportant things. Often when I've been
> reading newsgroups, I remember to write an e-mail to someone, click on
> "Write" without checking and TB automatically puts my newsgroup posting
> e-mail address instead of my normal one in the sender line. Or I decide
> to download any new e-mails and it updates the newsgroup list instead.
>   I can live with it as I'm sure everyone else does. Just a thought. :-)
>
> Bob

Now you're talking Robert. Good work.
-1
Garth
11/10/2006 4:55:58 AM
Garth wrote:

> Now you're talking Robert. Good work.

DNFTT

1
Bob
11/10/2006 5:11:19 AM
Bob P wrote:
> Garth wrote:
>>>

>> Now you're talking Robert. Good work.
>
> DNFTT

What does that mean brother.
0
compositor
11/11/2006 2:55:54 AM

>>> Why do you need a "Get News" button?  If there are any new news
>>> messages, the newsgroup name will be bold and have a number next to
>>> it.  Click on the name of the newsgroup, and the new messages will be
>>> sent.
>>> Why call the "Write" button "Post"?  That could equally apply to
>>> "Reply" as to "Write", and so would be less informative.
>>
>>   It's only one of those tiny unimportant things. Often when I've been
>> reading newsgroups, I remember to write an e-mail to someone, click on
>> "Write" without checking and TB automatically puts my newsgroup
>> posting e-mail address instead of my normal one in the sender line. Or
>> I decide to download any new e-mails and it updates the newsgroup list
>> instead.
>>   I can live with it as I'm sure everyone else does. Just a thought. :-)
>>
>> Bob

Bob,

It would be nice if buttons for different windows were contextual and
good on you for thinking. It will take a long time for basic functions
to be established and when people have the guts to change the program in
different ways.

regards
0
listserv

.ALLCOL("%COLUMN%", " ", ", ", ", ")

quotes, quotes, quotes...

"SSL" "Mail" and "Code"
Does anybody know of any discussions taking place within Mozilla regarding these 3 bits in the certificate manager? Perhaps I've missed something in the discussions here. In any case, I think a new mechanism for indicating trust w/in the Mozilla apps are needed. Take for example the "StartCom Certification Authority" root. The Certificate Manager (I'm using Firefox on Windows) says it can identify web sites, email users, and code yet the cert itself says it can only be used for signing other certs (essentially, that is). At a minimum this is confusing but I have...

Replacing "\\" with "\"

double quote

"Using" or "With"

"Me" is better than "You"

replace the "." with a ","

"To" and "From" missing

Using "+" or "||"

"JROC" / "JROK" / "JROCK" / "JROQ"
I just started a new contract and the tech lead told me that he wanted me to become familiar with something called "JROC" (among some other tools). I've been searching the web and I haven't found any dev tool called "JROC." Based on the name of the tool, it sounds like it encapsulates some javascript functionality. I have tried searching for different spellings - "JROK" / "JROCK" / "JROQ" but I haven't found any matches. Have you ever heard of a dev tool by this name?...

Web resources about - Get "Mail"/"Get "News" / "Write"/"Post" buttons? - mozilla.support.thunderbird